Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:32:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use cryptocurrency cards?  (Read 539 times)
sue1710

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:23:50 AM

There are many projects of using of cryptocurrency cards, and then some of them already been successful. However, I have not experienced it yet and I don't think cryptocurrency cards is necessary with me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:06:29 AM

Guys, what's your view on cryptocurrency cards (like credit cards, I mean)? Is it convenient or useless? If someone has an experience of using them, would be glad if you share!

Hi there. I only recently started using one of the crypto debit cards called Wirex. I was looking for a way to fund my crypto investments via paypal (add crypto card to paypal and send funds to it). Wirex has very nice ios app, that has btc and ltc wallets. You can request cards (with free delivery) and currency account will be added to your app. So you get free card delivery and monthly account costs are for USD account $1.50 and for EUR account €1.20 (i think that it is same price).

But am thinking now, that it is good option to exit from my crypto positions. Just send funds to internal btc or ltc wallet and exchange for your local currency. In my case euro purchases within europe are free of charge and atm withdrawal fee is €2.25 (one downside is, max daily withdrawal amount is €250, which is not great 🤔).

Still have to test it out though, check all te fee and compare crypto exchange rates with exchanges etc. At the moment I am in stae of waiting for my card, after creating and authorizing my account. Will let you know ones my test is finished. Good luck with your crypto card exploration 👍

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

I haven't yet used cards that offer many ICO projects, but I think it would be very convenient. Who knows the working projects with cryptocurrency card Visa/Mastercard?
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:44:43 PM

i heard about those cards some time ago and i think that in some countries they could be useful, of course in future they will be more useful than now but it will be better to get one before everyone will want to order one for themselves.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
ALBOS Project (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

Those crypto cards basically defeats the whole purpose of using cryptocurrency.  The shop ends up getting fiat when you spend crypto.  If we want real mainstream adoption we need to get more sellers to actually accept bitcoin and not just a service that converts bitcoins into usd.

I see your point of view. But witnessing pretty high volatility of crypto, it's no surprise that merchants are not that willing to accept it. And of course, legal issues have much weight here
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:16:10 AM

I find it very useful with cryptocurrency cards, Convenience paying for every purchase anywhere has led to the mass growth of people using credit / debit cards and merchants who accept cards. The advantage of a clear card: no need to go to the bank to withdraw money, no need to worry about carrying large sums of money, and in case if your card is stolen, the only thing you should do is to contact your bank and block your card for prevent illicit transactions.
No doubts that the card payment mode has brought a revolution in the present days with no real need of carrying huge amounts in form of physical cash also that card is safe even if its stolen you can block it , but the fact being a crypto card its fluctuating rates itself can make you poor from a rich in matter of days , If the rates of bitcoin suddenly touches a low peak then you cant even blame anyone for your loss.
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:47:10 AM

I haven't yet used cards that offer many ICO projects, but I think it would be very convenient. Who knows the working projects with cryptocurrency card Visa/Mastercard?

Would be glad to hear about them as well. I know Monaco
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

I find it very useful with cryptocurrency cards, Convenience paying for every purchase anywhere has led to the mass growth of people using credit / debit cards and merchants who accept cards. The advantage of a clear card: no need to go to the bank to withdraw money, no need to worry about carrying large sums of money, and in case if your card is stolen, the only thing you should do is to contact your bank and block your card for prevent illicit transactions.
No doubts that the card payment mode has brought a revolution in the present days with no real need of carrying huge amounts in form of physical cash also that card is safe even if its stolen you can block it , but the fact being a crypto card its fluctuating rates itself can make you poor from a rich in matter of days , If the rates of bitcoin suddenly touches a low peak then you cant even blame anyone for your loss.

Completely agree on this point. the issue of volatility is, probably, the main reason why merchants are so sceptic about accepting crypto.if it's converted immediately into fiat - this is another thing.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:06:44 AM

Is there a good overview of the available cards, including conditions/fees/features? (not including the dead projects that is Cheesy)
Furthermore, are there projects that don't use a card issuer or are their own issuer (a bank)?
forestgunman

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

I do not have any cryptocurrency card, in fact, i do not evem know there is such a card. It sounds like an innovative product! I would like to have a try if I have the chance.
cryptogirlboss

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:41:13 AM

I wish I could use a crypto card! I ordered my Tenx card back in december and joined in the queue with Monaco, guess what after 6months.. still no working cards!!!

im considering other providers and using Revolut which is not a full crypto card.. alao the lack of updates from this companies is terrible experience.. anybody using a good crypto  card right now?
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:13:19 AM

Guys, what's your view on cryptocurrency cards (like credit cards, I mean)? Is it convenient or useless? If someone has an experience of using them, would be glad if you share!
Crypto cards can be a great way for payment and easy shopping or replacing anything that is done by using currency now a days but the fact being cryptos having such a volatile rate its use can get limited , also decentralization of bitcoin is an issue too and yeah its banned in my country too. I don’t really see any future for crypto cards in the near future.

you should not credit cards, but create cards that are connected to the wallet used in bitcoin transactions.
With the card in my opinion will make it easier for bitcoin users to transact in the real world than to use their gadget to transact using bitcoin
Obviously the transaction between bitcoin users will be much convenient and hassle free with cards being introduced and maintained but what about the security at the end its a form of money too, if the card gets stolen who will block it , there must be an organisation who controls the use of the card and also keeps a check on illegal or fishy transactions.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

For me i don't use cryptocurrency cards because my country don't accept these types of cards but i hope i can used because by these cards i don't need any exchangers sites from crypto to money
Kgdktac

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:33:04 PM

The use of crytocurrency cards would be very nice, it is already in use already. The first crytocurrency card would be bitcoin and it has an ATM already which is active in some countries

bedulook

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

There are very convenient to use if you want easy access to your money. But to me that defeat the ideas of keeping my coins for long term since I got tempted to use those cards when am I need.
PEDROMAP

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:10:55 PM

Well credit cards are a nice way to get cryptocurrencies into real economy, and allows you to avoid some constrains thar a few banks impose when you try to transfer money from exchanges, but as some said, cryptocurrencies are a long term investment for me, either i get rich or nothing  Grin
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:52:49 PM

I once had a virtual cryptocurrency card that was used to buy some stuff online, because automatically our nominal balance was mixed with fiat. but when my deposit did not come in at all when it took to buy stuff online I stopped using it. that's my experience

So, as far as I got it, your card for only for online purchase? No offline shops?
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:05:58 PM

What a nice question, using cryptocurrency card is very easy and convenient but just that you will be charged for using the card too.

You mean the commission, right? Well, traditional bank cards also charge for some transactions
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:21:37 PM

Hi there. I only recently started using one of the crypto debit cards called Wirex. I was looking for a way to fund my crypto investments via paypal (add crypto card to paypal and send funds to it). Wirex has very nice ios app, that has btc and ltc wallets. You can request cards (with free delivery) and currency account will be added to your app. So you get free card delivery and monthly account costs are for USD account $1.50 and for EUR account €1.20 (i think that it is same price).

But am thinking now, that it is good option to exit from my crypto positions. Just send funds to internal btc or ltc wallet and exchange for your local currency. In my case euro purchases within europe are free of charge and atm withdrawal fee is €2.25 (one downside is, max daily withdrawal amount is €250, which is not great 🤔).

Still have to test it out though, check all te fee and compare crypto exchange rates with exchanges etc. At the moment I am in stae of waiting for my card, after creating and authorizing my account. Will let you know ones my test is finished. Good luck with your crypto card exploration 👍

Thank you for sharing your experience. Tell me, is it possible to use this Wired card for doing offline purchases? I mean can stores accept it like simple Visa or Master Card? Or is it simply a way to convert crypto to fiat?
ALBOS Project (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

i heard about those cards some time ago and i think that in some countries they could be useful, of course in future they will be more useful than now but it will be better to get one before everyone will want to order one for themselves.

Yes, these cards can surely bring more real use to cryptocurrency in our lives.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: