Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Community Status Update - Exchanges, iOS and another release?!  (Read 6091 times)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Community Status Update #1
Official Website: http://kittehcoin.info
Official Twitter: @KittehCoinTeam
KittehCoin Forums | KittehCoin Reddit
Best way to reach lead dev: dan@kittehcoin.info or PM
Open Source GitHub: https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin

It has been a wild week at KitthCoinHQ, location: internet. We "relaunched" 2/3 as promised (well, 30min late but hey) and the reception has been fantastic. At time of launch we were on a single exchange and had reached out to many exchanges but hadn't gotten any response. Now we're just getting added to exchanges organically! The community is growing by leaps and bounds everyday and the team has some awesome new work to share with the larger community.

If you've followed KittehCoin you know there was no premine, and this team kind of "inherited" it from the creator. Please keep that in mind when you contact us asking for free coins, this isn't that kind of coin.

If you are a pool operator and have not upgraded to the 0.6.4.1 client you MUST UPGRADE. If you do not the blocks from your pool will be orphaned, and your miners will be working in vain. We now have >51% network saturation. The hard fork block (131913) should be reached in 4-7days depending on the rate of block generation. We will be the first to admit we underestimated the time to reach the fork-block, and will be tightening up those calculations for the next hard-fork (foreshadowing!).

First things first- where can you buy MEOW these days?

We have also explored CryptoRush.in, but they are asking for 0.25BTC to be listed. We feel exchanges (who profit from listing coins in most cases) should list a coin because it has a critical mass, a strong community, or the exchange operators value the coin and see potential in it. The ability to buy your way onto an exchange has us avoiding this exchange for now. We have been listed on several directories including CoinWarz, and several others.

There have also been a number of new games popping up which support MEOW such a meow.coinwheel.me and others, we will be listing these on our site later today.

We have been working on an online wallet service for KittehCoin wallets. This type of thing requires extra security auditing to make sure everyone's MEOW is safe so the timeline for releasing that service is a bit further out. BUT- we already have an iOS wallet app ready that uses that service as its backbone. As you know Apple has been kinda of waffling on the approval of cryptocoin apps, so we're waiting for approval right now, but here are some teasers:

We hope to have this rolled out soon! These images do NOT convey final design, but its close Wink

Another item we have been working on is a way to help support our miners. We know the KittehCoin difficulty is a roller coaster the way we have been getting attacked by multipools combined with DDoS attacks on our pools. To help mitigate this we have taken immediate action and have implemented the Kimoto Gravity Well difficulty algorithm (KGW) into the next release of KittehCoin. We are using the adaptive N-Factor implementation that VertCoin uses (hattip to them!) but we're feeding our 60s blocktime into that algo rather then the VertCoin block time.

Now fixing the difficulty issues are awesome but we are working on a lot more than that, we're working on three things in parallel in terms of the coin itself, all of which require waiting for the hard-fork block to be reached before we can release, and this will require another hard-fork (this 2nd hard fork will occur much more quickly than the first one, we learned!).

• Upgrade KittehCoin codebase to 0.8.6.2 - completed, in final testing, waiting for hardfork
  • Implement KGW diff. algo in KittehCoin - completed, in final testing, waiting for hardfork
  • HUGE new features in 0.8.6.2 - final phases of testing

You read that right, we're going after 3 major updates in parallel. Why? Well because 2 of the 3 would require hard-forks, and so we feel it best to incorporate all of them into one release, one fork, and then KittehCoin will be solid for the foreseeable future. As you can see by our quick response with the implementation of KGW- we listen to our community, and if the need for additional changes arise after the 0.8.6.2 release, we will respond accordingly. The alpha for this release is already on github.

So you're probably wondering what #3 is in the feature list... its something new, novel, beneficial to miners and users, and has never been done by any other altcoin. For this reason we a) need to make sure we test it thoroughly prior to release; b) make sure we market it right, since it really is a big deal for cypto/altcoins in general; c) we had to get a private github repo so people didn't steal our work before release. We will make this public when its ready for release.

Things we could use the communities help with:
  • Putting together a proper marketing/PR team to dress and announce these new features and releases in the best way possible. We'll admit- we're coders. We aren't the best at marketing, but we have a killer community and are dedicated to making this coin better and better. If you have marketing experience please reach out to us if you haven't already, you can make a difference for this coin! Also, it takes a lot of time to write up these updates, time I could be using to code, while a marketer does a better job in general crafting these updates Wink
  • Locating a payment processor. We have requests in with a number of 3rd party processors but if you run a payment processor or can give us an inside track we and our community would be greatly appreciate that. This also ties into being able to leverage MEOW for donations and fundraisers in a more effective way as well as enabling the standard purchase of goods and services.

The timeline on the 0.8.6.2 release is TBD- we first need to get past block 131913. After that its just a matter of making sure it is solid in testing before rolling it out to the full community.

KittehCoin is here to stay! We listen to our community and try to help other altcoins too. We feel like "altcoins" in general are one big community and we are happy to help any altcoin that isn't a sleazecoin. We're actively working with the awesome devs from GOATcoin and AmK to help with some mac wallets for them. KittehCoin comes first- but as we have the ability to help and knowledge share, we're all about that.

Want to thank everyone in the community for their massive support. Our team works very hard to make sure the users can connect to peers, miners don't have problems, wallets are working, etc etc. We know there is a minor issue with the zip file on our paperwallet, I will be fixing that today. Please keep up the support and join us on our forums or on reddit!! More news to comes soon, hopefully Apple gets its act together!

TL;DR:
  • We're on a bunch of new exchanges, organically! Go buy your MEOW!
  • We have an online wallet service on the way and an iOS wallet app powered by it waiting for Apple approval
  • We have a huge client release in alpha testing that has 3 major upgrades wrapped into one- 0.8.6.2 codebase, KGW diff impl, and another big new feature that we'll announce more on in a future status update.
  • We're looking for marketing team members, give us a shout!
  • We're working on a payment processor(s) - know someone? pls contact us

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skorms

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:44:07 PM

I predict kittehcoin will be 100 satoshi by Friday next week Grin
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:44:39 PM

This is great. Its hard to not believe in this coin with the dedicated dev team it has.
Shahrukh

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Thanks for adding www.pmtocoins.com on your thread. We are giving away some free coins on our website

I turned everyone down Sad Sorry for that
Ashbite

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:21:45 PM

good job dev team, you are doing very good work here!  Cheesy
im supporting every way i can
ilostmyface

Activity: 167

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:35:35 PM

Amazing!
JMATTH33

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:36:26 PM

Fantastic news and update team MEOW! Thanks for your extremely hard work. I just sent some MEOWS to the official meow-donation-address!!

http://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/%28official%29-meow-donation-address-help-support-kittehcoin-growth!/
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

Fantastic news and update team MEOW! Thanks for your extremely hard work. I just sent some MEOWS to the official meow-donation-address!!

http://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/%28official%29-meow-donation-address-help-support-kittehcoin-growth!/

Thank you for that! This is a legit no-premine coin so anything we award in contests/bounties/promotions comes out of donations or our own pockets. Had to pay out 1.5M out of my own pocket for a bounty earlier today, my hard earned MEOW goes to building this community into something bigger and better!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Inity

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

Very exciting news, can't wait  Smiley Got to love a Dev team that delivers. You should all be nominated for some altcoin award  Grin
100000 sent to Donation address
Keep up the good work

Wise84

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 12:05:29 AM

Fantastic news.. Keep it coming! Love this coin! Smiley

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:08:04 AM

omg i will sell all my alt coins and will go ALL IN in kitten grabbing all meow i can its real cheap in cryptsy 40 to 50 sat.

demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:25:37 AM

Kitteh is still surprisingly cheap considering dev team, community, total coins etc. Absolute no brainer to be heavily invested in this coin.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:26:00 AM

omg i will sell all my alt coins and will go ALL IN in kitten grabbing all meow i can its real cheap in cryptsy 40 to 50 sat.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of this.
JMATTH33

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:53:03 AM

Kitteh is still surprisingly cheap considering dev team, community, total coins etc. Absolute no brainer to be heavily invested in this coin.

Agree. This was my first Alt to heavily invest a large part of my Bitcoins into. After studying the volume traded/interest and seeing the size of the market cap (plenty of room to move to the upside) plus awesome community and devs, it was as you say..a no brainer :p
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

Agree. This was my first Alt to heavily invest a large part of my Bitcoins into. After studying the volume traded/interest and seeing the size of the market cap (plenty of room to move to the upside) plus awesome community and devs, it was as you say..a no brainer :p

same here. until MEOW i only have had BTC, LTC, FTC, XPM. this community and dev support is amazing! just hoping we hit block 131XXX relatively soon. not making many MEOW's mining right now Sad
247mining

Activity: 161
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:03:34 AM

Great great great news!  Well done guy's!
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:36:41 AM

You guys definitely need to do some good marketing. From what I understand you guys have not done any marketing at all and yet this coin is still getting good recognition. I try to spread some awareness here and there when I can and when it's relevant,  but yall should form an official team for it too.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:48:43 AM

Best Devs Ever!

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:15:09 AM

You guys definitely need to do some good marketing. From what I understand you guys have not done any marketing at all and yet this coin is still getting good recognition. I try to spread some awareness here and there when I can and when it's relevant,  but yall should form an official team for it too.

Thanks yeah we definitely recognize the need for this, we're going to organize a team dedicated to this ahead of the next release. If we can get this much recognition organically I'm sure i proper marketing/social media team could blow it up. Thus far its just been me on twitter, and these status update posts and a sprinkling of posts from the team but that'll change Wink

Having a marketing team in place will also free me up to do more forward moving progress work- organizing/formatting/writing announcements takes a surprisingly long amount of time! Thanks again for all the support  Grin

dadikul

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:17:31 AM

I predict kittehcoin will be 100 satoshi by Friday next week Grin

hehe will be nice Smiley why next friday?  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: