Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:50:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual box  (Read 109 times)
mi2018 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:53:16 PM

my question is, what does virtual box really do?
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

Virtual Box is a virtualization application. Navigate to the running OS (Operating System) inside the OS. Suppose our computer already has Linux, then we will find various servers such as Windows or 2003. So that we do not bother, use virtualization applications. You can run other OS like normal apps. In one virtual machine, we can run many other OS.
pebwindkraft

Activity: 257
Merit: 343

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:02:35 PM

Virtual Box is a software, that allows to emulate a PC within your PC. It is extremly useful for development, e.g. having Mac OSX and then get it Linux or OPenBSD installed inside Virtual Box.
Inside this operating system you can then play with many different tools or wallets, and best thing is you can have several virtual machines in parallel, so you can even setup your own little data center, to verify communication between systems.
So yes, very useful for bitcoin development.
More info on virtul box here: https://www.virtualbox.org/
net cat

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:30:47 PM

VirtualBox is software that simulates a computer's physical hardware. You can install any operating system you want onto it. People often install windows onto it, then install new untrusted software to test it. Any virus in the new software theoretically remains safely quarantined in virtualbox's simulated computer, although there are some caveats.

If you intend to use virtualbox for virus protection first research how to configure it, and check out all its caveats.
mi2018 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

Virtual Box is a virtualization application. Navigate to the running OS (Operating System) inside the OS. Suppose our computer already has Linux, then we will find various servers such as Windows or 2003. So that we do not bother, use virtualization applications. You can run other OS like normal apps. In one virtual machine, we can run many other OS.
thank you for your clarification
mi2018 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

VirtualBox is software that simulates a computer's physical hardware. You can install any operating system you want onto it. People often install windows onto it, then install new untrusted software to test it. Any virus in the new software theoretically remains safely quarantined in virtualbox's simulated computer, although there are some caveats.

If you intend to use virtualbox for virus protection first research how to configure it, and check out all its caveats.
thank you, for your clarification, I did know that I can use for virus protection
mi2018 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:55:02 PM

Virtual Box is a software, that allows to emulate a PC within your PC. It is extremly useful for development, e.g. having Mac OSX and then get it Linux or OPenBSD installed inside Virtual Box.
Inside this operating system you can then play with many different tools or wallets, and best thing is you can have several virtual machines in parallel, so you can even setup your own little data center, to verify communication between systems.
So yes, very useful for bitcoin development.
More info on virtul box here: https://www.virtualbox.org/
thank you for your clarification, real enlightenment answer for my problem
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: