Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 200k USD to invest?  (Read 7241 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:21:17 PM

Buy $200k in scrypt-mining equipment from Tiger Direct.  Make sure you get the Square-Trade warranty coverage on *everything.*

Your goal would be to mine as much as you can, but make sure that you run your miners 24/7 as your goal will actually be to kill everything before your warranty expires.  When buying individual components, Square-Trade will reimburse you for the full purchase price of each component when they fail.  Essentially, it's an almost fool-proof way to buy free miners (minus the initial purchase price, which you will get back anyway when your rigs die).  Totally legal, completely legit, and it's worked for me every time.  The employees there know completely what I'm doing and they are always very helpful in working with me.

Edit: I'm taking this post down within 24 hours due to its awesomeness, but for 0.5 BTC ill share this tip.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Findus

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:22:04 AM

Totally legal, completely legit, and it's worked for me every time.

Many asshole activities are totally legal and completely legit, that doesn't mean you are not being an asshole when you exploit a loophole.

BTC: 1mS5TK68ViQHjWxLB8ZR8moJwhJbJokGy
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:56:01 AM

this is such a stupid thread.

In all seriousness, If i had 200K to invest in crypto currencies, i'd take a sensible approach.

IMO, DRK and NXT are quite strong and have a solid future.  I'd put $20k into each.

I'd put another $20K into LTC, I think once asic's really kick in the price will be pushed up.

Then i'd spend another $20K on scrypt asics - ie actual hardware

Final $20k on hosted scrypt asics.

As for the other $100K, keep it up your sleeve for the moment.  Very volatile industry, good to have money should you need it to invest down the track a bit.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
XBITCOIN

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:08:07 AM

Ive Been Looking for a real investor to invest in Pop Currency Foundation, we Currently have Popular Coin POP already flowing Bryce Weiner Just took us on as Lead dev, we are working to bring the world of cryptocurrency to the world of Popular Culture With POP  http://popularcoin.org

Also we have two New Coins Launching Mid-June Under Pop Currency foundation
http://www.pegasuscoin.co Pegasus Coin we are looking to work with the world of Fin Arts
and
http://www.xcalibitcoin.com  XCalibit Coin, we are hoping to fund Artists With great Potential That don't have the right funding,

Kind of like Pop Currency Foundation.

Pop Currency Foundation is also hoping to create a structure to support new and exciting ideas for coins that fit into different nitches and give them help to bring good ideas into fruition. I get at least 5 new coin ideas a month thrown at me from people that have great Ideas, right now I just can't do much more than what i am working on but if we had the right funding we could do the whole nine yards. It may take us a year on our own, but we will get there.

There is so much we can do with Popular Coin (a true currency intended to be traded for goods and services) and Pop Currency foundation.

If you are serious about making an investment please dm me and we can talk about how we will get you more than 100% return with all of this.

-CJ

theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:39:03 AM

Buy gold.   Grin

btc: 16zKAf3qopyJoYMs6wkx1z6iRiKgEHBPaL

researchsupportcoin

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:55:07 AM

Or support some research: Research Support Coin (RSC) Smiley

Join Research Support Coin at www.researchsupportcoin.org
GraniteCoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:14:24 AM

Term deposit.

twitter.com/GraniteCoin
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:28:00 AM

guldencoin!
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:39:24 AM

100% yield is only possible for new industry or if you come up with a new innovative product.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

You're better off getting behind your own coins, cornering and manipulating the market upwards with your BTC backing it and cashing out 50-500% returns on the pumps. That's how it works.

jabo38
Legendary

Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:54:20 AM

$25,000 NXT
$50,000 Ethereum
It really seems like one of these will be a huge winner, maybe 1000%.  Kiss the investment in the other goodbye, but it won't matter because the winner will see huge profits (this is more than a year out though)

$125,000 to Warren Buffet.  Yes, that is blasphemy on this forum, but the guy has a proven track record of making big profits year after year.  Not 100% in a year, but enough to cover a lot of your losses with Ethereum/NXT if for some reason both don't make it. 

I think this breakdown is very reasonable.  It is similar to how I am investing and will invest when Ethereum comes out. 

peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:16:14 AM

Not aware that Ethereum is taking money from investor.

What is the catch? That is, how do you profit from Ethereum investment?

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:21:23 AM

All around Ethereum is surrounded with a giant question mark, but one thing.  They want to be the underpinning technology that allows other people to completely rewrite everything, to basically take over the world of financial everything. 

They aren't taking any money, but at some point they will sell "ether".  Their ether is kind of a huge gamble.  It'll either be worth a lot or people will throw their money away.  Right now so much hype is surrounded around them that people are lining up to throw money at them.  That means to me that there will probably be a huge crash after the free market takes effect.  But again, this is a totally new deal and for a newbie like me, it is just too hard to know, so yeah, when ether comes out I am going to line up and give them my money like all the other sheep. 

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:26:56 PM

$25,000 NXT
$50,000 Ethereum
It really seems like one of these will be a huge winner, maybe 1000%.  Kiss the investment in the other goodbye, but it won't matter because the winner will see huge profits (this is more than a year out though)

$125,000 to Warren Buffet.  Yes, that is blasphemy on this forum, but the guy has a proven track record of making big profits year after year.  Not 100% in a year, but enough to cover a lot of your losses with Ethereum/NXT if for some reason both don't make it. 

I think this breakdown is very reasonable.  It is similar to how I am investing and will invest when Ethereum comes out. 

+1, the most sense I've seen here in a while.
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:38:50 PM

.5 BTC reward if anyone can post an investment avenue that will net me 100% in one year.

Where should I put my money to make the highest ROI?

Here are the things I'm currently considering:
  • Contracting out a company in India/Serbia to produce scrypt ASICS.
  • Helping out Alpa-Technologies by partnering up and expediting production.
  • Start a massive scrypt farm in a warehouse.
  • Investing with Butterfly Labs.
  • Investing everything back into NXT.
  • Starting a new crypto exchange offshore, relocating offshore as well.
  • Starting a high return crypto hedge fund. (I started my business at 16 with only 800 USD and here I am at 19 with 1 Million in total assets.)

Would anyone here take advantage of a crypto hedge fund?

buy bitcoin, wait a couple of months voila 100% return. no need for the tip I just like being helpfull.

nope
Cryptocurrency_forum

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:49:37 PM

make a scamcoin.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:56:52 AM

I would avoid throwing money at NXT.  It still hasn't recovered to the capitalization it had back in January / February, largely due to the public being aware of the scam-like distribution.   Anything NxT has isn't proprietary (patented) either so it's generally a bad investment as other coins will take on their best ideas.  The only thing investible in cryptos is community, it's the reason why a $hitclone like Doge is worth more than NxT, Counterpart and Mastercoin.

Not sure if it would merit a full $200K investment but, if I were you, I would try to buy two shares of NEM at the upcoming auction and then at launch purchase more of it.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:50:44 AM

I would avoid throwing money at NXT.  It still hasn't recovered to the capitalization it had back in January / February, largely due to the public being aware of the scam-like distribution.   Anything NxT has isn't proprietary (patented) either so it's generally a bad investment as other coins will take on their best ideas.  The only thing investible in cryptos is community, it's the reason why a $hitclone like Doge is worth more than NxT, Counterpart and Mastercoin.

Not sure if it would merit a full $200K investment but, if I were you, I would try to buy two shares of NEM at the upcoming auction and then at launch purchase more of it.

I am sure that anybody with a NEM share will see way more than a 100% return,  To be honest, I would be surprised if it was under a 10,000% return in a year but we are only talking about a fraction of a bitcoin, not $200,000.  These means a person can invest 0.1 bitcoins and in a year it will be worth 10 bitcoins.  I am pretty sure this is more than realistic, but again, it is more of a micro-investment.  (Full disclosure, I have a share of NEM, but I have it because I believe what I am saying)

albertinni

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:42:28 AM

invest in Silkcoin, the best crypto of 2014.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:58:03 PM

Totally legal, completely legit, and it's worked for me every time.

Many asshole activities are totally legal and completely legit, that doesn't mean you are not being an asshole when you exploit a loophole.

Explain to me how I'm exploiting anything when I clearly mentioned that they know I'm a miner.  It's nothing I have to hide because I'm abiding by policy.  Hell, I even downclock my cards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: