Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3$/Ghs as low 2.6$/GHs do you think sminers.com Legit ?  (Read 4791 times)
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:32:21 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 08:57:52 PM by Gamer67

Hi, I have their platinum plan since 2 weeks ago, mining revenues been credited into my account every week and every withdrawal request I made recieved within 24 hours and without delay

As others have alluded to. This is a shill account. I would not take this statement as fact. This poster joined the forum 15 minutes before posting here.

It does not surprise me in the least bit that the scammers doing these types of scams are very active on these forums. The forums here serve as a nice little blueprint on what to do to run a successful scam. It is great for them, they can see where mistakes might be made and can adjust accordingly.

Even if they only get a handful of people it is a win for them.

Scammers gotta scam. Wink

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:17:59 PM

I wont risk my BTC on this..
johncmagnet

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

Hi, I have their platinum plan since 2 weeks ago, mining revenues been credited into my account every week and every withdrawal request I made recieved within 24 hours and without delay

As others have alluded to. This is a shill account. I would not take this statement as fact. This poster joined the forum 15 minutes before posting here.

It does not surprise me in the least bit that the scammers doing these types of scams are very active on these forums. The forums here serve as a nice little blueprint on what to do to run a successful scam. It is great for them, they can see where mistakes might be made and can adjust accordingly.

Even if they only get a handful of people it is a win for them.

Scammers gotta scam. Wink

Hi, my name is John and I have joined this forum solely to write a review on sminers. If this does make me a scammer than probably I'm in the wrong place writing this.

After reading your forum discussion, the only one out there about this new rig, my brother and I decided to take a leap of faith and 9 days ago both opened accounts with them. We both got the Starters plan and after a week each have been credited with 27.3 $ into the account. Normally, to see if it works, we decided to withdraw all of them, so both opened a support ticket requesting the withdrawal. Both of our wallets were credited with BTC 0.041222, respectively BTC 0.04192547 my brother, depending on the time of the day we requested the cash out and the bitstamp BTC/USD currency rate at the time. 

Now I don't know if this setup is for real or not, I consider It's a bit too early to call this foolproof and I certainly don't want my review to persuade you into loosing coins on this one, all I am saying is that it worked for us, it might work for you too.

Hope this helped and finally that they prove to be as real as they advertise to be. Regardless of the outcome, I will keep you posted weekly with further developments with our accounts.

John
kodiak1120

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

This has to be a scam because the price is less than the bitcoins that would be generated in the given timeframe.  For example, they are offering 400 gh/s @ $800/month.  At current network difficulties, that would net you about 2 bitcoins in the first month.  Right now bitcoins are worth about $625 each, so you would net $1,250 from your $800 investment.  Theoretically, I could deposit 1.28 bitcoins with this company, and then withdraw 2 bitcoins in a month.  How can they possibly make money? 
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:03:20 PM

They can't. That is why there are fake posts like the one above yours to try to get people to bite.

Scammers gotta scam.

twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:05:59 PM

If it requires a 3-month contract, they can make money since the rates stay the same.  400 GH/s at $800/month gets sminers $2400 over the 3-month contract, yet only earns $2130 at current estimates, so the customer is out $270.  It's a gamble that's weighted on the company's side.  If BTC goes up, then one could make money.

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/a/799ec8f9a2    (assumes current difficulty increase rates, 400 GH/s and $800/month ($2400 for three month contract).

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
johncmagnet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

They can't. That is why there are fake posts like the one above yours to try to get people to bite.

Scammers gotta scam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnvTjtpyIg
johncmagnet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:22:59 PM

If it requires a 3-month contract, they can make money since the rates stay the same.  400 GH/s at $800/month gets sminers $2400 over the 3-month contract, yet only earns $2130 at current estimates, so the customer is out $270.  It's a gamble that's weighted on the company's side.  If BTC goes up, then one could make money.

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/a/799ec8f9a2    (assumes current difficulty increase rates, 400 GH/s and $800/month ($2400 for three month contract).

1. It does not require a 3 month contract.
2. I don't know what their business model is but I know that Butterfly Labs is selling 300 GH/s cards at 1,497$ when just yesterday I have clicked on a banner of theirs selling 100 GH/s for a thousand eighty something dollars with delivery on May.
3. Bitmain is offering their miner at 1.45 BTC  https://www.bitmaintech.com/product.htm with delivery on the 28th of this month. I saw videos on youtube about overclocking it to 200 GH/s. That means about 4.5 $/ GH, and YOU OWN  the hardware. (They are not selling this with a loss)

My opinion is that selling the GH at 2$/month, without ever owning the equipment seems like a feasible business model, considering we don't know how much they paid for the thing or how much the BTC/USD rate will be the next minute, or the next day, or month. Personally I have got into the Bitcoin a couple of weeks ago, when it was around 730$. What BTC minig calculator would you recommend for me if I were to go back in time?

John 
James222

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Wassup?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

You registered today, not 30 min ago, just to post a positive review about a suspect company. I call bs.

i second that  Wink

I third that Wink
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

1. It does not require a 3 month contract.
2. I don't know what their business model is but I know that Butterfly Labs is selling 300 GH/s cards at 1,497$ when just yesterday I have clicked on a banner of theirs selling 100 GH/s for a thousand eighty something dollars with delivery on May.
3. Bitmain is offering their miner at 1.45 BTC  https://www.bitmaintech.com/product.htm with delivery on the 28th of this month. I saw videos on youtube about overclocking it to 200 GH/s. That means about 4.5 $/ GH, and YOU OWN  the hardware. (They are not selling this with a loss)

My opinion is that selling the GH at 2$/month, without ever owning the equipment seems like a feasible business model, considering we don't know how much they paid for the thing or how much the BTC/USD rate will be the next minute, or the next day, or month. Personally I have got into the Bitcoin a couple of weeks ago, when it was around 730$. What BTC minig calculator would you recommend for me if I were to go back in time?

John 

Sorry John. Nothing you say will convince me that this is not a scam and you are just a puppet.

There is no company. There are no 2TH machines. This is a scam.

jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:56:57 PM

Can someone with positve trust rating give these shill accounts a negative rating each?

I'd do it but I have 0 trust rating like the 99.999% people here.

James
johncmagnet

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:02:31 AM

There are no 2TH machines.

It's true, there really are no 2TH machines, that's racist. They'd rather you call them miners.

https://www.kncminer.com/products/neptune-second-batch
http://blackminer.com/asic-bitcoin-miner/black-miner-tower-base-unit-1-2-ths/
http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths-networked-miner-january-soldout/
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:14:03 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 05:06:50 PM by Gamer67

None of them have shipped yet you plank !

How the fuck do these guys have 42TH worth of machines.

Keep digging your grave. You make this far too easy. You are a scamming cocksucker.

johncmagnet

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:37:25 AM

Your girlfriend cheating on you made you edgy and paranoid. Maybe you should listen to your mother and do the penis enlargement operation. It will give you back your confidence and complete you in ways you cannot imagine, you sorry little man.
jerryh

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:47:27 PM

Hi,

A few days ago simply I searched sminers on google and found this forum and tried to express my situation but I was accused to be a puppet just because it was my first comment in this forum.  but I think all of the members have registered one day and one day was their first participation and it is not the reason to be insulted or accused of.

As I see I'm not the only one who post a positive review and get insulted!

I really don't want and didn't want to support or recommend anything just I wanted to share my experience , it is not the reason to be insulted . I have an account with sminers and so far they have given a good support and I'm satisfied with the result. I would invite other sminers members to register, put their comment and share your experience with others so the situation would be more clear and not to be afraid of being accused of being a newbie !

and others,... we can talk together ... we can discuss ... we can be against each other's opinion but why insulting ?
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:54:14 PM

Bullshit.

You are a scammer.

Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:10:19 AM

Just doing a quick google map search on the location advertised on their site brings up a building that is under construction and located in a port.

Nordre Nostekaien 1
5011 Bergen
NORWAY

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, the building I live in is a big hole in the ground on Google maps.

Not saying this isn't a scam though, about 95% of these sites are scams.

Also, as for the new account. There was a time when newbies only had very limited forum access to prevent this sort of thing. Don't expect anyone to believe you unless you put in some time here because shill accounts are very common.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:06:26 AM

Just doing a quick google map search on the location advertised on their site brings up a building that is under construction and located in a port.

Nordre Nostekaien 1
5011 Bergen
NORWAY

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, the building I live in is a big hole in the ground on Google maps.

Not saying this isn't a scam though, about 95% of these sites are scams.

Also, as for the new account. There was a time when newbies only had very limited forum access to prevent this sort of thing. Don't expect anyone to believe you unless you put in some time here because shill accounts are very common.

Well said... lots of people have been getting scammed of late (group buys, shady websites, etc). All we really have at this point is the community to watch out, some of us are over cautionary and others not cautionary enough. The fake reviews are pretty easy to spot, but some people are getting slick with these types of "hey have you bought from xyz" and then a shill posts another "yeah, I have and...".  It's good to have people watching out for one another here. 

BitChrisUK

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:29:45 PM

What makes it a scam? It isn't unbelievably cheap?

Not certain if you'll even make your money back
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:24:43 PM

What makes it a scam? It isn't unbelievably cheap?

Not certain if you'll even make your money back

One Ghs on Cex.io is 0.244 at the moment which means approximatively 13$

3$ is low enough to make a profit, you can pay higher than 3$ and still make a profit if you can sell the Ghs for a high price. I am selling my antminer 1.6Ghs and I received an offer at 80€=110$ which means 1Ghs=69$

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: