Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Killer app for bitcoin  (Read 1868 times)
Shenol (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:23:36 AM

Hello Everyone,
I was just reading a post of Edan Yago and I started thinking about this : Bitcoin still has not produced a killer app
Why don't we make a simple program which adds a bar-code to the end of each video for tipping the users, which is very easy to use by everyone. People producing video's will have the incentive to use it as they'll get money, people who really like some videos will have a chance to easily tip the producers and the community will benefit from the expanded adoption of bitcoin.
What do you think about it? Is there anyone interested in creating such a product?
Sincerely,
Shenol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:33:31 PM

Hello Everyone,
I was just reading a post of Edan Yago and I started thinking about this : Bitcoin still has not produced a killer app
Why don't we make a simple program which adds a bar-code to the end of each video for tipping the users, which is very easy to use by everyone. People producing video's will have the incentive to use it as they'll get money, people who really like some videos will have a chance to easily tip the producers and the community will benefit from the expanded adoption of bitcoin.
What do you think about it? Is there anyone interested in creating such a product?
Sincerely,
Shenol

QR code would work better than barcode.
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:03:28 PM

Don't really see it getting traction.

And everyone can just attach his QR code at the end of a video anyway.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:19:19 PM

Hello Everyone,
Sincerely,
Shenol

What is a killer app?
techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:33:38 PM

Hello Everyone,
Sincerely,
Shenol

What is a killer app?

A killer app is an application/program which drives mass adoption and makes the underlying technology ubiquitous.

examples

the spreadsheet was a killer app for PCs in usage in businesses.

my 2 cents

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
Kaiji

Activity: 140

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:58:06 PM

Nice way of thinking, but you probably need to expand on it some more. BTC by itself makes it a great way to give tips and donations as such.
vineyard

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

It is a little bit of a "chicken and egg" problem. Until there is more widespread use of Bitcoin, it is tough to get "killer apps" to gain momentum. On the other side, without killer apps, it is tough for Bitcoin to gain momentum. I think what will happen is the classic "tipping point" effect. Almost all markets that end up explosively successful start off rather slowly. Then, for reasons that are hard to identify, they seem to shoot upward in an exponential fashion. I have watched apps like Instagram, or websites like Pinterest do this. I think Bitcoin is still in its early phase, and will begin to rapidly grow (exponentially) in the next year or two.
efarah2549

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:29:56 PM

Yeah what ever happened to Dark Wallet.  They were supposed to be out already no?  I sent them money and have hardly heard anything back on the project.
maxxoccupancy

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:46:49 AM

A BUILT IN LOWBALLER.  IN PLACE OF THE LABEL FIELD, YOU ENTER A LOW NUMBER OF BITCOINS AND SOME DESCRIPTION OF AN ITEM THAT YOU WANT SENT TO YOUR HOME OR DOWNLOADED.  THE WALLET CLIENT CONTINUES LOOKING UNTIL IT FINDS THE ITEM AND TAKES CARE OF THE REST.

I would like to work on development of a polymorphic altcoin that maintains a stable value and is more resistant to fraud.
btc: 15diNSNVontYf5iUvQqnLSQJ9rCAHuwpyJ   betyourbits.com      LTC: LRqVTEPcS7uusMy7JDqYEUg6KqdhfRWC5B
DogECoin: DDHG719WNCCav5MWQQqyxLABFhZTG3jwX3     QRK:  QdKnP5SqoG9r4CNuFcY1oesaYUAsu1W5hF
maxxoccupancy

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:24:29 AM

AN ALTERNATE WWW, ORGANIZED MORE LIKE FACEBOOK, BUT WITH ALL OF THE PAGES, PM's, GROUPS, POSTS, FILES, EBAY/CRAIGSLIST POSTS, ENCRYPTED USING SHA256.

THE BLOCKCHAIN WOULD BE HUNDREDS OF GIGS OF ENCRYPTED, CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED NEWS, INFO, FILES, ETC, AND YOUR WALLET BROWSER WOULD BE A REAL BLOCKCHAIN BROWSER.

I would like to work on development of a polymorphic altcoin that maintains a stable value and is more resistant to fraud.
btc: 15diNSNVontYf5iUvQqnLSQJ9rCAHuwpyJ   betyourbits.com      LTC: LRqVTEPcS7uusMy7JDqYEUg6KqdhfRWC5B
DogECoin: DDHG719WNCCav5MWQQqyxLABFhZTG3jwX3     QRK:  QdKnP5SqoG9r4CNuFcY1oesaYUAsu1W5hF
nirom

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:27:20 PM

AN ALTERNATE WWW, ORGANIZED MORE LIKE FACEBOOK, BUT WITH ALL OF THE PAGES, PM's, GROUPS, POSTS, FILES, EBAY/CRAIGSLIST POSTS, ENCRYPTED USING SHA256.

THE BLOCKCHAIN WOULD BE HUNDREDS OF GIGS OF ENCRYPTED, CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED NEWS, INFO, FILES, ETC, AND YOUR WALLET BROWSER WOULD BE A REAL BLOCKCHAIN BROWSER.

Didn't usenet used to do that?

Nobody would run a full client if it men having 100+ gigabytes of data at the moment...
maxxoccupancy

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:15:09 PM

Not the full BlockChain with all of the data that goes with it.  Each client would only cache the data that they and people in their area are using.  If it resulted in free wifi access everywhere, free Internet, phone, music, etc, that might be the killer app that brings people in.

In fact, is someone created an altcoin that did this (just transferring small amounts of encrypted data around for free or extremely cheap), that would be killer app enough for that client.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:20:02 PM

I think I know the killer app for crypto-currency, but I haven't written about it. Nor will I. I don't think it can be added to Bitcoin.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:41:29 AM

bitcoin meme speculator ...

patent by bitcointalk.org

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: [1]
  Print