Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC in person cash in hand.  (Read 916 times)
Anr2889 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:49:02 PM

Buying all the btc you would like to sell willing to travel up to 500 miles from this zip code 17815. Please have a min if 10 coins per 100 miles (ie if you're 200 miles away have 20 btc to sell).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:06:56 AM

what rate? follow 80 west for 250 miles and you're right down the road from me

Anr2889 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

Bitstamp +3% work for you? I will pay for travel.
The Observer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:48:43 AM

Buying all the btc you would like to sell willing to travel up to 500 miles from this zip code 17815. Please have a min if 10 coins per 100 miles (ie if you're 200 miles away have 20 btc to sell).

Fast way to get arrested, maybe you missed that FInCen made this illegal and people have been getting arrested in police stings all across the country all week long.

Not smart guys.
Maui

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:15:49 AM

Fast way to get arrested, maybe you missed that FInCen made this illegal and people have been getting arrested in police stings all across the country all week long.

Not smart guys.

Sources...?

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:32:25 AM

Not smart guys.

police stings for what? buying and selling something that isnt illegal? going to need to back up some of these frivolous claims
The Observer

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:54:18 AM

Not smart guys.

police stings for what? buying and selling something that isnt illegal? going to need to back up some of these frivolous claims

Police stings for operating an illegal money transmittal business, face to face transactions for over $300 usd. ( http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/pdf/20140130.pdf ) <-- there is your "back up" read both documents. As of feb 4th, Florida just made national news for 2 major stings from two guys from local bitcoin who showed up to sell bitcoin in person.

Owning and mining bitcoin is not illegal, using it to purchase goods is not illegal, converting bitcoin in access of $300usd to fiat.... VERY ILLEGAL as of Feb. 4th.
The Observer

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:58:50 AM

To make it more clear in case you do not get through the documents, here is a direct quote copied and pasted from the new law.

"The guidance makes clear that an administrator or exchanger of convertible virtual currencies that (1) accepts and transmits a convertible virtual currency or (2) buys or sells convertible virtual currency in exchange for currency of legal tender or another convertible virtual currency for any reason (including when intermediating between a user and a seller of goods or services the user is purchasing on the user’s behalf) is a money transmitter under FinCEN's regulations, unless a limitation to or exemption from the definition applies to the person. The guidance also makes clear that “a user who obtains convertible virtual currency and uses it to purchase real or virtual goods or services is not an MSB under FinCEN's regulations. ” FinCEN understands your letter to amount to a request to elaborate on this last statement in the specific context of a user that obtains the convertible virtual currency Bitcoin by mining ." "

By definition (trust me i asked my lawyer) operating an escrow service is also illegal under this new law.
Anr2889 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:28:10 AM

wow, this is pretty ridiculous.. I guess they have to do something to keep an eye on our money.
CoinGP

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

wow if converting btc to cash is illegal then i dont see much hope for btc. looks like the gov is trying to slowly ban btc. maybe its not such a good idea to get into btc now when i can get screwed for selling it
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:29:50 PM

Not smart guys.

Police stings for operating an illegal money transmittal business, face to face transactions for over $300 usd. ( http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/pdf/20140130.pdf ) <-- there is your "back up" read both documents. As of feb 4th, Florida just made national news for 2 major stings from two guys from local bitcoin who showed up to sell bitcoin in person.

Owning and mining bitcoin is not illegal, using it to purchase goods is not illegal, converting bitcoin in access of $300usd to fiat.... VERY ILLEGAL as of Feb. 4th.

give the link to both "stings" you speak of.
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:32:24 PM

i did a little more research what your saying isnt 100% accurate take a read

One of those very individuals was 30-year-old Michell Abner Espinoza, going by the name ‘Michaelhack’. With a 99 percent positive feedback score, an undercover agent arranged a meeting with Espinoza, and transacted one bitcoin for about $1,000 in an apparent trust-building transaction — high above market value. A higher-stakes deal was then arranged on the order of $30,000, in which the agent told Espizona he wanted get bitcoin to purchase stolen credit card numbers off the web. When Espinoza met with the ‘buyer’ (the agent), he was arrested (Thursday).
Maui

Activity: 487

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:55:22 PM

i did a little more research what your saying isnt 100% accurate take a read

One of those very individuals was 30-year-old Michell Abner Espinoza, going by the name ‘Michaelhack’. With a 99 percent positive feedback score, an undercover agent arranged a meeting with Espinoza, and transacted one bitcoin for about $1,000 in an apparent trust-building transaction — high above market value. A higher-stakes deal was then arranged on the order of $30,000, in which the agent told Espizona he wanted get bitcoin to purchase stolen credit card numbers off the web. When Espinoza met with the ‘buyer’ (the agent), he was arrested (Thursday).

Not only this but Michael also inquired about purchasing fake identity documents, and spoke of evading laws set in place to prevent laundering. He more than incriminated himself. That's what greed gets you. There's nothing wrong with buying and selling BTC. Sticking your foot into shady traps is how people get caught, and that applies to any currency BTC, USD anything.

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
ManInIron

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:19:39 PM

NICE TRY FBI

This is a setup, Seller beware
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:46:16 PM

Not smart guys.

Here's a thread discussing it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456860.0

I'm not gonna read through them again, but if I'm not mistaken, at least 2 of the 3 arrested were both told that the buyer of BTC was interested in illegal CC info, I think one even mentioned the Target heist.
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:18:55 PM

Not smart guys.

Here's a thread discussing it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456860.0

I'm not gonna read through them again, but if I'm not mistaken, at least 2 of the 3 arrested were both told that the buyer of BTC was interested in illegal CC info, I think one even mentioned the Target heist.

i pretty much figured the arrests was more then just a trade of bitcoins for cash thanks for confirming it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: