Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: closed my bank account at Extraco Bank due to btc hypocrisity  (Read 2068 times)
subseaguru (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

So I closed my account at my bank due to their constant questioning of my uses of coinbase and because of cash deposits in locations other than my local branch. If I sold on localbitcoins and had the buyer make a deposit into my account, the bank actually called me 2 times and asked about the deposit. after I bought and sold on coinbase the bank really started pissing me off. they called me about the transaction and shut my bank card off.

the bank said coinbase was known to be fraudulent and they have negative reports about their business practices. I asked to see the reports but was told they are not available for public viewing. they also said that if i was scammed by coinbase or someone in dealing with Bitcoin then the fraud department would not be able to help.
after a few sells on coinbase, my account was flagged for "suspicious activity" and once again locked. i went in yesterday and asked what the problem is and the branch manager said that Extraco Banks does not condone or support the Bitcoin community or its use. and all transactions will be flagged and immediately investigated. i asked does investigated mean "account closing" and he said that is a possibility. they only do this to protect the other bank users. i just said that if you cant grow up and accept alternate currency then you must really hate the Europeans with the Euro and British Pound.  the manager said that he was sure Extraco Banks wouldn't fit my banking needs and asked me if i would like to close my accounts. i said yes.
long story short. these banks just hate that we make transactions and purchases without them. they seem to have the mentality that we can succeed without their shitty bank and it crap service. not to mention over priced services.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: