Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:29:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are their Roles?  (Read 115 times)
badiako88 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

I was recently in a Telegram group where the project is having there ICO and these questions caught my attention. The word seemed very new to me.

*What is SEC?
*What is the role this has in the project conducting an ICO?
and Another one is
*How the project passed the Howdy Test?

Please explain how those two affect and what kind of impact they would bring in an incoming ICO's?
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:48:47 AM

SEC = U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission

Howdy Test? Did you mean The Howey Test? IT's a test for blockchain tokens and crypto projects.
bct9t

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:30:44 PM

SEC means Security Exchange Commission which is basically a U.S goverment agengy.Their main purpose is to prevent fruad and intentional deception by taken care of security transactions and mutual fund trading.
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:44:03 PM

SEC is a regulation authority. Actually in the USA, SEC regulates the exchange market that means the investment market. It provides the regulation and monitors the market so without the permission of this no one can be listed. Howdy test is needed for the tokens of the blockchain as well as the projects related to crypto.
MicaleFalcon

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:11:45 PM

This is a regulatory body, i.e. a regulatory authority which helps to keep law and order in the exchange market where investments take place. If any sort of authorization is not acquired then an exchange cannot take place, in simple terms, nothing will be done without their permission, even a coin will not gt enlisted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: