Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 02:51:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI Is Now Investigating 130 Cryptocurrency Related Cases  (Read 164 times)
rosyantony (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:31:32 PM

https://coinpedia.org/news/fbi-investigating-crypto-cases/

The news broke out at the Crypto Evolved conference in New York by Kyle Armstrong, the FBI Supervisory Special Agent, that FBI is currently investigating on 130 cryptocurrency related cases. According to the report released on Wednesday, the cases are related to crimes such as drug transactions, human trafficking, hacking in which cryptocurrency is a main component.

Kyle Armstrong, in charge of the FBI’s virtual currency initiative stated that;
“The cases ‘threat tagged’ to virtual currencies encompass crimes such as human trafficking, illicit drug sales, and kidnapping and ransom ware attacks”.
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:03:09 PM

I think its a good news. Cryptocurrency is a healthy place to invest and sell cryptocoins. Any kind of crime,hacking and dishonesty will make this market polluted. I hope they will bring justice as soon as possible.
LunaticMovement

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:40:18 PM

This is really shocking news. But this will also help to find out the scam coins. Now the investors will be able to detect the coins that are scam. I think bitcoin will not be listed on these cases. So the value of the bitcoin will also be increased due to this. This will also help the market of crypto currency to be free from scam coins.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:45:50 PM

I don't believe in government involvement in the cryptocurrency space, the reason is that government would want to apply unnecessary control over individuals. I am not saying that crime is good but excessive investigations might be very abusive and could set panic on the crypto ecosystem.

LouisFreeman

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:45:12 PM

I think that's a good news. But I doubt if it's true. Cryptocurrency runs on a decentralized system and I don't know if it is possible to gather personal data from this system.
m_f_o_c

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:01:01 AM

Cryptocurrency has long been not the main means for buying drugs. Everyone says that bitcoin is used in most cases for illegal activities, but believe it not.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

The news broke out at the Crypto Evolved conference in New York by Kyle Armstrong, the FBI Supervisory Special Agent, that FBI is currently investigating on 130 cryptocurrency related cases. According to the report released on Wednesday, the cases are related to crimes such as drug transactions, human trafficking, hacking in which cryptocurrency is a main component.

“The cases ‘threat tagged’ to virtual currencies encompass crimes such as human trafficking, illicit drug sales, and kidnapping and ransom ware attacks”.
But how cryptocurrencies are incorporated to it? American dollar is the most used currency for these things and still American dollar is used Wink.

Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:09:17 AM

It's true that crypto money markets have a lot of problems right now.
There may be money laundering or fraud.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:17:05 AM

Rejoice)) Previously, all this was done for American dollars, now it's time to crypt, such news has long gone and they did not prevent the bitcoin from rising to the top, soon they will have to just compare that the cryptocurrency will be more and more!
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:19:40 AM

The FBI always get their man. These criminals think they can take advantage of the virtually untraceable cryptocurrency transactions. Law enforcement agencies should update their anti-cybercriminal units to keep these white collar criminals in check.

vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:20:39 AM

It is very good that the FBI is investigating such cases, because now there is a lot of fraudsters in the crypto industry. You need to fight people who use cryptocurrenies for criminal purposes!
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:29:46 AM

This is really bad news, now the whole market will be adversely affected and everyone will sell the coins again. Bitcoin will fall again
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:40:25 AM

But how cryptocurrencies are incorporated to it? American dollar is the most used currency for these things and still American dollar is used Wink.
You will be so disrespectful to talk about Kyle Armstrong, FBR will watch over you. Sooner or later they will have the opportunity to associate their business with you, drug transactions, human trafficking, hacking))))

passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 09:27:05 AM

I think its a good news. Cryptocurrency is a healthy place to invest and sell cryptocoins. Any kind of crime,hacking and dishonesty will make this market polluted. I hope they will bring justice as soon as possible.

How can you say that is a good news? The FBI are going to investigate the 130 crypto currency, for sure it may cause a bad news and there's possibility that some people will say crypto is bad.
trc22@gmail.com

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:37:33 AM

That's very bad news, I hope it's not real. They're doing their best to kill the crypto. The market is already very bad and can be much worse with such news
cryptohipo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:14:32 PM

Great initiative. I hope this will also consider different issues regarding cryptocurrency.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:31:28 AM

As a matter of fact, I think it worths it. Those bad peppe wanna pollute the crypto ground and if care is not taken, they would spoil the industry. Let the justice be made

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:36:28 AM

At least the FBI is not neglecting crypto related crimes. There are lots of people taking advantage of other people's money in crypto space. That is why the government is really vigilant in regulating cryptos due to these criminal acts like selling illegal drugs, money laundering and funding terrorists. Hope that these cyber criminals will be placed behind bars for their crimes.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:09:38 AM

It's a good thing to know that fbi eyes crypto, this give us some assurance in our investments because many people with bad identities lurk in our market.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:14:30 AM

This is very important as it affects many of the investors especially those investors that did not know how decentralized cryptocurrencies are and make investments into the hands of scammers.  We also need the organization like FBI to investigate all these scamming activities in other to be able to make a head way in cryptocurrencies.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: