Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:52:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What in the name of whales just happened on stamp?  (Read 1619 times)
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

Just saw a whale jump upto 755
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:05:41 PM

you never saw a buy of 1750btc before? Because somebody did (1750btc volume on 1min chart)

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

A large (1000) order was sent into a thin orderbook area, still thin due to a temporary oversold condition. The order was made with no regard to execution price and could have been more strategically handled to fetch a far better price if only a few more minutes of attention were given to trading. I honestly dont understand who doesn't have 5 minutes to spare to save $30,000.
vphen

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

I known, a Chinese TuHao.
TERA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:20:14 PM

I should start a business where I execute these orders on behalf of the whales. I will keep half of the savings and pass the other half onto them.
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:21:22 PM

Is that a killer whale ? WOW
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:24:21 PM

I honestly dont understand who doesn't have 5 minutes to spare to save $30,000.
does it really matter,when you invest 1000 x 600 = 600000 ? as the danger is the price will be rising
TERA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:28:26 PM

After a 3 day consolidation in the upper 600s and low 700s, there was a 0 chance that prices were going to suddenly be at 750 and rising with no chance of return. If you know how to look at a chart or an order book you can clearly see that this rash movement was immediately corrected back to where it started from, requiring additional volume to actually persist the move upwards. Even the now the price is BELOW $720 somehow.
segeln

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

btw , at Gox were a similar  spike.
but you are right with watching the orderbook and then decide.
But my question was :does it really matters when you invest that much ? And what you expect the final price ( 1-2 years) will be.
So I bought in November and December regardless of the current Price  all-in. Luckily under 750.
phatsphere

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:39:31 PM

does it really matters when you invest that much ?
well, yes. it's sunday, so all that money has already been there for quite some time (and waiting on the side lines) or has been there as a result of selling in the last days. in both cases, it's not coming out of the blue.
TERA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:39:51 PM

What are you talking about. Why does it matter the amount that is invested? The loss remains proportionally the same amount. The larger the buy, the larger the loss. $30K is a lot. You may disagree with me, and that is fine, but my point is I think I may have a business opportunity here. I am willing to wager that I can execute the orders at a better price. I see that there are people like you and like this whale who panic and think that they must execute a high volume order immediately at any price - I will use this to my advantage and a make a business out of using my expertise (common sense) to actually execute it at a better price.
segeln

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:44:33 PM

I see that there are people like you and like this whale who panic and think that they must execute a high volume order immediately at any price -
first: I was new in the BTC world and I wanted to enter the choo choo Train.
now I am panickly hodling

First:
make your decision/opinion about the future of bitcoins.
Second :
Make a personal forecast/estimation for the value of bitcoins in about 1 or 2 years
than conclude:
is your personal value-forecast/estimation >let`s say 2000 €/BTC than ist dosn`t really matter at what Price below 1000 €/BTC you are going to buy BTC.
The higher your personal value-forecast/estimation  the less does it matter.
You will be on the winning side either way.

I am no penny -pincher
TERA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:55:39 PM

I don't care how bullish I am about the future of bitcoin. If there is a chance to increase my position by 5% in 5 minutes when taking my position, then I will do it, even if I think that bitcoin is going to rise to $1,000,000 - this has nothing to do with my point that I can increase my position right now. Your post fails to address the underlying points that I made in my post. $30K is not "pennies" - you can clearly see that something is wrong with the math in that statement right away. But if you disagree with me, that is fine. You can be a client of my business where I magically get you a better price that you did not think was possible.
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:15 PM

I don't care how bullish I am about the future of bitcoin. If there is a chance to increase my position by 5% in 5 minutes when taking my position, then I will do it, even if I think that bitcoin is going to rise to $1,000,000 - this has nothing to do with my point that I can increase my position right now. Your post fails to address the underlying points that I made in my post. $30K is not "pennies" - you can clearly see that something is wrong with the math in that statement right away. But if you disagree with me, that is fine. You can be a client of my business where I magically get you a better price that you did not think was possible.

I agree with you, that whale was really strange. Instead of getting 1000 coins, he could have got 1100 coins(for example) at the same price if he just had 30 minutes of patience.
segeln

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:41 PM

You can be a client of my business where I magically get you a better price that you did not think was possible.
thanks I will revert to Smiley Smiley
Kramerc

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

A large (1000) order was sent into a thin orderbook area, still thin due to a temporary oversold condition. The order was made with no regard to execution price and could have been more strategically handled to fetch a far better price if only a few more minutes of attention were given to trading. I honestly dont understand who doesn't have 5 minutes to spare to save $30,000.

Maybe he tried to make an impression and have others follow him into buying? Setting the trend after a 4hour MACD crossover?
TERA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

Maybe he tried to make an impression and have others follow him into buying? Setting the trend after a 4hour MACD crossover?
Can you explain the financial incentive in him making this movement and the prospect that he would receive back more than he paid for it?
Kramerc

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

Not really, no. Strictly financially, his move makes no sense. Hence, his objective was of another nature, such as a mind game of some sort. Which obviously failed.
vphen

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:46:43 PM

the buyer is the same guy pull to 4900 at huobi on 31st Jan
anybody remember?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

Tin foil hat time: Some wealthy banksters with nearly unlimited wealth bought those coins just so they could sell them at a loss and further undermine confidence. Then, when the price drops another hundred or two (they hope), they buy in with ten times as much Fed monopoly money. What do they care of the risk? They get nearly unlimited credit at nearly zero interest rates.

Bitcoin fails, they win. Bitcoin hits new ATH, they win. Until we can function without banks at all, these bastards have us by the balls. Fiat is slave money.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: