Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Tokens in MEW?  (Read 171 times)
hesham51 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:48:33 PM

Recently I have received tokens in MEW which I never ask and never participate with them,these tokens are valueless and aren't not listed in any Exchange!!!!!
Tokens such:EDUX ,Dove,and HEALP.
What they are for?

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:56:22 PM

Some tokens like HEALP and BOBx are promo tokens given by ICO projects to certain people who met certain conditions and requirements such as the amount of ETH in their wallet, which has a corresponding value in their promo tokens. These promo tokens, just like what you have said is worthless in exchanges, but is very valuable if you are an investor. These promo tokens give a +5% bonus for your investment during the ICO token sale.
hesham51 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:00:52 PM

Some tokens like HEALP and BOBx are promo tokens given by ICO projects to certain people who met certain conditions and requirements such as the amount of ETH in their wallet, which has a corresponding value in their promo tokens. These promo tokens, just like what you have said is worthless in exchanges, but is very valuable if you are an investor. These promo tokens give a +5% bonus for your investment during the ICO token sale.
How can I know for which ICO these promo tokens?
mihacrypto

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:03:17 PM

Also came tokens HEALP in the amount of 911 pieces, where they also do not understand, but the contract looked at their transactions on 4000 thousand pages. Someone probably have nothing to do

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn     _____________   Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone   ____________    YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:03:51 PM

Recently I have received tokens in MEW which I never ask and never participate with them,these tokens are valueless and aren't not listed in any Exchange!!!!!
What they are for?

They are someones lazy attempt at marketing their project, they are worthless tokenspam. I treat anyone who uses this method the same as I would any of the marketers
who send me spam emails, I never no business with them and bad mouth them and their project at every opportunity.

thiendaicat

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:06:57 PM

What they are for?

The same to me. Really annoying me, someone can guide me to remove them from my wallet. thank you
Flamebellow

Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

Sometimes we can receive promo tokens from bounties we participated . Some tokens could be airdropped to ETH holders , so if you hold some amount of ethereum on your MEW , you can receive such type of airdrops from time to time , you don't need to fill up any forms to receive it , all you need is to have a required minimum amount of ETH on your wallet.

hesham51 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:11:50 PM

What they are for?

They are someones lazy attempt at marketing their project, they are worthless tokenspam. I treat anyone who uses this method the same as I would any of the marketers
who send me spam emails, I never no business with them and bad mouth them and their project at every opportunity.
Do they pay for sending these pieces to all these wallet? Or do they cause troubles for the blockchain?
Soniapanesar

Activity: 42
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:12:18 PM

Hold them, if they get listed on exchanges, then you can sell it. No need of tension
Cean

Activity: 807
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:15:02 PM

As far as I know there are 2 types of scenarios.

First, probably someone is bored and sends money out to people. Maybe they want people to be happy and make them happy. Will worthless money make anyone happy, though?

Secondly, they send to the addresses in batch for marketing purposes. In fact, this is similar to AirDrop, but on this one they have you research it.

Correct me if wrong.
Lucky-marsik

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:15:47 PM

I once tokens called SCAM came, thought all my my MyEthetWallet hacked. Just as the day began to write about the hacks turned out to be just what the people doing shit

hesham51 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

Hold them, if they get listed on exchanges, then you can sell it. No need of tension
In this industry nobody would give you tokens without doing any thing for him.
hesham51 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

As far as I know there are 2 types of scenarios.

First, probably someone is bored and sends money out to people. Maybe they want people to be happy and make them happy. Will worthless money make anyone happy, though?

Secondly, they send to the addresses in batch for marketing purposes. In fact, this is similar to AirDrop, but on this one they have you research it.

Correct me if wrong.
I'm with the second scenario  Wink
DaryaDancova

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:24:35 PM

I think you need to wait a bit and there will be more information about these tokens. Surely, the developers will come up with something interesting, since this is the first time I see this.
LowBrain

Activity: 631
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

In this industry nobody would give you tokens without doing any thing for him.
I'm agree with you. Lots of airdrops and bounty campaign don't sent theirs tokens, when you have participated telegram, facebook, twitter. But somebody send free money, i don't think.
javadsalehi

Merit: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:33:10 PM

I think you need to wait a bit and there will be more information about these tokens. Surely, the developers will come up with something interesting, since this is the first time I see this.

Do not hope this to happen. I have personally received many of these tokens. They are really useless and will remain useless forever.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

It's called airdrops, don't get confused because those tokens will most likely won't worth a dime, most of them are just done to make advertisments about pre-existing tokens, and are not even meant to giveaway useful tokens to potential users.

MEW is set up to show by default all the tokens that you have above zero balance- which means that if someone decides to credit you a token- no matter if it's a spam token or if it's a legit airdrop, it will show up in your wallet and you will be able to use  the tokens.
You can change this setting by removing the this auto-checkbox and making only pre-selected tokens to appear in your wallet.

matthewio

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:45:36 PM

I think they are just promo tokens and they are useless. Much like when INS distributed some INSPr to all who hold certain amount  of  ETH. It is senseless  really since they are worthless
matthewio

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:50:52 PM

Do not hope this to happen. I have personally received many of these tokens. They are really useless and will remain useless forever.
Yes, INSPr for example  mentioned  their in a publication that they are useless and cannot be exchanges for cash or for INS. I just hope there is a way we can prevent such unsolicited tokens from entering wallets, they usually pass the spam filter. It is annoying having useless stuffs clogging  your walkets
hesham51 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:34:10 PM

Yes, INSPr for example  mentioned  their in a publication that they are useless and cannot be exchanges for cash or for INS. I just hope there is a way we can prevent such unsolicited tokens from entering wallets, they usually pass the spam filter. It is annoying having useless stuffs clogging  your walkets
to stop receiving such spam we can't do anything, but we hope that the developer of ethruem network make intervention and stop or minimize these tokens Huh
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: