Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request from a Newbie  (Read 239 times)
niacar (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:22:59 PM

Always wanted to start my own mining trip, but I don't seem to know how to start. I tried to find a thread that could enlighten me. I can't find what I want. I can't understand too many people's ideas and suggestions, yes they are too powerful. who can help me? what should I do???

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 01:40:25 PM

Before you start " mining " you need to do a lot of reading, learning on this forum , get some basic knowledge, and also make sure about how risky investment is to spend any money on a computer hardware / ASIC hardware just for mining prupose.

There is a great article about some basic information

And a great topic  Wink about some very popular questions what really no one can answer Smiley

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ? WHY MY EARNING IS LESS THAN ALL THOSE ONLINE CALCULATORS TELLING ME? WHAT IS THE BEST COIN TO MINE ? WHAT IS THE MOST PROFITABLE COIN TO MINE"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money and time !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
No one can tell you what is the best coin to mine !
No one can tell you what is the most profitable coin to mine! Coins profitability always changing, what is best to mine today, maybe going to be the worst to mine tomorrow !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators calculating pool luck !
None of those online calculators calculating your stale/rejected or invalid shares !
None of those online calculators able to predict difficulty growth !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold they coins , miners...

! INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE !
! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7952

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:48:31 PM

Always wanted to start my own mining trip, but I don't seem to know how to start. I tried to find a thread that could enlighten me. I can't find what I want. I can't understand too many people's ideas and suggestions, yes they are too powerful. who can help me? what should I do???

If you can't understand others' ideas, don't seem to know how to start and need somebody to enlighten you then mining is not for you my friend.  It is hot, noisy, expensive, time intensive, very competitive and not very rewarding at all.  Best advice I can give you is to stay away unless you have nothing better to do.

You're going to need at least

• A Computer (with, at the very least, a decent CPU)
  • Mining software
  • A Mining Pool Account (not likely you'll have to firepower to mine solo)
  • A Crypto Currency Wallet (not a good idea to leave your coins online in the pool's wallet)
  • time (to do some research)

Your electricity bill is going to increase.  Do the math first so you (or your parents, landlord, significant other) wont be caught off-guard.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:54:49 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 02:08:16 PM by Vann

If you have a computer with a modern graphics card you can start mining with the hardware you have at night whenever you're not using it to get familiar. Basically you need to setup a wallet for the coin you want to mine to get the address where to get paid, download a miner program for the algorithm used by the coin you want to mine, choose a pool for the coin you want to mine and configure the miner with your wallet address and/or your pool worker info.

There are lots of websites and Youtube videos on how to get started. Just google 'How to mine XXXXXXX'. BBT's Youtube has many videos on how to setup and configure a mining rig from scratch. He also has a multi-miner that he updates regularly that makes it easy to mine different coins.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsBeTrippin/videos

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267153982

https://github.com/bitsbetrippin/bbtmultiminer

www.mining.help
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:07:13 PM

I hope that you know how to use google search engine to find what exactly you wanted to know about building your own mining rig.
You need hardware parts like motherboard, cpu and graphics and other components you need for mining rig.

Check this 2 links that I found from google.

https://cryptosrus.com/ethereum-mining-rig/
and this https://gpu0.com/mining/6-gpu-mining-rig-build/
ciprianpt

Activity: 127
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:20:38 PM

Also don't forget to check 1st Mining Rig here: https://1stminingrig.com Smiley

LE: a very useful guide to choose the best hardware for mining here: https://1stminingrig.com/best-mining-rig-hardware-mine-2017/

let me know if you have any questions Smiley

cip

https://1stMiningRig.com - Just Another Mining Blog Smiley
IndieMiner

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:37:19 PM

First thing you'll need is the hardware, do you have the hardware to begin mining (e.g., a mid-to-high-end graphics card)?

❱❱❱❱  INDIEMINER | PC MINING MADE EASY  ❱❱❱❱
One-click-mining GUI's for existing mining apps
Website/Download: http://www.indieminer.com
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:38:27 AM

I don't believe you can't find any pieces of information that guide you on how to start mining  Huh (when other people can find it [tested it myself]). For starting, you got good advice above (knowing basic knowledge, then some of the technical things).  Wink

Before you start " mining " you need to do a lot of reading, learning on this forum , get some basic knowledge, and also make sure about how risky investment is to spend any money on a computer hardware / ASIC hardware just for mining prupose.

When you felt enough with all of the information you get, then go to the next step (implement it).
niacar (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:35:03 AM

There is a great article about some basic information

And a great topic  Wink about some very popular questions what really no one can answer Smiley

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ? WHY MY EARNING IS LESS THAN ALL THOSE ONLINE CALCULATORS TELLING ME? WHAT IS THE BEST COIN TO MINE ? WHAT IS THE MOST PROFITABLE COIN TO MINE"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money and time !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
No one can tell you what is the best coin to mine !
No one can tell you what is the most profitable coin to mine! Coins profitability always changing, what is best to mine today, maybe going to be the worst to mine tomorrow !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators calculating pool luck !
None of those online calculators calculating your stale/rejected or invalid shares !
None of those online calculators able to predict difficulty growth !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold they coins , miners...

! INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE !
! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING !

Thank you for your help, very useful!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: