Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do people have to pay taxes on Bitcoin?  (Read 17738 times)
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 12:30:59 AM

This is a good signal for the future of bitcoin, I myself have never paid taxes when owning bitcoin in any form because in the country I live there is no legal framework that regulates bitcoin as a legal products.
Every country will have a lot of differences to address bitcoin, what you say is that the legal framework does not yet exist for bitcoin regulation so it can be ascertained that there will be no tax withdrawals to be imposed. indeed it's good that bitcoin is taxed like income received. obviously with the existence of taxes, the existence of bitcoin will be recognized, so that anyone dealing with bitcoin can be calm.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Falgorn

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 06:51:18 PM

Tax law is dependent on your country and locality. Recently in the United States, the IRS has declared that Bitcoin is to be treated as property, not currency, for tax purposes. All income in the US is taxed, regardless of what form it takes. If you’re paid in bitcoins, you’re supposed to pay taxes on your earnings at the BTC/USD exchange rate when you receive payment.

Is it a good decision or bad?

As far as I know, in the United States are still determined by the legal identity of cryptocurrency. However, if the cryptocurrency is now recognized as property and the state has established rules and amounts of taxation, then taxes will have to be paid. If cryptocurrency holders ignore tax payment orders, the state will have the opportunity to tighten the rules of cryptocurrency circulation, up to its prohibition. I do not think that this should be allowed.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 03:27:59 PM

There is a very difficult question some of us are facing right now. In case Bitcoin is illegal in a particular country, are we liable to pay taxes on any profit that results from the trade of BTC? I asked this question to one of my friends (who happens to be an advocate). He told me that we need to pay the taxes on any profit, irrespective of the legality of the act.

But how practical is that? Paying taxes in a country where Bitcoin is banned. How are you going to define it in the tax returns?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: