Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:40:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What better hardware is actually shipping next? (=not as pre-order)  (Read 1618 times)
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:27:27 PM

bitfury also

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

Does anyone else have a feeling that Bitmain is actually clearing stocks at a low price on purpose to get rid of S1's before announcing new units with a better chip design?

Yeah feels like they are cleaning out a farm, did you see the rows and rows of them on shelves in the photos?

Source: http://cryptoware.co.uk

If there is an S2 I don't expect them to be selling it, right away, but using it!  Wink

AndersAA (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

Does anyone else have a feeling that Bitmain is actually clearing stocks at a low price on purpose to get rid of S1's before announcing new units with a better chip design?

Yeah feels like they are cleaning out a farm, did you see the rows and rows of them on shelves in the photos?

If there is an S2 I don't expect them to be selling it, right away, but using it!  Wink

Considering how clean the S1 I got today was, and how "open" the environment is at that farm, it almost seems like it is straight off the assembly line and hasn't been mining at all. Not a speck of dust on it... (?) If I leave anything out in the open in my semi-clean office for two weeks it will get dusty - way more dusty than the 100% clean Ant I just got.

Could it be that Bitmain actually doesn't pre-mine(much)? ... or maybe they just clean them before packing.
Gator-hex

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:53:42 PM

Considering how clean the S1 I got today was, and how "open" the environment is at that farm, it almost seems like it is straight off the assembly line and hasn't been mining at all. Not a speck of dust on it... (?) If I leave anything out in the open in my semi-clean office for two weeks it will get dusty - way more dusty than the 100% clean Ant I just got.

Could it be that Bitmain actually doesn't pre-mine(much)? ... or maybe they just clean them before packing.

Maybe they're just on the shelf for a 24hr burn in test.  Tongue

pepto

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

I asked Sushi, (a Bitmain disrirubutor) if my incoming miners would be new or pulled from the farms.
He said they'd be brand new. Only tested for a day or so on the QC line. My whole question to him was largely about about shipping and hosting and the associated costs. My take is that it's not cost effective for them to pull used ones from the farm, tidy them up, and ship them. I expect that mine (to be shipped 2/11/14 I'm told) will be brand new.  On the other hand, the ones on the farm wouldn't be there if they weren't working properly, so maybe that wouldn't be so bad to get one Cheesy
rostbiffen

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:29:23 PM

Selling these machines for 1.5 to 3 BTC is a great deal anyway and i think they want to cash home the money as fast as possible.
So i dont think they mine for themself, its to risky. i think its the same for almost all chinese manufacturers.

the US/EU manufacturers do i think mine for themself for some weeks..

Gator-hex

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:57:00 PM

bitfury also

Yeah heard rumor BitFury 2 by March, sample chips end of February.

No idea what specs but Punin said "Just you wait" in the Friedcat's 40nm/0.35J/GHash thread! Cool It's on like Donkey Kong!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: