Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line not conduct ICO?  (Read 709997 times)
localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:13:19 AM

telegram and twitter are widely used for ico promotions and these social media we can see the followers for ico coins and altcoins and cryptocurrencies there is large conversion for ico advertising companies
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:35:19 AM

What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?
But Kik and Telegram did it.
After all, companies can get 2 huge pluses:
1) to collect a large amount of money for ICO
2) add hype to marketing and popularity among users.

share your opinion
Do you know the first question I asked myself when I saw this topic? I was like “what kind of human being will be asking this funny question?”🤔 dude, like seriously how can you be asking us such a question? Who told you that these companies are not popular? WhatsApp has more than one billion downloads on just Android play store and is one of the most downloaded apps.

There are also users that makes use of their computers in using it. How can you say they are not popular while it’s being owned by Facebook?.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

I don't think they need it. They are most likely waiting for the creation of a blockchain platform that they can use for their needs. It is not necessary to create your own blockchain for each company.
They actually do not need it at least for now, unless they are trying to launch something on the blockchain technology and pretty much want to blend with the trend going on now with some social platforms popping up which is built on the blockchain technology. The thing is that in terms of a lot of them being a full blown company, they have been funded right from the onset, and coming up with another funding to me sounds suspicious in a way if there is really no need for it.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:14:55 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 08:21:31 AM by r32godzilla

I think that these companies are now self-sufficient and now they are not in need of launching ICOs and collecting funds.And if OP is mentioning about allowing ads about ICOs,then I think that the project launchers would have found Facebook and Twitter to be much popular and convenient in reaching the targeted investors.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
viewcoins

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:17:52 AM

Just did Viber already closely begins to address the issue =). About it dazzle on many news portals. I am sure that soon the rest will also catch up to this process.
eduardoabordo

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:30:51 PM

i think it's because crypto currency is not related in the apps that you have in you topic. it depends in there developer if they want to agree to join the bitcoin in there website.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:41:21 PM

i think it's because crypto currency is not related in the apps that you have in you topic. it depends in there developer if they want to agree to join the bitcoin in there website.

so , do you think that telgram , discord and slack are fully related to cryptos ? no . those apps are only created for messaging or groups purpose . i guess the only reason that these apps are mainly used for comunication it is because they are the most fastest and easy to use among other messaging
apps that op have been mentioned .

other crypto transactions are infact also using other apps such as skype and gmail , which i think it also depends on the person if what he prefer.
rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:05:47 PM

It seems to me that they do not really need it. ICO and cryptocurrency maintain the use of blockchain technology.
Does it need for usual messengers? The answer is obvious - no.
On the good and for telegram it was not necessary, but the trend required.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:11:17 PM

yeah i thought of this also maybe lets give some time for this other outlets of social media to get the chance to have a crypto ads even though we know that most of the investors and bounty hunters are in the facebook, twitter, reddit, youtube and etc. This will open also to other doors of other who were not able to get the chance or do not know for what is cryptocurrency. This could lead another positive increase for bitcoin in the near future if these social media will be utilize for cryptocurrency.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?
But Kik and Telegram did it.
After all, companies can get 2 huge pluses:
1) to collect a large amount of money for ICO
2) add hype to marketing and popularity among users.

share your opinion

The companies, services and products you specify are companies that do not need extra money. For this reason, ICO regulations will not make much sense, and it will also shake the trust of some users. I also think that this process does not take place because of an important obstacle like the state. In the coming years I think that their services can be a crypto money production that can be used in applications, despite all the obstacles I have mentioned.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:34:22 PM

When there's an alternative platform to replace the current one it doesn't mean it's going to be beneficial, number one point does not matter as long as the company is well funded and its still profitable and the number two point seems pretty unrealistic as the current ICO's right know it will not going to add hype and popularity among other users that much we know the reputation of some the ICO's right now.

Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:53:15 PM

The aforementioned apps have other means of enticing investors(traditional ways of investment are still valid and less volatile). These apps have the all the publicity they need already. Telegram may have done it because of its popularity amongst crypto investors.
cryptobiolog

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:29:25 PM

Because cryptocurrency is created for the purpose of introducing any functionality, and in such messengers so there are the necessary functions. Maybe there is simply no understanding of the cryptocurrency market and technologies.
localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

to my knowledge Line already conducted ICO and rest of the messenger app may do ICO in the coming days
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 06:47:35 PM

Not everything has to have a blockchain, you know... It's good that not everyone is jumping on the ICO bandwagon, because most current ICO's could have just started their service without it.
These companies are able to get investments through other means, so why would they even think about doing an ICO?

googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:20:25 PM

Looks like they are are lady well established and dont need funds for their developments. To be honest, they will never ever think about it because they are already running pretty well and having success in what they have offered. Plus, ICO's and stuff is for those who are new start ups wanting to start a projects from the scratch or have the project but dont have enough funds to run further. An ICO is not for such well established multi billion companies who are already gaining huge profits from their users. Plus they have reputation and faith of millions which is enough for them to run furthermore.  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
molla_corda

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

Because to hold an ICO is not to snap your fingers. This is a Department of serious analysts, developers, advertising campaign. All this costs, all messengers earn good money and other services.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
BTChannell

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:04:38 AM

They do not conduct their ICO because the US has quite strict legislation in this area, which limits this possibility. There is such a structure as the securities and exchange Commission, which protects US citizens from actions by potential fraudsters. And there are precedents of criminal cases against the organizers of the ICO.
Rhegar011

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

most of these are owned by google, facebook, tencent and similar companies which dont have any plans to get into crypto economy as of now. beside that these are well established companies with tons of financial backing which means they dont need money for further development, operations, marketing. so no ICOs for them. where as telegram was self funded by founders and non profit making as i recall. ICO makes complete sense for them for future plans.
scoin9

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:05:41 AM

Whatsapp is owned by Facebook, Skype is owned by Microsoft these are huge companies with tried and trusted business models and a lot of investors from the IPO they have already launched. IPO means initial public offering which is similar to ICO but for fiat so they do not need to get into the cryto world yet, that's why the haven't conducted an ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: