Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you place stop loss and take profit at the same time?  (Read 439 times)
Akagum
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

SIGMA by HYDRA X

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:50:47 PM

Its not possible to take profit when stop loss function is activated because it's assumed that you are already making loss from the trade that's why you used stop loss in the first place.
It's a case of wanting to eat your cake and have it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:52:13 AM

Looks hard and has lost the possibility of only being able to wait and be patient. Opportunities in trading come at any time and it does have to monitor to get it, but if the opportunity is there then just take it and it's full of risks.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Perunex

Activity: 546
Merit: 111

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:25:46 AM

Its not possible to take profit when stop loss function is activated because it's assumed that you are already making loss from the trade that's why you used stop loss in the first place.
It's a case of wanting to eat your cake and have it.

No it is not. You can put stop-loss (or take profit) even before you have anything (limit order). It's just about conditioning:

condition 1: enter position if price reaches X
condition 2: if position entered, exit position if price reaches Y (Y<X) OR if position entered, exit position if price reaches Z (Z>X).

It's actually quite simple and I don't understand why exchanges don't have that option. Because mostly they don't.

╔═══[   ICO   ]═════| ▌    FABA invest    ▐ |═════[   AIRDROP   ]═══╗
⚫    POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING    ⚫
Whitepaper     Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium     Reddit     ANN Thread
Davidovic

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:42:03 PM

Guys, come on! Sure you can do it. But for this, you should use trading terminal. They have a lot of useful  tools for trading. Also you can use sl, tp at the same time. Check Fumgo platform for trading in google. Find a lot of interesting things in their guide. Good profit!
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:59:01 PM

If that can't, it's better to trade with two different accounts where the first account is to make a stop loss and the second account to take profit. And in my opinion this method is the same, though a little ineffective
Perunex

Activity: 546
Merit: 111

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 01:43:32 PM

If that can't, it's better to trade with two different accounts where the first account is to make a stop loss and the second account to take profit. And in my opinion this method is the same, though a little ineffective

Very ineffective. And you need to be double exposed... Actually it does not work really.

The other thing is that a proper professional trader atm has quite a problem as they need to register multiple accounts on multiple exchanges etc. In traditional market they just need one broker, one account and that's it. Crypto is still quite ineffective but has huge potential.

╔═══[   ICO   ]═════| ▌    FABA invest    ▐ |═════[   AIRDROP   ]═══╗
⚫    POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING    ⚫
Whitepaper     Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium     Reddit     ANN Thread
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:39:12 PM

No it is not. You can put stop-loss (or take profit) even before you have anything (limit order). It's just about conditioning:

condition 1: enter position if price reaches X
condition 2: if position entered, exit position if price reaches Y (Y<X) OR if position entered, exit position if price reaches Z (Z>X).

It's actually quite simple and I don't understand why exchanges don't have that option. Because mostly they don't.

I believe that it's simply because their costumers are not asking for it in a big enough number that the management board actually see it as a priority and implements it. It would need to stop their operations for some time and increase their expenses when implementing and then debugging if it fails since it's a new implementation. In the case of Exchanges that are already functioning of course.

Some want to offer the best service they can and constantly seek for improvements to implement but sadly not everybody thinks like that, it would be interesting. The simple fact of having conversations about it in the forum could create more awareness about it between decision-makers in Exchanges.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:50:58 PM

In Poloniex, It's been a while since I placed a trade in this exchange, but from what I can remember, you can't place a stop loss and a take profit order at the same time, you have to choose either one. Am I wrong about this?

If I'm not wrong, could someone explain to me how I can do it? And if I'm right about this, are there any other exchanges that do allow you to place a stop and TP at the same time? Or are there any trading bots that work with poloniex that can do this?

Thanks.
2018 is a difficult year for all traders and holders. But unfortunately for the investors who sold all that they hold to close the loss and now they are crying loudly for that mistake. 2019 has shown us that losers will always lose because they don't believe in it.

Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:22:28 PM

literally you cannot use take profit and stop loss action at the same time
but practically stop loss does not mean your closing a trade with automatic lost , sometimes the altcoin you chose pumped but then you doesnt want to set a sell order yet  but then you are anxious that it might dump you can set your SL in a price where you still have a gain.
sorry but this is how i understand the scenario. Sounds greedy yah  Grin

2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:52:37 PM

In Poloniex, It's been a while since I placed a trade in this exchange, but from what I can remember, you can't place a stop loss and a take profit order at the same time, you have to choose either one. Am I wrong about this?

No, it is true that you can only place a single limit of either stop loss or take profit on an open order. That's also the case with Bittrex and Binance. You need to choose that if you are sure about your trade, then putting take profit targets is actually good but if not, then stop loss is better. Although, you always need to keep an eye to look for your targets/stops before they get hit.

If I'm not wrong, could someone explain to me how I can do it? And if I'm right about this, are there any other exchanges that do allow you to place a stop and TP at the same time? Or are there any trading bots that work with poloniex that can do this?

Thanks.

Some exchanges allow you to use API keys to allow bots put trailing stops when a trade is open and it saves you time and efforts you really can't put being a human.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:46:49 PM

When we use stop loss it doesn't mean you are really at loss. Lets say I place a stop loss because I am already at profit and I want to make sure that my profits are protected even when I am not online and also to protect my profits on sudden price drop. Just make sure that your stop los order is not really that close to your Buy price because sometimes it sudden price drops triggers the sell order then price recovers right away.
Halmater

Activity: 896
Merit: 630

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:15:13 PM

It is very for an ordinary person to spent 24/7 on computer and wait right price to stop the loss or take the profit. Majority of people may not like this kind of tools but there are considearble amount of people who would use it. Thus, it would be grate to have both tool at the same time even though this service is not offered recently.
antisocial77

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 12:22:03 PM

i think 5-6 months ago binance posted a tweet that they were going to add 2 options at the same time stop loss and take profit.but i never heard anything about it after that.does anyone know anything?

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: