Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Direct and the Bitcoin Effect  (Read 926 times)
jballs (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:02:28 AM

I bought a pc from Tiger Direct this morning and used Bitcoin to pay.

I only bought from them because they would take bitcoin and that was much easier for me to move around at the moment.

I did not buy a Mac. Hahah.

Two things, as I become a bitcoin consumer (and early vertcoin adopter) I realize I will probably never leave all my savings in coins. I don't trust me enough for that and it is too easy at least in theory to flub something with security or organization. Until that is nailed down I will still be on the fiat.

Second thing it just feels like using Paypal without all of the crap. It's vastly superior. And it isn't going to replace money. The hype and governmental fear around using it is just totally absurd. If you want to be a cryptoanarchist and go full digital, rock on. You will be like .1% of the population.

As for the rest I think Tiger and Overstock and day to day nongeek use will gain a lot of ground very quickly from here. Critical mass has definitely been achieved as far as I am concerned. Bitcoin is staying put (at what price.. wish I knew).

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johliks

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:03:40 AM

I've spent 3K at tiger in the past two weeks using BTC. I've spent ZERO in fiat over the last decade at tiger. Basically it came down to convenience, I had my cart, hit checkout, was give an address, sent the funds, and got the receipt in my email. It took ONE CLICK from "checkout" to being completely done with tiger's website. Anybody who accepts crypto is getting my business BEFORE their fiat-only competitor from now on.

p.s. If you are "all in" crypto and the USD crashes you're f'd.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:12:06 AM

I've spent 3K at tiger in the past two weeks using BTC. I've spent ZERO in fiat over the last decade at tiger. Basically it came down to convenience, I had my cart, hit checkout, was give an address, sent the funds, and got the receipt in my email. It took ONE CLICK from "checkout" to being completely done with tiger's website. Anybody who accepts crypto is getting my business BEFORE their fiat-only competitor from now on.

Why? If the USD really crashes, crypto will appear to go sky high.
Never go "all in", but the time for 99% is near.   Cheesy

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:09:11 PM

I spent nearly $10,000 in BTC at Tigerdirect 2 weeks ago and just like you, I've never spent a dime there in the past.  Newegg was always my first stop and then Amazon.  And until Newegg and Amazon get on the BTC bus, Tigerdirect is now my electronics store of choice.

I had a peek at Overstock.com too.  But what a bunch of crap, lol!  I'm not likely to buy anything from them although I would support them if I had absolutely no taste.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: