Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use cryptocurrency cards?  (Read 539 times)
Menakams

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:48:01 AM

i haven't cryptocurrency card,there is no programe for this in sri lanka
i believe that if sri lanka is using a crypto card too,it is verry important

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaidman

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

There is future in cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:06:57 AM

Guys, what's your view on cryptocurrency cards (like credit cards, I mean)? Is it convenient or useless? If someone has an experience of using them, would be glad if you share!

What a nice question, using cryptocurrency card is very easy and convenient but just that you will be charged for using the card too.
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:12:00 AM

i personally don't use them, and suggest you to don't use them, simply because they take a lot of money from you with high fees. most of the times , they have a fixed fees like 2-3$ and a % fees around 3% when you take money out from ATM. Are they serious? 3% every time that i want my money in cash? No thanks, i prefear to change them in an exchange that support FIAT and then send them into my credit card/bank. Cost zero.

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:38:29 AM

I think the cryptocurrency card is also convenient, because cryptocurrency also has a price, and it's very convenient to use, and everyone likes cryptocurrency
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 10:07:25 AM

I just know about details of cryptocurrency card and I visit too many websites They are selling cryptocurrency card but our country is not supporting cryptocurrency card and our bank not supported cryptocurrency card in this region we can't use cryptocurrency card but my cousin lives in the USA and he used cryptocurrency card. When my country supports cryptocurrency then I want to use it because cryptocurrency card is very useful for everyone.
ALBOS Project (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:36:09 PM

Guys, what's your view on cryptocurrency cards (like credit cards, I mean)? Is it convenient or useless? If someone has an experience of using them, would be glad if you share!
I don't think you can get a credit card with bitcoin or any crypto currency. But debit cards do exist. Do keep in mind that debit card and credit cards are two different things. Debit cards are more like prepaid cards. I did use a bitcoin debit card before from advcash. Wasn't that bad. But most of the cards have been taken down since VISA started to cut down ties with companies that issued debit cards to users without any regulations.

Sorry, yes! sure, understand the difference.
I mean these cards might be really convenient when it comes to using crypto in daily lives, like shopping.
ALBOS Project (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

I just know about details of cryptocurrency card and I visit too many websites They are selling cryptocurrency card but our country is not supporting cryptocurrency card and our bank not supported cryptocurrency card in this region we can't use cryptocurrency card but my cousin lives in the USA and he used cryptocurrency card. When my country supports cryptocurrency then I want to use it because cryptocurrency card is very useful for everyone.

Right. unfortunately currently it's hard to use such crypto cards due to restrictions and regulations. Hopefully, it might change in the future. 
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

Those crypto cards basically defeats the whole purpose of using cryptocurrency.  The shop ends up getting fiat when you spend crypto.  If we want real mainstream adoption we need to get more sellers to actually accept bitcoin and not just a service that converts bitcoins into usd.
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:47:37 PM

As a bounty hunter, there are many ICO projects that provide also a crypto currency cards and as far as I know most of them are have a successfully project. But for now I really not have experienced to used crypto currency cards.

your definition of "successful" is flawed which is why you think they are successful.
success doesn't mean raising a lot of money and having a big hyped up market where people trade the useless token they created. success means if they truly create a useful product that people actually use in the real world and most importantly it means if they actually have a company and it survives in the long run.

I want to have experience in using cryptocurrencies cards wow it sounds a great progress of bitcoin a cards can access anywhere we want to go a socially  oriented worldwide or we can make exchange in a lower service fees.
franantp

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:09:17 PM

I once had a virtual cryptocurrency card that was used to buy some stuff online, because automatically our nominal balance was mixed with fiat. but when my deposit did not come in at all when it took to buy stuff online I stopped using it. that's my experience
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:13:46 PM

It's great tool in order to increase transaction mobility around the world.
I've local project named Pundi, they are using card if you want to purchase good which it's a great tool , IMO

Those crypto cards basically defeats the whole purpose of using cryptocurrency.  The shop ends up getting fiat when you spend crypto.  If we want real mainstream adoption we need to get more sellers to actually accept bitcoin and not just a service that converts bitcoins into usd.

If people's demand is greater, I think it's not a problem for having bitcoin credit card

Smiley
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 01:27:28 PM

To be honest, I haven't really used any direct credit card that takes money from my crypto funds but I have been using Uquid for more than a year but you have to convert your Crypto funds into the fiat currency before topping up the credit card. I have not come across any service that allows me to spend funds directly from my balance in cryptocurrency.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

I think if we use such a card it is very good, and it is very useful for us all, and I myself am very happy to use the card because it can help for future success.
The problem is not in the use because we all know this is going to break barrier between the traditional banking and the cryptobank but the problem lies on the providers of this card. they are not interested in given out cards to unregulated cryptobank because of the issue of scam and money laundery which many have said cryptocurrency promote. when you listen to many peoples comment here on the thread you will realized nobody have said it emphatically that they are making use of the card despite the fact many ICO goal are centered around debit card provision. AMON, MONACO, kurecoin and many other ICO are still targeting this project
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:33:08 PM

Bad luck as my country is restricted in all cards issuing places. Even my country has imposed ban on cryptp currency use.

ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:36:16 PM

Is Xapo wallet card included? Well if yes, I haven't tried. It is really hard to see a place where these kinds of cards are accepted. We have here local cryptocurrency wallet provider but it is still really hard to use it for your daily life.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:36:36 PM

I don't know about the cryptocurrency card and I don't know about the card or credit card using bitcoin, but I know that many ICO project use the cryptocurrencies for their card, I don't know how it works and I think that it will hard to use if we should convert cryptocurrencies to real money at same time

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

Like tenx card,bonpay card and bitpay card?

I havent used them but they are comfortable if you have no cash on hand.

But if the adoption isnt too wide in ones country, its convenience wont be experienced.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

In my country crypto currency is banned and long before no card company use to approved our country but now as they where giving the card and this ban FCK up. Their is also no bitcoin ATM so it is no use.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:00:24 AM

This kind of card (credit or debit) can be very useful nowadays for people who deal with Crypto-Currency on their daily lives, like traders, gamblers and even merchants. I say useful because people can convert Crypto-Currency into fiat instantly, paying for any kind of service and goods they need. However, it doesn't follow totally the Crypto-Currency's purpose, that is to skip all the kinds of middle-men in a negociation...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pharmacy2693

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

No there is no crypto card therefore I thing it is very good away to use bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: