Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:21:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell us about the dishonest bounty you encountered and remind others!  (Read 423 times)
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:11:27 AM

So many projects are scamming bounty these days, but it only because bounty hunter let them. You can always sue the project in your home country based on not fulfilling terms under international law. If you can’t afford a lawyer, represent yourself in court. At the least, spend the same amount of time FUD the project that they took from you. However, I don’t consider delayed payment with a GOOD reason something we should complain about. Also bounty hunter should stop rushing to tg with “when bounty” questions as soon as the bounty ends; it makes us look bad. You can always use PM. Also, Bitcoin Talk should create a blacklist for manager and project that don’t pay bounty.
kma.deno

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

I also want that those dishonest bounty get caught and also get proper punishment. Always they escaped and let the users in harmful position. Proper steps should be taken to stop them.
FrosyaBulatova

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:16:45 PM

BL blockchainchain - the perfect solution to combat the fraudulent bath programs. But, I'm afraid, with the introduction of this system will have problems, because the scammers are not profitable to have it appeared. And while it all remains only " in words."
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

Recent example of dishonest bounty is Equi Capital, they promised to pay 5 million equi tokens to bounty participants that is worth around $2.5 million and 2% of total token supply. The bounty was conducted in 2 phases, span ona time period of over 5 months and thousands of participants, now they have announced that they have closed bounty campaigns and the bounty hunters will be rewarded with $140k only which is rediculous amount for 5 months of working and so many participants.
I suggest everyone should protest with them so that they reverse their decision and pay the full promised amount to bounty hunters.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:27:02 PM

I have done 3 bounties so far. ALL are thru signature campaign and they are honest with the stakes they distributed. One common redflag for bounties is poor communication with the bounty managers or team, Another is the not updated spreadsheets. So better to not waste your time on these kind of projects and move on to another
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:04:22 PM

The most common that I had encountered were the changing of the bounty allocation and extending the bounty duration for a few months.. Like for example one campaign that I have joined last year. The bounty campaign has an allocation of 25% of the total reward  for signature. However they extended the campaign for a few months and after the bounty has closed they changed the allocation for signature from 25% to 5%. Many bounty hunters complained but did not avail. Anyway the token now is almost a shitcoin.
LeviathanBarrage

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:31:23 PM

Actually there are both good and bad experience regarding the bounties. The market of Crypto currency is getting more and more popular. Since it is decentralized market so it is hard to find the good and bad projects. But now a day there are lots of cases of fake bounties. So investors need to be very careful.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:38:57 PM

One of the dishonest bounty projects I encountered during the course of my bounty campaigns experience is Crestonium, here the team after collecting funds from investors disappeared with the funds. It was a very pathetic experience for investors.

digitalman001

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:31:04 PM

Does anyone know about the Omnitude project, the bounty is over for a few months, and it has not been issued, bountyhive let go to the official, and then there is no following, no credit, garbage project.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

Most project parties hope to promote their projects through rewarding activities. There are many requirements and commitments for participation in the rewards, but whether or not the implementation of commitments represents the integrity of the project parties. All of you say that you have encountered projects that do not comply with promises so that more people can see that avoiding long hours of work will ultimately result in no return.

Common situations:
1. The bounty is postponed, and it is extended after the deadline specified in the initial explanation, and it may be extended many times.
2. Delayed not issuing coins. After the bounty is over, it is always said in the statistics, but no token has been issued.
3. Suddenly changed conditions and contradicted the initial conditions, resulting in invalidation of previous rewards.
4. The third party team manages the bounty. After the end, the official and third parties push each other and no tokens are issued.

I hope that more people can speak out the problems they have encountered and point out what projects they are. The market does not need more dishonest projects, and more real and honest projects are needed.

If one day all of the bounty activities can be published and recorded using blockchain, then this kind of deception will be easier to find and then only honest projects will be left behind.
Hopefully there will be a governing body that overlooks different projects to come in so that it can lessen or somehow it will totally apprehend the scam project, I know it takes more time to do this, or even having difficulties to pursue but I'm someone will make the first move.
DanielJacob

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:39:05 PM

You should be very careful while choosing the bounty in which you want to participate. These days, there are many bounties which are dishonest and do not pay you actual earning. Do a thorough research before participating in any bounty.
wulian18

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:40:14 AM

IIOTTEL is an IoT project that allows all appliances to be interconnected, but the result is a failed project. The bounty is carried out for 2 months and then disappears.
PonyBoy

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:58:38 AM

I have participated in impressio Bounty, and it turned to be a scam. As far as I know right now but anyway there are many of those can bounties you should just be ready for some of them to turn out to be scammed...
luyin46

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:21:55 AM

There are too many scammers, and the number is too much. I really hope that there is a place where they can be exposed, then let everyone see, don't be deceived, and don't invest in it.
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:27:31 AM

So many projects are scamming bounty these days, but it only because bounty hunter let them. You can always sue the project in your home country based on not fulfilling terms under international law. If you can’t afford a lawyer, represent yourself in court. At the least, spend the same amount of time FUD the project that they took from you. However, I don’t consider delayed payment with a GOOD reason something we should complain about. Also bounty hunter should stop rushing to tg with “when bounty” questions as soon as the bounty ends; it makes us look bad. You can always use PM. Also, Bitcoin Talk should create a blacklist for manager and project that don’t pay bounty.

Very good point, if no one is taking actions against people who enjoy to steal from others or abusing their time they dedicate to projects then what motivation would they have to stop these activities? None, therefore they keep going and I feel things are rather becoming worse then better as more get attracted to that space who have only one thing in mind, profit from other peoples losses, it's really sad to see this.

katawan4741
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:43:51 AM

We can't do anything about that. We are not the ones that are handling the distribution or anything realated about giving out tokens to the participants. No matter how we keep on making an appeal they would still the one to decide. All we can do is wait and be patient. If it will come them we are lucky if not then so be it. Move on and look for another opportunity.
Fatimah Azzahra

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:56:20 AM

too many fraud projects for now.
even if the future is getting worse like, it will be what the fate of this forum if let it continue and grow larger by fraud in the future.
right now from all the projects I'm following now, even though it's all done and the job is selling, but there's no token in my wallet.
it is very harmful if this continues and let it grow.
Valay9836

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:25:24 AM

I noticed that many good ico require large grades . But there are also small ranks are also very good
randyboy

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

I encountered a most dishonest bounty ever! because they give allocation for $4 million and at the end of the bounty they reduce it to $1 million so bounty hunters expected too much to this bounty and give their best to promote it then they manipulate it for unaccepted reason.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: