Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin’s brutal bear market isn’t yet its worst crash in history  (Read 164 times)
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

https://qz.com/1318141/how-far-could-bitcoin-btc-fall-it-sill-isnt-as-bad-as-the-2013-15-bear-market/

We can't really stop panic sellers from doing what they must do when it comes to sell offs. The bearish market can really cloud our judgement specially if we don't trust and believe in the technology. This is not the worst crash in the history of bitcoin and I do believe in the technology so I hodl. The weaker hands will always lose.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

Charts and history suggest that the blow off of the 2013 ATH was the worst bear market we've ever seen in the history of bitcoin, with the bear's influence extending over a period of almost 3 years. During those times, every little push of the price is immediately shut down without remorse. causing all the valiant efforts of the bulls to disappear without notice. Right now, the pushes in price somewhat retains its strength for a couple of days before returning to sub-$6000, and such price development should be expected seeing how high we went on the last ATH. This is no sorcery, just math and simple market reactions.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

But we're not out of the bear market yet so it can't be said with certainty that the previous record won't be broken.
I really hope not.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:13:44 AM

Charts and history suggest that the blow off of the 2013 ATH was the worst bear market we've ever seen in the history of bitcoin, with the bear's influence extending over a period of almost 3 years. During those times, every little push of the price is immediately shut down without remorse. causing all the valiant efforts of the bulls to disappear without notice. Right now, the pushes in price somewhat retains its strength for a couple of days before returning to sub-$6000, and such price development should be expected seeing how high we went on the last ATH. This is no sorcery, just math and simple market reactions.

I agree with you on this. Hope that we won't be able to experience same bear market that happened the previous years. I'm still certain that bitcoin community and the people behind supporting the technology won't let that happen. They should put very strong support in $5k line so that bitcoin's value won't pass that and could lead to more panic from bitcoin investors that are emotional.

But we're not out of the bear market yet so it can't be said with certainty that the previous record won't be broken.
I really hope not.

We all do hope that wouldn't happen, as we all know every altcoin is dependent to bitcoin's value. This will really affect our portfolio when bitcoin's value drops exponentially.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:28:13 AM

2013 - 2014 it went $1000 to $200
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:35:20 AM

Crashes are kinda normal when it comes to bitcoin, they bring the best time to buy the bitcoins as much as you can. Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:44:13 AM

https://qz.com/1318141/how-far-could-bitcoin-btc-fall-it-sill-isnt-as-bad-as-the-2013-15-bear-market/

We can't really stop panic sellers from doing what they must do when it comes to sell offs. The bearish market can really cloud our judgement specially if we don't trust and believe in the technology. This is not the worst crash in the history of bitcoin and I do believe in the technology so I hodl. The weaker hands will always lose.

Yes off course this isn't the worst one and also this is not even the real bear market I believe. Many articles suggest that prices of the December were not even real one, they were just overhyped and manipulated rates. So whatever dump we today wasn't supposed to be here if those were not the real prices. We are just on the correction course and might get settled pretty soon than we think. Now that we are already lowered the prices to right values, this might be the start of new pricing as the new investors start jumping into it. So yeah hold still rocks for me too.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:49:05 AM

Yes, many people invested in Bitcoin or Altcoins because they thought its a a quick buck, they thought it was easy to trade because when it was a bull market they are getting profits. Since the trend reversal we have seen a lot of panic selling and topics here in the forum that it is the end of Bitcoin. They do not realize the market they get into. They do not have study the charts, if they did they would know that Bitcoin have bounce back multiple times from price crash. I am sure people who have panic sell will regret they have sold their Bitcoin in a loss.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:50:13 AM

this is all just drama to create panic among the weak hands at this point and try to squeeze the market as much as they can to get the last drops of bitcoin out of the investors hands and into their own whale-y pockets.
it is up to you to decide when it is too late to sell and when it is a good time to sell to prevent losing money and having the money out to buy back at the bottom. those who sold in the past couple of days have lost a lot of money because the drop was the "last squeeze".

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:58:33 AM

I don't know about what happened with Bitcoin in 2013 but I think Bitcoin had a bigger crash in 2018. Not in June though, back in January and February. The price went down from 14K to 9K within less than a week. That was worse than what BTC is going through now.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:17:22 AM

whenever you are still in the downtrend you always feel the worst and think it is "brutal" but if you look at the bigger picture you can always see that this is just a tiny fluctuation compared to the overall trend that bitcoin had and is going to have in the future.

back when I started with bitcoin, I was buying it at $200-$400 while people were calling it a "brutal bear trend" and were talking about how bitcoin is dead, blah blah. now see where we are. a lot of the newcomers would give anything if they could turn back time and buy bitcoin when it was $200-$400 and the worst part is many of them were around back then and decided not to buy and instead listen to the FUD.
we will have the same thing in a couple of years with newcomers that will give anything to be able to buy bitcoin at $10,000

Only Bitcoin
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:18:45 AM

Usually never believe comparing the two different time lines and then concluding the current situation about the market. The current market is like being manipulated for the purpose of getting more profits. This could be done by whales in the market. I am not sure how many of you really agree on this one but according to me this is simple and straight forward manipulation thats being done. Just check the prices now, they all are green and that tells me one thing, someone might just have poured huge bag of fiat into crypto, let me guess, a whale ! Then after few days the prices will go back down again and then another entry point for them. Could be getting ready for the 2018 december.
Doesnt matter if its worst crash or not, what matters is its natural or artificial?  Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:19:07 AM

Problem is, no one is sure where the bottom is anymore. For a while it was believed to be around 6k but not anything is possible.
lazygin006

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:19:23 AM

It is understandable that people are panic selling. For now we can really tell if this is the worst crash in history but definitely considered as one of the worst. Hopefully there bearish market will come to an end soon.
kimdungtruyen

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:22:03 AM

During that time, every small push will immediately close without remorse. Right now, pushing up prices retains some of its power and that price development will be predicted when we reach that high level. This is not magic and simple market reaction.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:34:08 AM

I think that we can see a very low level. Even lower than everyone expects.
kingofworld92

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:11:41 AM

Cause all the brave efforts of the cows disappeared without notice. Just math and market reaction is simple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: