Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with this site?  (Read 1014 times)
allotech (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

This is really ridiculous, and does NOT need to be this way for ANY reason.  I want to be active on this site, I really do, but with the way it's coded, it's just not possible.

I log on, forgetting my password for the first time.  Oops, have to wait 45 second each time I try with a new password.  How irritating is that?

Great, I logged in.  Time to search for posts about mtgox's downtime.  I hit the search button, type in mtgox, and WTF? It says I searched recently when I didn't.  Fine, I'll wait. 

Finally, after waiting with my thumb up my ass for a minute, I search again, and I get results from years ago that are irrelevant.  Fine, I'll go to advanced search.

I type mtgox in the box, and enter 10 for posts in the last 10 days, and click search. Oops! Can't search more than once every X number of seconds.

I wait another minute, hit search.  Oops! I had my search term in the Google box and not the other box it was supposed to be in.

By now I'm sick of the BS waiting, so after putting my terms in the correct box I go AFK to play a computer game while the timer ticks down. 

When I come back later, I click search.  WTF? I'm not logged in.  Time to start over again.

Fast forward to the time I actually get my search results, I find a thread to reply to to report my experiences with Mtgox.  So I type my reply, and then post.  WTF? It says I can't post more than once every 360 seconds, when I have posted nothing in weeks.

So I wait more than 5 minutes, thumb in my ass again, then I post.  WTF? It says I can't make the same post twice?  But my first one didn't get posted, and now I can't post this one at all. I've had this same issue before and it was hell trying to change the post enough so that it wouldn't trip the filter.  Only one attempt every 5 minutes is possible with that.

So yeah..... Fix your damn site, it's really annoying and I have NO frigging clue how it manages to be this popular with all this BS. 

If this post even went up, it's a miracle, but probably the last one I make.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:32:16 AM

Well, that is the newbie limit. It's meant to prevent spamming, overloading and flooding the forum. Bad luck dude. If you stay active the waiting time will decrease. I also had to went through that stuff, but it's not that bad if you ask me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
allotech (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:38:12 AM

The fact that it only affects new accounts is even more reason to fix it.  These are not restrictions, these are annoyances.

I could sit here and argue, but honestly I am not going to waste any more of my time on this site.  I have information and logs that proves that Mtgox is flat out lying about their reasons for stopping withdrawals.  But since I already got my money, I have no personal reason to be on here anymore, so I guess that makes it "Good luck" instead?  Guess y'all will learn the hard way.  No wonder Bitcoin is shit, as this forum is operated like someone would operate it if they were running a ponzi scheme, subduing its members voices as much as possible.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:41:22 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 09:27:45 AM by bitcoininformation

I disagree with you. It helps against spammers, flooders and more stuff like that. I don't have a problem with the limits, because my activity/post count is so high. But oh well, cya dude. Wink

EDIT:
No wonder Bitcoin is shit, as this forum is operated like someone would operate it if they were running a ponzi scheme, subduing its members voices as much as possible.
Dafuck dude?

EDIT2: Also, you already know why this happens. You asked about this before and people have answered your questions. Click.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

This is really ridiculous, and does NOT need to be this way for ANY reason.  I want to be active on this site, I really do, but with the way it's coded, it's just not possible.

I log on, forgetting my password for the first time.  Oops, have to wait 45 second each time I try with a new password.  How irritating is that?

Great, I logged in.  Time to search for posts about mtgox's downtime.  I hit the search button, type in mtgox, and WTF? It says I searched recently when I didn't.  Fine, I'll wait. 

Finally, after waiting with my thumb up my ass for a minute, I search again, and I get results from years ago that are irrelevant.  Fine, I'll go to advanced search.

I type mtgox in the box, and enter 10 for posts in the last 10 days, and click search. Oops! Can't search more than once every X number of seconds.

I wait another minute, hit search.  Oops! I had my search term in the Google box and not the other box it was supposed to be in.

By now I'm sick of the BS waiting, so after putting my terms in the correct box I go AFK to play a computer game while the timer ticks down. 

When I come back later, I click search.  WTF? I'm not logged in.  Time to start over again.

Fast forward to the time I actually get my search results, I find a thread to reply to to report my experiences with Mtgox.  So I type my reply, and then post.  WTF? It says I can't post more than once every 360 seconds, when I have posted nothing in weeks.

So I wait more than 5 minutes, thumb in my ass again, then I post.  WTF? It says I can't make the same post twice?  But my first one didn't get posted, and now I can't post this one at all. I've had this same issue before and it was hell trying to change the post enough so that it wouldn't trip the filter.  Only one attempt every 5 minutes is possible with that.

So yeah..... Fix your damn site, it's really annoying and I have NO frigging clue how it manages to be this popular with all this BS. 

If this post even went up, it's a miracle, but probably the last one I make.

to prevent people for trying your password every mini second..

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:00:48 AM

Nothing wrong...
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:02:54 AM

It is nothing wrong, and these time limits are set to prevent spamming.

All of us here have survived through the newbie period, and experienced that 360 seconds limit.
In the old days, we even have some newbie restrictions and they are all gone now.

Stop complaining, and be a little bit more patient before making your post...
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:27:04 AM

you need drink green tea. it help

leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:53:10 PM

just relax and don't type your password wrong Smiley..

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:22:29 PM

To prevent spammmm
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:35:02 PM

ohh i can understand your pain, but keep patience and get minimum 15activity that will take atleast 15days , after that you won't feel any such Pain.. but yeah for first few days it too painful .

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:54:07 PM

We need even better restrictions.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Subud!

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:45:19 AM

Why not buy one my accounts? Just 0.04 btc for member status and 0.08 for full member accounts. No restrictions and annoyances. This accounts were created by me. All legit accounts not hacked.
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:58:43 AM

Oh I totally get what you mean. It is one of the most annoying things ever on forums.

Add:
It's funny. I experienced the complaints while I was trying to respond to this thread.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:17:44 AM

Well, that is the newbie limit. It's meant to prevent spamming, overloading and flooding the forum. Bad luck dude. If you stay active the waiting time will decrease. I also had to went through that stuff, but it's not that bad if you ask me.
It's not a newbe limit, it happening to me also. I'm very astonished about this too. I take more care about my inputs, but their rules seem a bit paranoid. I hate Google, and this first search field looks like there is money flowing.

jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:21:50 AM

This is my first post after registration. Now I know about newbee limits
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: