Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:01:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.GOX is FINE, BTC HAS NOT 'CRASHED'  (Read 5251 times)
mzp

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:03:58 AM

there seems to be an unbreakable forcefield at 630. Price has bashed up against and ricocheted off that wall multiple times for hours. weird.
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:48:58 AM

We'll be testing 600 by the morning I presume.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:14:27 AM

I'm not sure if you've read this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x9gue/my_protest_at_mtgox_offices_5_to_7th_february/

but this was another Aussie, one who'd had enough of Gox messing them around.

If you read the comments below the piece you'll find an interesting comment from someone who went for a job interview there.  And since...

I am a web designer and database engineer -

you'll be interested to learn from those comments that Gox don't have a testing environment...they work live.

How does that fit with your view of them being uber-professional?

Disclosure: I have used Gox since last June and had numerous problems with them and at this point still have coins stuck on there - so, spreading 'FUD' is not in my interests.

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:21:59 AM

tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:49:13 AM

No matter what, mt gox isn't capable of performing withdrawals, which means PANIC.
true story
segeln

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:55:13 AM

Cash Flows
One key insight Mark provided was the cash inflows vs outflows. He estimated $5-20 million cash going in every day, and $0.3-1 million going out[Iquote]
http://thegenesisblock.com/an-analysis-of-the-interview-with-mark-karpeles-ceo-of-mt-gox/

what are they doing with the net amount of 4-19 million $ per day !!!!!! ?? Should be easy to process withdrawals
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:57:33 AM

I find it hard to believe that the Gox BTC withdrawals stoppage is simply a technical issue. I wouldn't be surprised if they need the price to drop enough to buy back the customer's BTC they had lost. I hope for the sake of all the unfortunates with BTC stuck in Gox, that the price has dropped sufficiently for Karples to buy it back
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

the countdown has begun

http://localtimes.info/asia/Japan/Tokyo/widget/

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:14:16 PM

That timer is counting up, not down.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:16:21 PM

No more my money, no more my bitcoin, all is gone  Cry

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
segeln

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

surprise,surprise
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

surprise,surprise

backward logic is perfect for the Gox exchange.
thelema93 (OP)

Activity: 339

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:08:21 AM

As I predicted 2 days ago - the BTC price is normalizing around $700. It will do that until October when it will rise to $5000 +
The thing with Gox...

It seems that on the 7th Gox adjusted it's BTC rate to be more in synch with every other exchange. It's interesting that they stopped the BTC withdrawals at the same time, as far as I can see that would be because of either one of these 2 possibilities (depending on which happened first):

1) They planned the price drop first and so they knew that would cause lots of people to buy more BTC, and then they would me more likely to withdraw it and sell it somewhere else - especially some of the people who have had fiat withrawal issues.

OR

2) They stopped the BTC withdrawals to fix the bugs they'd been having. This then cause a big price drop because lots of people freaked out and started selling all their BTC.

Either way, it doesn't spell the end of Gox. I am very confident that within 1 week everything will be back to normal

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:16:39 AM

As I predicted 2 days ago - the BTC price is normalizing around $700. It will do that until October when it will rise to $5000 +
The thing with Gox...

LOL.

I am bookmarking this! I will start a thread with this as a quote in a couple of weeks time and we shall see where we are.

Grin

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:22:50 AM

Gox is NOT fine, and BTC has not crashed.
At least this time we have other places to trade.  Smiley

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:46:41 AM

Another fairly new member screaming nothing is wrong with Gox. It should mandatory to show a users buy in price to show reasoning behind their thoughts, which in this case are entirely wrong.

I remember screaming "everything is ok" when I bought in high and the price tanked shortly after. Then I learned that I knew nothing, and to use price swings to my advantage. So go educate yourself before you claim everything is fine.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:17:30 AM

Who are you to decide when it's a crash or not?!
We all secretly know we're doomed!

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
thelema93 (OP)

Activity: 339

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:18:54 AM

Another fairly new member screaming nothing is wrong with Gox. It should mandatory to show a users buy in price to show reasoning behind their thoughts, which in this case are entirely wrong.

I remember screaming "everything is ok" when I bought in high and the price tanked shortly after. Then I learned that I knew nothing, and to use price swings to my advantage. So go educate yourself before you claim everything is fine.

"I bought in high and the price tanked shortly after"

hmmm..... an element of rage here?

I bought in at $40 if you must know!

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:59:43 AM

"I bought in high and the price tanked shortly after"

hmmm..... an element of rage here?

I bought in at $40 if you must know!

Rage? Lol..No.... I had bought my biggest stash and then we had the hard fork crash and I panicked, so no rage here. That was almost a year ago.
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

It is amazing to me that anyone has been using Gox, in the last 9 months. When i hear these complaints and anger I am truly shocked at the victim mentality. Take some responsibility for your choices.

It was clear during last April that those guys were technical jokers (possibly well intentioned). It did not take much knowledge or research to figure that out. Definitely not up to real world challenges of running the largest exchange in the world. Anyone who ignored those signs and stayed deserves any losses and frustration they experience. I cleared out completely as soon as things stabilized last summer and have not looked back. There are plenty of options today and for the last 6 months.

If you still have money in Gox, you blatantly ignored dozens of warning signs to make that decision. Be honest with yourself. It will help your future investment decisions. Or just stay in denial and keep blaming everyone else for your situation. Your choice.

Respectfully. Grow up.

Gox's current collapse has been a long time coming, and was inevitable given the maturing of the broader ecosystem. It will not have any significant impact on bitcoin price (except as a temporary excuse for market movers to extract more cash from easy to scare newbies)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: