Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:30:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese investor loses $400,000,000 in Bitcoin  (Read 754 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:32:00 PM

I think we should consider the actual loss and the loss is not the actual loss unless we liquidate the investment. In this case, the investor has not liquidated his entire funds. On the other hand, we are not sure that if he has purchased more Bitcoins at lower levels and maintained those Bitcoins in other wallets.
superman99

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:23:56 PM

He had some 100,000 Bitcoins on March 2018 when Bitcoin was $10,000 to $12,000. Now Bitcoin is $6,000

Read:

At least one individual in China took the term “HODL” to heart as his or her Bitcoin wallet has seen a total of 93,947 BTC transferred to it since March 25, 2018. The wallet’s address is 1KAt6STtisWMMVo5XGdos9P7DBNNsFfjx7 and it currently possesses 85,947 of the total amount in Bitcoin that it originally had, after selling exactly 8,000 BTC off.

Read more: https://cryptovest.com/news

Condolatory !
Good luck not to you!
But with the market like this BTC will increase rapidly in the coming time.
Glad108

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

How true really is this news? I am not convinced about this. $400,000,000 is a whole lot of money. But no matter what, I still will not blame the investor for deciding to hodl. He should even hodl more till Bitcoin bounces back fully.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:37:16 PM

Maybe more precisely he doesn't lose money, but loses or sells bitcoin. You should be able to distinguish between FIAT & BTC. FIAT's value will continue to decrease year by year, the value of BTC will increase slowly but surely.

FYI, maybe he moved the balance to this address

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/183hmJGRuTEi2YDCWy5iozY8rZtFwVgahM

First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

It's really stupid to sell to 6000$ if you bought at 12000$. I have no words...

He invested $1 billion in Bitcoins and the price fell to $6000.  Grin  I have some big buyers at $5000
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:06:52 PM

There aren’t any realized losses since the investor is still holding the bulk of his BTC. And we do not know what is the price he bought his BTC for.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

He had some 100,000 Bitcoins on March 2018 when Bitcoin was $10,000 to $12,000. Now Bitcoin is $6,000

Read:

At least one individual in China took the term “HODL” to heart as his or her Bitcoin wallet has seen a total of 93,947 BTC transferred to it since March 25, 2018. The wallet’s address is 1KAt6STtisWMMVo5XGdos9P7DBNNsFfjx7 and it currently possesses 85,947 of the total amount in Bitcoin that it originally had, after selling exactly 8,000 BTC off.

I don't seem to understand the post also. Are we talking of 2 bitcoin holders here? What has the hodl got to do with loss? You are reason why some thread are uneccesarily deleted by admin because the OP was actually not clear enough to make a sensible contribution.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Adill Islam

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

The Chinese investor loses $400,000,000 in Bitcoin and the later the price fell. There are more sellers. I think he will be more damaged if it sells at this time. holding assets is something to do in investing.
kriptowitch

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

Your calculation is wrong. He would have lost that much if he would have sold. You know the profit/loss only when you are on the same coin i.e. after conversion is done for real.
He sold only (heh, only?!!!?) 8 000BTC of the 100 000 93947BTC. If Bitcoin falls more and he sells, he'll lose more, if Bitcoin recovers before he sells, he will not lose anything.

Something I at first too did not understand the calculation. You have correctly noticed, and I want to add that the case when you have already sold bitcoin is considered to have lost the investment. And until you sell it, you can still win a lot. The Chinese are panicking... Grin

ANN |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰|    ASURE NETWORK     |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰| Bounty
FIRST SCALABLE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NETWORK
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:08:47 PM

The Chinese investor loses $400,000,000 in Bitcoin and the later the price fell. There are more sellers. I think he will be more damaged if it sells at this time. holding assets is something to do in investing.

These new investors don't understand the meaning of hodl. Sometime they do not even know what investment means. Atleast hodl for a couple of years. Ether grew to the current price after 3 years of hodl. Be patient. You're not going to do 100x overnight.
allaking

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:16:47 PM

If this is exactly what happened to them then we must learn from it. We must know when to hodl and to what extent we should hold. Also we have to know when to sell. Crypto market is volatile and cryptocurrency investment is for risk takers and those who have patience.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Intensity13.6

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:17:54 PM

Maybe that Chinese investors felt fear during the falling of bitcoin price or maybe that investors badly needed the money that's why he sell his bitcoin even in a lower price. But i think he still gain profit and not lost if he buy his bitcoin at $5000 during the month of march then he sold at $6000. You know that investors that has a huge amount of bitcoin knows what he did and i believe he will not sell his bitcoin if he know he could lost it and felt regret someday.
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:12:17 PM

Too Bad, That would have been good when he relax himself and wait for the bull run again... The bitcoin economy is not for him i think... That huge BTC should have been hodling for about 3-4 years to gets its full Earning.
pginvest

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:37:03 PM

I assume anyone who is investing that kind of money knows what they are doing, and appreciates the risks Vs rewards involved. That said for anyone who invested big money at the ATH must be sweating a little right now, but if you look at some of the predictions for the long term, they might still be very wise investments.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:38:15 PM

Read:

He lost nothing, it's a lost profit, he just did not do anything, so he did not get the profit he could get.

In fact, consider other people's money is not good - a bad sign. Roll Eyes
Kocret02

Activity: 1176

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:41:34 PM

wow ... if that's the case I think the number is very big. maybe investors in China can learn the experience of investing in bitcoin. I think that's a big disappointment. but must be patient because if terlanjur sold then will not get anything.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
zhabuxxs

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:57:59 PM

the latest info from the wallet at 2018-07-01 13:03:15 he has sent all the remaining bitcon with a total of 85947.12740781 BTC.
Hopefully he does not sell it at current prices ... because if that happens, bitcoin prices will drop significantly
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

Wooww. I can't imagine that earn money with all my life even BTC rise up to 1M$. And hi has a big loss. I hope he is right.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:04:35 PM

Just because he had close to 100k Bitcoins in March doesn't automatically mean he bought them all in March. If he had bought at any point pre-December 2017 (all time high at that point was around ~$5k), he'd still have made at least ~$8 million dollars in profit by selling off 8k coins.

If nothing else, this scenario puts into perspective how well Bitcoin is doing despite the bear market. Same time last year, Bitcoin was trading for around ~$2k if I remember correctly.
well he just lost opportunity and the lesson from this case is dont be greedy and just hold your coins cause market will definetly recover.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
ignatii

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:08:04 PM

I am sure that he will make huge profit in future. Such a big investor will be very much patient with his investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: