Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank of England warns against Cryptos  (Read 559 times)
juliehunt07

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

Yes crypto market is so volatile and in recent time illiquidity is going on high. But I believe that it is just a matter of time to recover. Where market condition is not so good, we can not expect these terms would perform well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:18:40 PM

Oh yes, again a warning from a bank. Banks are really scared of crypto, i would say.
Always funny to read. Thanks for sharing.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:05:45 PM

that's right bank of England sends a warning , it was written like this " crypto-assests have exhibited high price volatility and relative illiquidity". maybe crypto currencies protocol doesn't go with their rules that's why this kinds of incident happens
AravinthP

Activity: 154

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 07:08:34 PM

there is no question that this is a manipulative market and I agree people will loose money..more regulation also doesn't  ensure everything is right in this world after all this is the world for rich people

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:09:21 PM

The Bank of England sent a clear warning:

Sam Woods, the Bank of England deputy governor responsible for financial supervision said that “in their short history, crypto-assets have exhibited high price volatility and relative illiquidity.”

Writing in a letter to the chief executives of banks and insurers he said: "Crypto-assets also raise concerns related to misconduct and market integrity – many appear vulnerable to fraud and manipulation, as well as money-laundering and terrorist financing risks.”

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/981330/Bitcoin-price-barclays-ripple-cryptocurrency-ethereum-BTC-to-USD-XRP-news
Banks are beginning to feel fear of cryptocurrency))) know that soon the banks on the blockchain will come out) imagine a new platform where you can get a loan in France from a Bank in Australia! what competition they will have, so they warn!
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

This is nothing new in the cryptocurrency arena, cryptocurrency has been condemned in the recent past by many governments sighting safety and unreliablllty issues  overtime. The fact that most governments feel like the national economies are threatened doesn't make it any better, there are also claims it's being used for money laundering, making most governments critical about it

gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 07:13:02 PM

Situations like this always arises, and this usually affects the price of cryptos negatively.. But the good news is cryptos have always find a bounce back stronger.
aamy90925

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:53:15 AM

All this FUD is why the market is dropping hard, nevertheless I want us to be optimistic cause this is only a bear market.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:01:36 PM

This is indeed a sad news for the people engaged in the crypto currency market. This could also lead to a further downward fall in the price on the coins. This news may hit a greater impact, given the market is in a dip right now and could worse the situation even more.
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

these sort of news are very sad and disheartening given that the market is not doing very well right now with low prices. this could reduce the number of investors from a market so huge like the said country mentioned. this cloud drastically reduce the price furthermore in the market.
coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:10:47 PM

these sort of news are very sad and disheartening given that the market is not doing very well right now with low prices. this could reduce the number of investors from a market so huge like the said country mentioned. this cloud drastically reduce the price furthermore in the market.

Eventhough they warns crypto in there community but as long as individuals still believe in crypto world they can't stop because there's a lot of solution due to the high technology right now.
If someone's country has the issues of crypto then market collapse at lower rate value so I hope for acceptance in this kind of technology for everybodys wealth.

TomWilson32959

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

Oh maan. another sad facts again..
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:17:33 PM

I have to say I have read title and I don't think I will click link and read article because I simply don't care what banks are thinking. Since I joined this industry only bad news and negativity is coming from banks and in my opinion thieves don't have right to their opinion about crypto.
Banks were, are and will be against crypto. Nothing to read here.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:17:55 PM

The Bank of England sent a clear warning:

Sam Woods, the Bank of England deputy governor responsible for financial supervision said that “in their short history, crypto-assets have exhibited high price volatility and relative illiquidity.”

Writing in a letter to the chief executives of banks and insurers he said: "Crypto-assets also raise concerns related to misconduct and market integrity – many appear vulnerable to fraud and manipulation, as well as money-laundering and terrorist financing risks.”

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/981330/Bitcoin-price-barclays-ripple-cryptocurrency-ethereum-BTC-to-USD-XRP-news
Is it any wonder that the banker said about the crypto currency bad from the point of view? Bankers are worried about their profits and therefore whatever the crypto currency would be perfect, they would still think of something to blacken it and show citizens that they need to contact banks, and not leave banks to deal with crypto currency.
I do not think that the next and often repeated negative opinions of bankers regarding the crypto currency will somehow affect the price of the crypto currency.

aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:40:26 PM

Their warning is the same thing that every crypto investors already knows. We all know that there is high volatility that is associated with cryptocurrencies, with high volatility comes a higher chance of making a  lot of money which is good enough for me. I already knew coming into cryptos that it was a risk but it was a risk that I was willing to take.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

What else can you expect from a bank? It's obvious that for them crypto is competition, and they want to diminish it's reputation, and keep people away from it. But we know that crypto is the future, and they will not be able to stop it from growing.

incomefromcoins

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:06:34 PM

bank warnings arent new to cryptocurrency industry they are quite common and those who are in crypto are much aware of warning after seeing speculative graph of crypto is currency markets
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:06:41 PM

In my opinion this is truth,what u want to hear more about crypto many peoples is using crypto for black work,terrorism,speculation and scaming peoples.I dont see anything good happened for the time in crypto history if im not correct please write,how crypto changing world to good side...

argus312

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Something becomes a lot of such news about the crypto currency, but I still will not give up and will hold!)
marcripto

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:00:00 PM

The statements of the Bank of England do not surprise me because the banks are part of the "power group" that is trying in every way to stop the revolution of the world of cryptocurrencies. Banks have a great interest in combating this sector, because with the development of cryptocurrencies they would lose most of their banking transaction revenues
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: