Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell us about the dishonest bounty you encountered and remind others!  (Read 423 times)
Wickedwitch28

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:53:48 AM

When i am still newbie here in bitcointalk, i tried to joined bounty campaign and i thought that all bounty campaigns are legit but it's just a scam and a dishonest bounty campaign. It saddened me that my first bounty campaign was a scam but It didn't made me stop to join bounty campaigns.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:01:28 AM

The worst case that happened to me was when it was given but after all bounty tokens were distributed, it was also the moment the whole team was gone. Site is gone, every single social media was gone. They have deleted their traces and maybe got their millions of money spent to a nice islands somewhere.

3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:05:44 AM

I have not been scammed by any project until now primarily doe to the fact that I do a lot of research based on factors like campaign manager, whitepaper, development team, social media interactions by the development team etc before choosing any particular project. Luck has also helped me here. I urge everyone to do their research before joining any campaign since this helps in a big way based on my experience.

konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:06:49 AM

yes it is true that the situation often happens and I have experienced it. annoying indeed, when reading the ICO offered along with the prospect in it looks very nice and has a bright future. but it turns out to be just a scam project and no gift sharing. there must be one bureaucracy to handle this, because if it continues like this, ICO will become unpopular again or even cryptocurrency will be lost.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

I already experienced many dishonest bounty those projects which did not pay their bounty according to what was stated in the publish details of the thread where the program was posted. I heard that some bounty managers slashed what should have been for the participants and appropriated the same for themselves...and there are so many ways this can be done. Now, there are also project owners that just DO NOT pay anything to the bounty participants for reasons they can only explain. But what can be worst than projects that just went away like smoke leaving the token buyers and bounty hunters behind holding nothing but a shocked face of disbelief. This is what we are getting in a very deregulated market where scam perpetrators remains unpunished and unaccountable for their acts of shame. Everything here is still hit-and-miss and for now there is not much we can do about it except avoiding as much as possible projects which we feel can be problematic (though this can be challenging, indeed).
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:10:53 AM

"If one day all of the bounty activities can be published and recorded using blockchain, then this kind of deception will be easier to find and then only honest projects will be left behind."

When that day comes there will no longer be a need for bounty hunters to promote the good projects and you will no longer get any rewards. Today is the "Wild West" early days of cryptocurrency and it is unlikely to last. I have no doubt that in the near future we will see things change and all those currently making money, bounty hunters, bounty managers and ICO ratings agencies will be out of a job.

liangzi123

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:58:18 AM

The Peculium bounty has ended for a long time, but the official has always said that in the statistics, it has been a month and there is no result. Their ico time is also more than half a year. In short, many people give them promotion and complain. This is a dishonest project.

DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:11:08 AM

I remember a lot of bounty that turned out to be scammers. The lack of protection of participants and investors of bounty is a big problem. Some teams leave the country with a bag of money collected on ICO, throwing investors and bounty participants.
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:41:36 AM

I have not been scammed by any project until now primarily doe to the fact that I do a lot of research based on factors like campaign manager, whitepaper, development team, social media interactions by the development team etc before choosing any particular project. Luck has also helped me here. I urge everyone to do their research before joining any campaign since this helps in a big way based on my experience.
It is a good thing. It is indeed very truthfully analysis needs to be done but sometimes many people ignore this and immediately join the course with some reasons such as manager that is running and there is a large rank participated so feel safe. but in reality, many are behind it and turned out to be a scam.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:49:23 AM

Obizcoin was a scammer. This project were from India. They never paid bounty after ICO ended.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:55:54 AM

I think 20% of the bounties that I have join either did not paid the hunters or the coins was not listed  in an exchange for almost a year after the coins was issued or either the project have not push through. Still this situation does not stop me from joining other bounties. But the lesson learned here is study or research first before joining any bounties so that time and effort would not ne wasted.
Suharjo

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:57:03 AM

yes I did experience it and it is very annoying. when I read the ICO program that had good prospects with a very promising allocation and I started joining the bounty campaign, but after that there was no more clarity about the project. the admin was blurred and did not complete the ICO. no reward is paid. so, now I am very cautious when going to invest.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:59:36 AM

Situation 3: I've met with "Bitpaction". Reduced the bonus and then Disappeared.
This is not fair when we spend hours to make them last we also do not get anything.
We need action to save ourselves but how?

kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:01:58 AM

I love bounty that run by third party, like Amazix or others. Because they have clearly rules and regulations for bounty hunters, they're also the bridge between us (bounty hunters) and the ICO company.
As one of the dishonest bounty is RedBux https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3000658.2600
They reduce the bounty hunter rewards more than 400 times and bounty hunters have no way to against it.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:03:37 AM

There is a particular bounty campaign that put a requirement that all bounty hunters should invest at least 0.1ETH before they can be rewarded.
This requirement came right in the middle of the campaign after we've worked for weeks, I stopped work immediately and move on to another campaign.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:07:34 AM

Situation 3: I've met with "Bitpaction". Reduced the bonus and then Disappeared.
This is not fair when we spend hours to make them last we also do not get anything.
We need action to save ourselves but how?

I am also dont understand why he reduce total capp if they dont pay anything.
Name this movements now: shitpaction effect

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:07:39 AM

Too many bounty programs are dishonest. I feel that even if they fail, they should honor their promises instead of always trying to escape. This kind of project is a matter of character and it is not worth paying attention and investing.

That is why we need to choose carefully about the ICO projects that if possible we choose the ICO that handled by most famous and respected bounty managers because for me these bounty managers will review will the projects before accepting it because their reputation is at stake. There are only few new bounty managers are with true sympathy of the hunters so better choose carefully or your effort will be wasted.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:22:15 AM

That is why we need to choose carefully about the ICO projects that if possible we choose the ICO that handled by most famous and respected bounty managers because for me these bounty managers will review will the projects before accepting it because their reputation is at stake. There are only few new bounty managers are with true sympathy of the hunters so better choose carefully or your effort will be wasted.

Bounty managers are big factor when choosing a bounty that you will join because they wouldn't just manage a project without reviewing first if the team is honest with their intention. It would also tarnished their reputation if they promote a scam project. Few months ago, there is a reputable manager that has revealed he know that the team just manipulated the amount reach by the team so now, he is no longer trusted and has negative trust. If the team do not attend seminars and blockchain conferences and not showing their face then for me it is already a red flag.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:43:38 AM

When you look at it, all bounty campaign has its rules that the bounty manager and the company can change the rules or allocation of funds whenever and however they want. So there's no point to do intensive research as all bounty campaign has a tendency to do this. That being said, my strategy is to join bounty campaigns that are nearly at its end; so there'll be more chances of 'winning'.

Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:45:13 AM

All the bounty threads have their rules, but the bounty manager can change them at will.
Then I think this is an unreasonable plan.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: