Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feminism : A valid cause?  (Read 513 times)
Mobeecryptotech (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:39:19 AM

In societies, women believe they've been oppressed hence the need to advocate for the feminist movement. But it has been shown that women benefit from the patriarchal society they claim to be fighting against (e.g Ladies expect the man to be the breadwinner)  when feminism stands for the equality of both sexes.
I would like to know your thoughts on this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
Merited by guybrushthreepwood (1)

You are mistaking two things my friend.
It is one thing to choose to live a certain way and another to not have a choice.

If women want to live in a patriarchal society, that is their rightful choice, but if they don't, that should be respected and not forced on to them.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:38:46 PM
Merited by Foxpup (6)

The first wave of feminism was all about equality ie they wanted the same rights as men - to be able to vote etc, and I see nothing wrong with the equality of the sexes in regards to rights. Modern day feminism often gets hijacked and corrupted by the internet and tumblr feminists and trolls though which can sour the cause to many I find, but as long as it's still about equality them I'm all for it.

In societies, women believe they've been oppressed hence the need to advocate for the feminist movement. But it has been shown that women benefit from the patriarchal society they claim to be fighting against (e.g Ladies expect the man to be the breadwinner)  when feminism stands for the equality of both sexes.

You're making the error of grouping all women into one group that want the same things, which obviously isn't the case, just like all men don't want the same things. There are some women who are happy to stay at home and be a housekeeper and raise children all their life and that's pretty much it, whereas there are women who want a career or to start their own business etc, but what path they choose should be there's and nothing should ever be forced or expected of them, just like it shouldn't be for men. If a man wants to stay at home and look after the kids instead of going to work then there shouldn't be anything wrong with that or any shame in it either. Of course, some women will benefit from the expected system that they're meant to stay at home if they're happy to do that, but not if that's not what they want. Luckily a lot of countries have moved past that expectation but there are still some countries and cultures that lag behind where women are pretty much expected to stay at home and cook and clean and I don't think that's right if they don't have any say in the matter.
Adebisi74

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:28:23 AM

i think it is a good cause but there is more to it than equal rights. man and woman are equal so far they are both human being. however, to my little understanding, there is quiet difference between rights, privileges and responsibility. let take for example, spoon, knife and fork are all cutlery but with different functions. it will be absurd and derogatory for knife to contest for the duty of fork and vice visa. same applies to man and woman. where re physically meant for different roles aside societal norms. naturally women have ability to nurture than men that is why they are endowed with breast milk. so, the problem is the inability of accepting our roles.
#QUERY#
is it not hypocritical for the so called feminist to be silent on the issue of women dancing nude in music videos while there counterpart are well covered? what is more denigratory to womanhood than this?
Moreen_ico

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:31:29 AM

The few feminist are already at lost,I do not believe in  equality but respect for each other is invaluable. A woman is a man's help mate and it should be taken like that.
lockes007

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:27:01 AM

Social and development policies are always designed with an advantage to the female over the male gender yet males are expected to be the breadwinner in households,pay for dates and be successful financially in a society that is increasingly programmed to favor the female gender. There is an advocacy for gender equality yet these same activists and the female gender themselves shirk these responsibilities and roles the advocate.
So would you say it is valid to continue to promote a cause which the stakeholders themselves are not acting in line with?
Philip Ruby

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:32:40 AM

Women have always been more equal than men. Not feminists think for some reason that it would be good to downgrade women and make them equal with men. For me this is a mystery.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

Feminism, during its first wave, is all about women empowerment. However, during its current wave or what we call, fourth wave, feminism is all about gender equality since women are already empowered. And if women of today wants an empowerment, they do not ask anymore for it, they are now asking for dominance because they are already empowered. But if their cause is about gender equality, then it is valid and acceptable. Feminism is advocating for a world that gives an equal opportunity to all of the genders since feminists believes that in a workplace, no one should be discriminated. They believe that all genders are capable of doing work.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:48:29 PM

No. Nowadays, there ar several issues regarding how men are violated and abuse. Like, men are always the ones who are accounted because of deprive women, but if you look closely its the woman intention to abuse the men, but because of feminism, they are the ones who are defendend with. We should practice gender equity wherein both genders are considerably safe against violence and abuse.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

Somehow it is a valid cause as it is indeed happening that women were oppressed in the society. Women were seen as an object and makes them worthless per se. It is just right to fight for something that cause harm to someone. The thing is that feminism is sometimes overused in many situations. That's were it became an invalid reason to take. Women always fights for equality yet they're still complaining when a man didn't let a woman be sitted un his place. That's when they reached beyond the limit of using feminism.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:13:19 PM

Femenism is far from the one that was originally, many women and girls for femenizm but they really don't know what it means. There are a lot of videos where feminists can not formulate the reasons for which they are for feminism, it seems that they are simply bored or someone manipulates them. I do not think that the world needs femenism, without taking into account countries where women are not considered as people, where women do not have basic rights. But this is part of their religion and I don't think that some kind of feminism in another country will be able to help them.
Vsamuel

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:47:59 PM

Empowering women to achieve that which society believes only men can achieve is indeed a worthy and valid cause.  To empower a woman is not an easy task.  It requires self discipline else you might take advantage of their vulnerability and make them useless in the effect.
 Employ the right source of resource to achieve the desirable effect you wish to see in the woman you wish to empower.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:23:15 AM

Feminism is defined  as 'the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes'. How anyone can object to that is just bizarre, although as has rightly been pointed out already, it can be a touchy (get it?) subject for those who see it as over compensation. Why should a woman earn as much as me when I still have to pick up the tab at dinner? Why should I open the door for a lady, they should be opening doors for me? I don't believe the pay gap is a real thing, it's the choice of career that has the most impact. Women can't do the job I do, it's too demanding. Plenty more where those came from too. Progress is being made, but it will be a slow burner, and there will always be people at both extremes who will never be happy.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:24:23 PM

feminism does stand for the equality of both sexes. but it has been over worked so much. its become almost a battle and trying to prove that women are enough and can do enough. and now most make fun of the term feminism all because its over worked and over done and women need to be above everything.
Beli99

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:11:00 AM

Their si no valid cause for feminism in europe ,i think that group of womens are frustraded haters of straight mans that try to push all those sick genders as normal ,but its not normal and it has to be classified as mental disorder....i think a women has all rights in civilazed europe countreys same as man but  looks like some womens try to be man,... its nature girls cant be boys and now days people are mentaly disorderd try to be diffrent sex,try to be dogs, cats and god knows what else its not normal and it would never be not for me       

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Separate_Bass

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:15:14 PM

Everything depends on society. In my country women can receive education, work, and do business in the same way as men. Equal rights and opportunities for all, without exception - that's what we need to achieve.
Because feminism is now in the trend, some ladies abuse this. The fact that you are a woman (or man) does not mean that you should "play this card" all the time.

MileyPeardon

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:18:21 PM

Extreme feminism is obviously the more clickbait and exciting news, but real, to the core, feminism is just equality. Of course, there are many reasons to disagree with extreme feminists, but the core of it is not nearly what a few individuals make it to be.

Feminism started as an extremely valid cause, and for me, there is no need to advocate for it as I feel I am treated extremely fairly in Canada. But in other places in the world, we need feminism movements.
McEdward

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:39:10 PM

Maybe feminism in America is aggressive. Women are very powerful in America and they use that power to frighten men. It is not easy in the USA or Canada to date a colleague. You never know what will follow up. I think men should be nice to women. Men should help them at work if needed and in life. But in most of the cases, women are smarter than men. They actually do not need our help. They just want to live in an equal society. In some countries, women do not have the right to drive or to talk in front of men. This is wrong. In that case, women should fight for their right. In other cases, when women abuse their prerogatives, well the result is terrible. They have no husbands or boyfriends and they end up sad. I believe we should support each other and help women/men whenever they need our support.
Nicholson55

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

Maybe feminism in America is aggressive. Women are very powerful in America and they use that power to frighten men. It is not easy in the USA or Canada to date a colleague. You never know what will follow up. I think men should be nice to women. Men should help them at work if needed and in life. But in most of the cases, women are smarter than men. They actually do not need our help. They just want to live in an equal society. In some countries, women do not have the right to drive or to talk in front of men. This is wrong. In that case, women should fight for their right. In other cases, when women abuse their prerogatives, well the result is terrible. They have no husbands or boyfriends and they end up sad. I believe we should support each other and help women/men whenever they need our support.
It can be difficult to date women in the USA or Canada, but there's no need to give up hope. I think that aggressive feminists probably have the most problems. I have dated women in the USA and in Canada and I have found many women who don't have any issues like that. I think it's funny that "feminist" is the word used to describe a person that wants equality between the sexes. Women are in the root of the word. Isn't that sexist in and of itself? It seems like some feminists act as it they should actually have more rights, that men should suffer for "what they've done wrong".
Tobyelphs

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:23:35 PM

Feminists don't understand that the genders differ. They want everything and everybody to be equal. Thankfuly there aren't many of them in societies.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: