Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta (DEX) alternatives?  (Read 173 times)
bribed (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:59:17 AM

It has been some time since I went on a shopping tour for cryptos. But as the prices have dropped this low, its kind of tempting to fill up the pockets a little more, so I would like to know which the best alternatives to Etherdelta are that everybody is using currently?
Last time I traded on a dex was last year when Etherdelta was on its rise, but I havent heard anything about it anymore since it was hacked. What happened with ED? Is it still usable?
I have read about Idex a few times, I will surely check that one out. If there are other alternatives, I would be happy if you could point me towards the best DEX's at the moment.
Thanks in advance!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:04:22 AM

Great alternatives for this exchanger are

1) ForkDelta
2) Bancor

Both of them are decentralised exchangers and have got similar work nature. However they are best for the low fees and good volume of trade. This makes it very much easier for you to trade any coin that you want after ICO has finished and if its not available on any other exchanger.

I would prefer Bancor as it is also takes up the list of new coins very fast and mostly ICO developers prefer to list on them for quick access to investors.
bardadymr

Merit: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:11:05 AM

ForkDetla
IDEX
TIDEX
Bancor
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:22:43 AM

Never did like Etherdelta due to their horrible user interface, laggy website etc. I recommend Kucoin which is far more accessible and sports a much better interface to interact with. I place orders regularly on Kucoin these days and have never been disappointed and am expecting it to grow as big as Binance and Bittrex sometime in the future. Forkdelta is another great exchange which I highly recommend.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:43:13 AM
Merited by trademaniac (2)

First of all, it's better not to use EtherDelta because there was a mess last year with this exchange, and some thing still are not sorted out - ForkDelta is safer. The most popular DEX at the moment must be IDEX, because they are listing almost all good coins right after ICOs, plus they have the biggest volume. The most convenient DEX is Bancor, their web app is really easy to use, there is no orderbook (since they use automated price discovery for token conversions) and on top o that they have FIAT gateway, so you can buy Ethereum with credit card and instantly convert it to any token. These three exchanges are only for Ethereum ERC20 tokens, there is also one for NEO NEP-5 tokens - Switcheo.
bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:42:19 PM

First of all, it's better not to use EtherDelta because there was a mess last year with this exchange, and some thing still are not sorted out - ForkDelta is safer. The most popular DEX at the moment must be IDEX, because they are listing almost all good coins right after ICOs, plus they have the biggest volume. The most convenient DEX is Bancor, their web app is really easy to use, there is no orderbook (since they use automated price discovery for token conversions) and on top o that they have FIAT gateway, so you can buy Ethereum with credit card and instantly convert it to any token. These three exchanges are only for Ethereum ERC20 tokens, there is also one for NEO NEP-5 tokens - Switcheo.

Thanks for all of your answers!

About Bancor: is it possible to trade any ERC20 token via the bancor project and smart contracts like it was possible on etherdelta (just by knowing the contract address one could trade the token, even if it wasnt listed officially) or only those that bancor has officially announced? If so I would definitely use Bancor from now on, because I want to support this great project.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:45:00 PM

At the moment i think Idex is on top, ther are many more new ones like tokenstore, ddex, ethernext etc but all these have low volume until now, i hope next trend will be decentralized exchanges and we will see even better decentralized exchanges.

bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:47:15 PM

Never did like Etherdelta due to their horrible user interface, laggy website etc. I recommend Kucoin which is far more accessible and sports a much better interface to interact with. I place orders regularly on Kucoin these days and have never been disappointed and am expecting it to grow as big as Binance and Bittrex sometime in the future. Forkdelta is another great exchange which I highly recommend.

Unfortunately the exchanges (KuCoin, Binance, Bittrex) are all centralized exchanges. Im only looking for decentralized exchanges, because I prefer not loosing control over my funds and giving them into custody to a third party. However as for centralized exchanges Im also using KuCoin and Binance and both have not disappointed me so far. They are doing their stuff in a professional manner, unlike many other centralized exchanges.
However I prefer using DEX's and to go a step further Im looking forward to decentralized exchanges that or using Atomic Swaps. With this technology there wont be any custody of traders funds anymore. I believe that the technology will find its way throughout 2018.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

You can try ForkDelta which actually uses the same contracts as EtherDelta but has a better team maintaining the interface. An interesting anomoly with it is that orders you place on EtherDelta appear on ForkDelta but not the other way round. So even though ForkDelta gets much higher trading volumes than EtherDelta I continue to place my trades on EtherDelta so they appear on both Exchanges.

sud

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:29:46 PM

About Bancor: is it possible to trade any ERC20 token via the bancor project and smart contracts like it was possible on etherdelta (just by knowing the contract address one could trade the token, even if it wasnt listed officially) or only those that bancor has officially announced? If so I would definitely use Bancor from now on, because I want to support this great project.

No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately. New projects that want to be listed there need to deposit their tokens as a reserve, and Bancor has to add them to their network. So this part of their exchange isn't decentralized.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

It has been some time since I went on a shopping tour for cryptos. But as the prices have dropped this low, its kind of tempting to fill up the pockets a little more, so I would like to know which the best alternatives to Etherdelta are that everybody is using currently?
Last time I traded on a dex was last year when Etherdelta was on its rise, but I havent heard anything about it anymore since it was hacked. What happened with ED? Is it still usable?
I have read about Idex a few times, I will surely check that one out. If there are other alternatives, I would be happy if you could point me towards the best DEX's at the moment.
Thanks in advance!
since that incident I also never used Etherdelta, there are some best DEX such as Bancor network and Waves Dex but not many tokens/altcoins are available in that exchange

Kucoin is a centralized exchange, DEX will be difficult to outperform centralized exchanges in terms of convenience but DEX is superior in terms of anonymity and security levels because the exchange is decentralized

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately. New projects that want to be listed there need to deposit their tokens as a reserve, and Bancor has to add them to their network. So this part of their exchange isn't decentralized.

Alright, now as you said it, I remember something like this of Bancor. You are right, this part of it isnt decentralized, however the actual exchange process is, one needs to keep in mind though that they theoretically still could interfere with their tokenchanger smart contracts am I right? This would classify Bancor as of now, as a semi decentralized exchange, where the centralized nature could still impact the exchange if anything goes wrong (unfortunately also if someone would have malicious intentions).
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:04:14 AM

I would avoid the majority of small exchanges due to their high trading fees and withdraw fees. You might also incur on timely delays.  Forkdelta is the only viable option at the moment due to their high number of pairs and fair fees.
bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:20:56 AM

I would avoid the majority of small exchanges due to their high trading fees and withdraw fees. You might also incur on timely delays.  Forkdelta is the only viable option at the moment due to their high number of pairs and fair fees.

Thanks for your answer. Tradingfees on small centralized exchanges are just a rip off. Its not worth trading small amounts there because withdrawal fees and even trading fees often outweigh the profit... And trading with larger amounts of funds is just too risky as most of those small centralized exchanges are really shady and could just run off with their costumers money. Thats why Im only looking for decent decentralized solutions.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:41:51 AM

IDEX is one of the most popular DEX platforms.Forkdelta is a community-managed version of Etherdelta that uses the same table of exchange orders and contracts as Etherdelta .
bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:37:08 PM

since that incident I also never used Etherdelta, there are some best DEX such as Bancor network and Waves Dex but not many tokens/altcoins are available in that exchange

Waves is unfortunately only for Waves tokens as far as I know, but I also believe that Waves will become a really good decentralized exchange once the community becomes bigger and therefore the volume as well. Would be great if they could implement atomic swaps or cross-chain solutions to their dex, as there are not so many Waves tokens.
bribed (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:40:32 PM

You can try ForkDelta which actually uses the same contracts as EtherDelta but has a better team maintaining the interface. An interesting anomoly with it is that orders you place on EtherDelta appear on ForkDelta but not the other way round. So even though ForkDelta gets much higher trading volumes than EtherDelta I continue to place my trades on EtherDelta so they appear on both Exchanges.

Thats really good to know. Thanks for this tip. I guess I will also do it this way then. I checked out forkdelta and it looks decent from what I can tell of the first sight. Its still weird that the orders one places on Etherdelta show up on forkdelta but not the other way around, as the contracts one is dealing with are the actual token contracts, so theoretically the placed orders should show up on both exchanges.
Anrxa

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:42:01 PM

Radar Relay is a next generation cryptocurrency exchange technology that leverages blockchain and the 0x protocol to trade Ethereum based tokens directly from Web3 or Hardware wallets.

sud

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:00:24 PM

The most anticipated decentralized exchange in 2018 for me is https://www.altcoin.io/ which is powered by Plasma technology (you can read more about it on their medium post). You can preview their testnet v1 on https://plasma.altcoin.io/ , hope the team deliver full version this year.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:25:24 PM

IDEX is a relatively young project, which is a decentralized platform for trading the Ethereum tokens (ERC20). Despite its youth, according to the volume of trading, IDEX takes place in the first 100, among other platforms for trading in digital assets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: