Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what ever happened to bitbills  (Read 2025 times)
ampirebus (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 05:14:41 AM

last i heard people made orders and the guy has been AWOL for a month or months now. He had a long explanation about why there was a backorder but I haven't seen anything so please enlighten me
 Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 02:20:08 PM

I wonder if he has any bitbills left over and, if taking and fulfilling orders is the problem, if he'd let me sell his.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2011, 03:38:21 AM

I wonder if he has any bitbills left over and, if taking and fulfilling orders is the problem, if he'd let me sell his.

Doug (a la bitbills) is working on bringing things back up...he has revamped his website in preparation for taking new orders. I have a bunch of bitbills, but I got them mostly as collectors items...(same as my awesome casascius coins)...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 03:41:16 AM

me too waiting for bitbills , bought casascius coins now waiting to buy bitbills
llama

Activity: 103
Merit: 61

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 06:57:36 PM

Yep, we're still around. We do have a few outstanding backorders, but we've mostly caught up. Some people are also missing their bitbills because we required signature on the delivery, and they weren't around to sign and they were ultimately returned to us. We are contacting those people as we get their bitbills back.

As always, if you have a question about your individual order, please email us at support@bitbills.com or feel free to PM me.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 07:00:37 PM

Yep, we're still around. We do have a few outstanding backorders, but we've mostly caught up. Some people are also missing their bitbills because we required signature on the delivery, and they weren't around to sign and they were ultimately returned to us. We are contacting those people as we get their bitbills back.

As always, if you have a question about your individual order, please email us at support@bitbills.com or feel free to PM me.

so why won't you be honest about whats been going on?  you've said a few times that you'd be back online months ago but it hasn't happened.
ampirebus (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 04:00:01 PM

right, i would suggest EVERYONE here stay away from bitbills or any company that does not make public announcements on their "company web site" (i put this in quotes because no address/phone # is available yet they are selling prepaid monetary cards) , let alone directly contact customers who have sent them money and not received products or updates. ive gotten better service from 15 year olds on craigslist selling used video games than bit bills gives to their customers... its appaulling and until i see a phone #, real person, and physical address listed i'm not forking over anything to them... especially to not make any posting on the official bitbills site in months, thats amateur hour personified if not an outright direct scam, even posted on 9/1/2011 "new site and new features"

apparently none of those new features are sending products paid for by customers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: