Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:54:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50BTC on a wrecked HDD being sold at a Polish auction site  (Read 3419 times)
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:50:38 AM

Robert Lewandowski needs more Bitcoins. Totally bidding
Mivexil (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:47:47 AM

He also mentions he was an early miner.

If I were the seller, I'd probably do the same (just put it on international EBay instead). I mean, he gets some sure money out of it (255zl ~= 80 USD at the time of writing), and he can't recover it himself - either he has indeed tried every possibility, or is just a noob who doesn't know professional recovery services exist / doesn't have the money to pay them upfront.

I'd bet on the latter, but I don't have $80 + $400+ + international shipping to Seagate either.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:09:27 PM

He also mentions he was an early miner.

If I were the seller, I'd probably do the same (just put it on international EBay instead). I mean, he gets some sure money out of it (255zl ~= 80 USD at the time of writing), and he can't recover it himself - either he has indeed tried every possibility, or is just a noob who doesn't know professional recovery services exist / doesn't have the money to pay them upfront.

I'd bet on the latter, but I don't have $80 + $400+ + international shipping to Seagate either.

price is around 250zł, but there is still 10 more day to finish his auction.

Anyway, I have few broken HDD around, I will do what he did Smiley and sell them in a good price Tongue
Just need to have broken old HDD - then just post that there was 10000BTC, I mined in 2008.

Smiley and HDD that was a trash becomes a stab of gold Tongue
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:15:05 PM

I reckon the seller is just trying his luck here. Even if there was anything on it you're unlikely to get it back.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

Oferty wycofane przez Sprzedającego

Powód

Dysk udało się odczytać

He rescinded they buyers' offers so it looks like someone contacted him and helped him read the HDD.

Signature space available for rent.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 02:55:19 PM

or he was just too afraid to sell his bullshit Smiley

He got so many PM's that he knew that there are people who will recover his ALL data from the drive, and then they will know that there was no any BTC wallet Smiley

Option 2 - he realy recover it  Smiley
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:08:40 PM

He got so many PM's that he knew that there are people who will recover his ALL data from the drive, and then they will know that there was no any BTC wallet Smiley

Option 2 - he realy recover it  Smiley
I dont believe he recovered it, my guess would be option 1. Got some questions about proof, his address. If the hd failed most likely there's something wrong with the head, maybe electronics, all of this can be repaired at home, you just need replacement parts from the same model and a clean box like this:
Just pick up the HD from his house, remove the plates and put it in a working shell of another drive. If he lied go back and make heam eat it Cheesy

Lessons to learn:
Don't scam, make wallet copies regularly.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 03:46:39 PM

Option 2 - he realy recover it  Smiley
I dont believe he recovered it, my guess would be option 1. Got some questions about proof, his address. If the hd failed most likely there's something wrong with the head, maybe electronics, all of this can be repaired at home, you just need replacement parts from the same model and a clean box like this:
Just pick up the HD from his house, remove the plates and put it in a working shell of another drive. If he lied go back and make heam eat it Cheesy

Lessons to learn:
Don't scam, make wallet copies regularly.

Yep. Good for him that he realized that he s scummer :-)
He would get innto trouble if sell hdd and someone wont find any wallet

Good for him...

He wont have to eat it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: