Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 200k USD to invest?  (Read 7241 times)
stacksmasher

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:40:33 AM

Agreed. 100% return easy. I decided this when I started using it @ TigerDirect.

TigerDirect dude...

bitcoin 100% guaranteed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bumpusee

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:44:52 AM

If you have 1M USD, I would not invest $200k in 1 place. That's 20% of your money in 1 place.
PM me for a diversified suggestion.

PM for what, the person said post your idea lol

bumpusee

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:48:33 AM

Jump the asic scrypt line, and be one of the first to have assess to such a machine and mineeeee, even better open a exchange like cryptsy, am sure they make alot

brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:53:43 AM

Joking aside, the best option for you would be to create a fast, honest, trustworthy altcoin trading company (exchange) and take the company public. Dont trade with USD so authorities cant touch you (you are not a money company, its just worthless coins right? well since they are not "regulated" they are not money).

I am talking etrade, tdameritrade quality site with fast transfers and tons of traffic. Spend 100k on marketing, 50k on fast servers and 50k on programmers.

Definitely don't invest in "ASICs people will move on from Scrypt to SHA-2 or SHA-3 (seen Vert?) just like they did with BTC. SHA-256 mining is pretty much worthless and abandoned except by those who are bagholders and never made their money back on their useless ASIC that dont do anything other than SHA-256 at a very very low rate.

Thanks me when you are 25 and a billionaire.

BTC: 1F4c5Yum99k7LWV8NwpvnT6n9rEXEnqEf9
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:07:44 AM

Invest the 200k in your education.
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:16:59 AM

.5 BTC reward if anyone can post an investment avenue that will net me 100% in one year.

Where should I put my money to make the highest ROI?

Here are the things I'm currently considering:
  • Contracting out a company in India/Serbia to produce scrypt ASICS.
  • Helping out Alpa-Technologies by partnering up and expediting production.
  • Start a massive scrypt farm in a warehouse.
  • Investing with Butterfly Labs.
  • Investing everything back into NXT.
  • Starting a new crypto exchange offshore, relocating offshore as well.
  • Starting a high return crypto hedge fund. (I started my business at 16 with only 800 USD and here I am at 19 with 1 Million in total assets.)

Would anyone here take advantage of a crypto hedge fund?

This is interesting. Basically, you are trying to combine brick-and-wall business with crypto, investing back and forth.

It is very risky, you could make more with crypto, but it is rather innovative. It means, more fiat in crypto.
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:19:05 AM

Jump the asic scrypt line, and be one of the first to have assess to such a machine and mineeeee, even better open a exchange like cryptsy, am sure they make alot

The problem is that developing an ASIC is probably in the millions, due to having to get production going, plus research and such. 200k wouldn't get that far.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:02:12 AM

In Serbia? I would not I'm a Serb and I have been ripped off by Serbian government they hate liberty they like regulating everything in favor of the rullers and call it a republic but it's not it's like RINO, Republican's in name only. Be carefull of anyting you do in Serbia I love the SErbian people but the governement is not for freedom they are for ruling like parasites. God save the Serbian workers and farmers.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:25:01 AM

Personally I think the infrastructure surrounding cryptos has a better long term ROI than the coins themselves.  You are banking on liquidity with the coins which is fickle at best and no really good place to unload sell them once they've reached your investment target.  That amount of money invested in cryptocoins is going to move markets when you try to sell them. 

As said earlier develop a good solid exchange.  I also think that a crypto bank could possibly have some merit too.

1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
chip99

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:29:25 AM

someone with 200k $ shouldnt make a topic like this.

Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:32:09 AM

It does make you wonder, why not keep doing whatever it was that got you the 200k to start with!

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
Findus

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:42:33 AM

Check out NXT, you will see it is one of the only truly innovating altcoin in 2013-2014. The price is still low because the community is not really advertising it yet, since some aspects are still under development, and because many people think NXT suffers from serious flaws, like pre-mining, that are just myths, debunked here http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/FAQ.

I personally put 10k in it one month ago. I'm so glad I did. I have stakes in many altcoins (LTC, PPC, XPM, NMC, CAT, DOGE, MEOW, UFO, GRC, Reddcoin, LOT, SEXcoin, MMC, DATACoin), some to a higher extent than NXT, but NXT is by far the most promising. I'm pretty confident it will at least double this year.

Here's a don't: don't invest money in shares dominated in BTC. 90% fail. I lost 100 BTC in 2013 due to investments in failed mining operations.

BTC: 1mS5TK68ViQHjWxLB8ZR8moJwhJbJokGy
Ed4252

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:45:01 AM

Here's a don't: don't invest money in shares dominated in BTC. 90% fail.

I don't know what you mean by that
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:47:46 AM

Invest it in Nxt, I can guarantee that you will make 10x your money back in 6 months.
Findus

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:47:59 AM

Here's a don't: don't invest money in shares dominated in BTC. 90% fail.

I don't know what you mean by that

Sorry, I meant stocks, which you can invest in, on e.g. havelockinvestments.com.
Like Active Mining, Labcoin, ASICminer.
And I'm saying that even though I still have a huge stake (>50 BTC) in them. I'm still waiting for them to recover to a reasonable value but frankly I have very little hope.

BTC: 1mS5TK68ViQHjWxLB8ZR8moJwhJbJokGy
krak3n

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:01:07 AM

1. I would buy out: http://coinmarketcap.com/ and start providing paid advice/tips on the site.
2. I would buy 100 bitcoins today! When the price is at $670.
3. I wouldn't bother bulk purchasing scrypt asic miners, purely by over-mining a coin you sky rocket it's difficulty and then when you then dump the coins on the market it's value dives too, this is because of the the tiny market-caps of some of the scrypt coins, there just aren't that many alt-coin traders with big wallets.
4. I would buy out a moderately successful coin (many of the coin owners would be more than happy to sell to a large investor).
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Check out NXT, you will see it is one of the only truly innovating altcoin in 2013-2014. The price is still low because the community is not really advertising it yet, since some aspects are still under development, and because many people think NXT suffers from serious flaws, like pre-mining, that are just myths, debunked here http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/FAQ.

I personally put 10k in it one month ago. I'm so glad I did. I have stakes in many altcoins (LTC, PPC, XPM, NMC, CAT, DOGE, MEOW, UFO, GRC, Reddcoin, LOT, SEXcoin, MMC, DATACoin), some to a higher extent than NXT, but NXT is by far the most promising. I'm pretty confident it will at least double this year.

Here's a don't: don't invest money in shares dominated in BTC. 90% fail. I lost 100 BTC in 2013 due to investments in failed mining operations.

+1

Buy some more Nxt.  Then give me that 0.5 btc, so I can buy some more Nxt too.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:04:17 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 08:07:55 AM by theomoplatapus

.5 BTC reward if anyone can post an investment avenue that will net me 100% in one year.

Where should I put my money to make the highest ROI?

Here are the things I'm currently considering:
  • Contracting out a company in India/Serbia to produce scrypt ASICS.
  • Helping out Alpa-Technologies by partnering up and expediting production.
  • Start a massive scrypt farm in a warehouse.
  • Investing with Butterfly Labs.
  • Investing everything back into NXT.
  • Starting a new crypto exchange offshore, relocating offshore as well.
  • Starting a high return crypto hedge fund. (I started my business at 16 with only 800 USD and here I am at 19 with 1 Million in total assets.)

Would anyone here take advantage of a crypto hedge fund?
I've been in the game only a couple months but here are my opinions:
1.  If you can make this work, this could be the most profitable route.  I've read that the richest players in the crypto game are the miner manufacturers like KnC.
2.  There are other (supposedly) higher performing companies developing scrypt miners right now.  I can't remember their names but definitely check them out before jumping in with Alpha.
3.  I think this could be a good avenue depending on how cheap you can get the hardware.  Right now GPUs are insanely overpriced but perhaps you can strike a deal with a certain manufacturer if you buy in bulk.
4.  I would not jump in bed with BFL.  Horrible reputation and I believe they're facing legal trouble because of their failure to deliver.
5.  I would not recommend putting all your eggs in one basket as far as cryptos.  If I had to though, I would go with Ethereum.  Have you heard of the digital autonomous corporations (DACs) that will be possible in Ethereum?  I believe that has the potential for massive opportunity and I would definitely prepare for opportunities that arise there.
6.  This could be a smart and profitable venture long term.  If I were in your position I may go for this one.
7.  This might be the most fun and it sounds like you may have a nack for it.  I highly recommend you start with lower amounts to learn how cryptos get their value and which qualities give their coin long term value.  Its not as straightforward as you would think.  There are poles which ask people on here what they look for when investing in a coin, but that doesn't always correlate with reality.  Congrats on your success, my goal is to be in your position someday  Grin

Edit: For some easy (but risky) gains, I would take 1 or 2 btc and invest them each in a coin whose prices is in the single digit satoshi range like corgi, karma, burbu I think, etc.  With each price fluctuation by 1 satoshi with 1 btc you can make about .2 btc.  Also, if a coin happens to take off and you managed to buy in on one of these coins at 1 satoshi, you'll see some very nice gains.

#Bitcoin
mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:18:50 AM

^^ all that for some btc. Your deserve that for sure.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:19:13 AM

5.  I would not recommend putting all your eggs in one basket as far as cryptos.  If I had to though, I would go with Ethereum.  Have you heard of the digital autonomous corporations (DACs) that will be possible in Ethereum?  I believe that has the potential for massive opportunity and I would definitely prepare for opportunities that arise there.

Have you heard of the digital autonomous corporations (DACs) that will be possible on parallel Nxt blockchains?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄