Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin gets mass adopted, must we use our mobiles to buy?  (Read 644 times)
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 07:45:39 PM

Leveraging both cold storage and a hot wallet as I do now.

A large majority of my funds are in cold storage, with a small percentage being in a hot wallet, for daily use.
It's the same risk you take with keeping fiat cash in your wallet w/ the risk of it being stolen.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fattycoins

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:43:42 AM

it could be really wonderful if we could come up with a solution .In a time when credit cards were not common people were skeptical about it .I think if we are careful and can secure our ether wallet this could be made possible
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:17:07 AM

why MUST? you can use any device you like
You can use any device, of course. Good luck with copying out the address while standing in front of cashier. In my opinion, QR codes are the best choice for now.
QR codes is the best safe for now I agree with that, compared to sending cryptocurrency which is used as payment system using wallet will have a slow process.
with mass adoption there might be specialized devices sold,including plastic cryptocards or mobile deviced designed to store/exchange/sell cryptocurrencies
Actually, there are services which allow you to top up your payment card with bitcoins which are automatically exchanged to any fiat while paying. I don't see any point in using a mere piece of plastic when we can simply scan a QR code or make use of NFC which becomes more and more popular in modern smartphones.
With QR code only takes a few seconds, when we scan the barcode to the payment system then automatically cryptocurrency will be sent well, no need to think we send to the wrong wallet address.
mfyilmaz

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:26:53 AM

The most absurd thing about bitcoin haters is that they are somehow saying "its not 100% safe" but to be honest its a lot safer and more secure than any other system we have including credit cards and stuff... you just have to know how to use it properly and as somebody already said just use 2 wallets one cold storage for your funds and one hot wallet for your daily dispenses... thats the best way to go I guess...
Fedorof

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

Now the processing of payment systems related to the fingerprint is underway, I think in the future, taking into account the progress, it will be possible to pay both mobile and even for hours that would not be bad at all) The main thing is that it would be safe)
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:50:08 AM

I think introduction  hardware wallets designed for mobiles is a matter of time. When bitcoin reach mass adoption mobile companies will definitely go for such modifications to win the market over the competition. E-Cards are another great solution for this which we can already see.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:54:01 PM

Some companies are considering releasing new smartphones with built-in hardware wallets, or, there are apps which you can install on your phone to store some cryptos there. Like this, for instance: https://www.coindesk.com/huawei-to-offer-first-crypto-wallet-app-in-latest-smartphones/
Using blockchain wallet app isn't safe, but you can transfer only your daily expenditures, so in case of stealing, or forgetting some important information you won't be losing that much. Maybe there will be something like TREZOR for smartphones.
tulezua

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:39:55 PM

Some companies are considering releasing new smartphones with built-in hardware wallets, or, there are apps which you can install on your phone to store some cryptos there. Like this, for instance: https://www.coindesk.com/huawei-to-offer-first-crypto-wallet-app-in-latest-smartphones/
Using blockchain wallet app isn't safe, but you can transfer only your daily expenditures, so in case of stealing, or forgetting some important information you won't be losing that much. Maybe there will be something like TREZOR for smartphones.
This is an interesting topic, as we pay Bitcoin over my phone as an ATM card scanner for example. Will lead the trend when inventors of this type of business.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:31:14 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 10:55:00 AM by veleten

This is an interesting topic, as we pay Bitcoin over my phone as an ATM card scanner for example. Will lead the trend when inventors of this type of business.

paying for something with a scanner on your phone is old news
here we are talking about specialized devices,created specifically to manage cryptos
they should have at minimum two intrinsic qualities:
1.be secure,not something that can be easily broken into or hacked
2.be specializing on cryptos only,without any(or many) other functions
so far,phones are dominating the market,since one of the human main needs is communication,well and entertainment
code scanners,wallets etc. come as an addition to the main functions of the phone or a device

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Harz58

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

I believe that through mass adoption lots of people will make use of their smartphones to transact Bitcoins. Moreover,there is an article I read that explains that using smartphones for crypto transactions is safer than using pc. The idea of mass adoption is for lots of people if not almost everyone to make use of Bitcoin in their transactional activities. So there is every probability that smartphones will be the primary tool for dealing Bitcoins. Some companies are even considering building in-app crypto wallets on their smartphones.
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 07:13:31 AM

I'm locking this thread because I think there is no much to add to the discussion, and I’m my opinion, the most useful answer was the second post on the thread:

This is what works for me. I have blockchain app installed in my phone. My cold wallet is Ledger neno S. Depending on my expenses, I transfer my BTC from my cold wallet to my blockchain app.

It's like how we do for the fiat money. The concept is, I have money in my bank. When I need money - I take off some money and carry it with me in my wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: