Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:35:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Reverses Cryptocurrency Ad Ban Amidst Rumors of a Coinbase Acquisition  (Read 189 times)
Kapyong (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

Writer

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:16:43 AM

Gday all Smiley

From BitCoin Magazine :
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/facebook-reverses-cryptocurrency-ad-ban-amidst-rumors-coinbase-acquisition/

Facebook has reversed its blanket ban on cryptocurrency ads and will now allow pre-approved crypto businesses to advertise. However, ICOs and binary options will still be prohibited from the platform.

In a published blog post, Facebook Product Management Director Rob Leathern said the company has refined the policy and will now "allow ads that promote cryptocurrency and related content from pre-approved advertisers."...

Probably good news for BTC

Kapyong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodalton

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:51:52 PM

Indeed a great news for the crypto currency investors. I was quite worried when they announced the ban as Facebook has millions of users. I thought the ban might become loss for the market. However, I'm very happy that unveil it. A lot of people will get to know different crypto currencies now and I hope they will show interest in it seeing its different features and advantages. Besides, this may also bring positivism to great extent.
tailor.and

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:02:23 PM

A great new! I hope now the investors will get attracted to it and the demand may get increase which may rise the price of crypto currency. SO, fingers crossed for this.
Kapyong (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

Writer

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:53:08 PM

Yup,
BTC jumped up nearly 10% yesterday - hoping for further rises with this news.

Kapyong
Outsider07

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 07:13:52 PM

Yes it is a good news for the whole industry. I guess, promotion of crypto will grow up more that will surely raise the acceptance of crypto in common people. Thus there is a huge opportunity of growing this sector.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:24:28 PM

Facebook has banned ICOs and cryptocurrency advertisement from their platform back in January.

The recent news coming that the Facebook will reverse its ICO and cryptocurrency ban and the company will now allow some preapproved advertisers to promote crypto businesses and services like exchanges.

Facebook seems interested and initiated to think the crypto craze is at least somewhat legit. The company started its own internal blockchain team earlier this year
(Source: https://www.recode.net/2018/5/8/17329696/facebook-blockchain-crypocurrency-david-marcus-crypto-messenger-app)  to explore the technology that is being used as the foundation for all cryptocurrencies.

btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:35:55 PM

This is the kind of news we are all waiting for, big big companies joining the blockchain revolution. Bitcoin and everything else is going to pump, the start of the bull run is close!

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
PhantasmRisk

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:12:47 PM

That's cool! I hope this create a positive impression in the market. As Facebook is a giant
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:35:00 PM

This is the kind of news we are all waiting for, big big companies joining the blockchain revolution. Bitcoin and everything else is going to pump, the start of the bull run is close!
This news is 6 days old. To think Facebook reversing their ruling on cryptocurrency advertisements can have an impact on the market is a foolish thought. People who are holding, selling, daily trading Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies do not follow what social sites are doing to cryptocurrency. Some new comers and weak hand might be affected but otherwise it's just not something that has big impact on Bitcoin.

samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:01:45 PM

if facebook ban cryptocurrency or not many rumors are spread everyday regarding this issue, in this topic my advice will be wait until the authorities announce anything officially, and of course we all hope they removed the ban over it.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:28:53 PM

Yes certainly a good news. Facebook is one of the most popular social sites. I think if we can place our crypto ads in facebook then we can expect to restore people's trust on this.
spicybanana

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:35:16 PM

Of course it is a good news for bitcoin. Although Facebook is not as influential as it used to be but there are still a lot of people using it. People will get to know more about Bitcoin through social medias.
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:14:38 PM

Gday all Smiley

From BitCoin Magazine :
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/facebook-reverses-cryptocurrency-ad-ban-amidst-rumors-coinbase-acquisition/

Facebook has reversed its blanket ban on cryptocurrency ads and will now allow pre-approved crypto businesses to advertise. However, ICOs and binary options will still be prohibited from the platform.

In a published blog post, Facebook Product Management Director Rob Leathern said the company has refined the policy and will now "allow ads that promote cryptocurrency and related content from pre-approved advertisers."...

Probably good news for BTC

Kapyong

That's nothing tbh . Facebook ads are all New ICO's and scams getting spammed . That's only ruining the image of bitcoin not helping it grow. The price surged today because of the coinbase  news and nothing to do with facebook. Infact i hoped they kept it banned.
theyoungmillionaire007

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:20:24 PM

I heard the news before. Nowadays facebook is a word most popular social networking site. For this reason many people are using this site. If facebook accept cryptos ads then people will know more about this market and influence to invest on this market.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:22:29 PM

Recently the market of cryptocurrency is facing a dip as the high demand has increased the prices discouraging investors to invest. But with proper marketing plan it can be fixed. If properly promoted on social media more people will know, new investors will invest in the market and the flow of the coins will be back to normal.
cryptounintended

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:35:37 PM

Good news. All this strengthens the trust in cryptocurrencies. Maybe they want to make their own cryptocurrency on Facebook? what do you think?
cryptohobbs7

Activity: 391

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:17:46 AM

Such a matter of joy that the product management director of facebook Mr. Rob Leathern has declared that from now on facebook will allow ads that promotes the cryptocurrency and also those contents which are co-related.
F$m@nia

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:28:04 AM

But this news didn't impact the prices of Bitcoin much. As according to a survey less than two percent traffic is generated by social sites.
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:59:23 AM

This is great news.  Hopefully the other big corporations google and twitter will also remove the advertising ban with cryptocurrency and bitcoin in the future.
ClarenceDo

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:13:44 AM

I think that's a great news. As Facebook unbanned the ads of cryptocurrency, so they will be more exposure of cryptocurrency. More people will be interested to invest on cryptos.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: