Last edit: May 29, 2016, 09:31:08 PM by BitcoinEXpress

delete
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:15:05 AM

IMHO It's doesn't look like Max dev team has GPU miner prior launch, they get alot of pressure at launch, fail at first day and sources of CPU miner was leaked. This make possible for more professional team or even few teams to have GPU miner prior to launch, BTW, it's wasn't to complicated they just remove few lines from existing keccak miner and they make a profit.
But all this doesn't change anything, most of the miners get nothing, coin wasn't fairly distributed and get dumped. End of story.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
username here

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:50:02 AM

Who cares, it is pretty much dead.  No one wants that garbage.

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:57:45 AM

What is MaxCoin?

MaxCoin (MAX) is an alternative cryptocurrency disrupting the already rather disrupting crypto market.

http://com-http.us/ccdir/max/

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:19:38 AM

Think about it.

It's becoming more and more apparent as time goes by that the "bungled launch" came off exactly as planned and the MAX devs did indeed have working GPU miners prior to launch. No pools to compete with, no working windows clients, etc...

This way they could reap all the benefits of a premine and claim fair launch at the same time. The "leaked source" was just cover and it didn't matter anyway as no one would have enough Nvidia cards on hand to do anything serious for at least a few days which gave them all the time they needed.

All they had to do was have a CUDA farm ready to go. The 24 hours it took to get an AMD version out was plenty of time to rake in millions in BTC as everyone was going into MAX hysteria and running the price up to 0.32 in the first few hours.

~BCX~

** Disclaimer: I am purposefully fudding Maxcoin to drive the price down even further because there is little doubt that Max Keiser will pump this back to historic highs once again, but nonetheless, the above is a very real possibility.

I'd have to say no. Maxcoin has had one of the most impressively fair initial distributions of any altcoin to date. The fact that there was so much initial hype about the coin ensured that the 'easiest' blocks were distributed probably more fairly than even the early bitcoin blocks were.

Also, lots of people have GPU's so it's reasonable to assume that some clever person is going to figure out fairly quick how to use it to churn out SHA-3 hashing power. It's the really capital intensive ASIC infrastructures that can prove too much of a risk to the decentralised nature of the protocol.

The fact some people are complaining that a keccak GPU miner was available almost right from the start is also just a release of butthurt by the people who thoiught they could take a bigger slice of the pie without having the computing resources to deserve such a share of the block reward. Nobody ever said that this coin was supposed to be a GPU free zone. Contrary to the popularly held view at the moment by people who are butthurt about their inability to understand basic programming or networking skills and were unable to compile the minerd from source or use a command line wallet.

So overall, i think Maxcoin was in fact a reasonably successful launch. Compared to the bitcoin launch or other premined alts I don't know what people are complaining about. You have to think for yourself sometimes and ignore the internet TROLLS who just want to sink the price lower so they can buy in!
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:31:04 AM

Only users with Linux and who were able to compile the wallet on their own were able to participate in the launch, how is that fair, let alone one of the fairest initial distributions ever?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Romir

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:39:41 AM

Only users with Linux and who were able to compile the wallet on their own were able to participate in the launch, how is that fair, let alone one of the fairest initial distributions ever?

The windows and os x wallets were posted before the launch. I got some blocks in the first minute while running the windows wallet so I don't understand why I keep seeing this claimed?
HPWolf

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:42:19 AM

+1

Earn Devcoins by Writing / DVC = 1EZJpi6p2eckikh84cWtLN1D2sqFbsNi2T
BTC = 13q8dXCqEeCcfXkktbYTorpvNP4B6Qowcz / http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/7567
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:41:21 AM

I doubt it but don't know really..
I think they would have had to be in bed with chubner1 to do some behind the scenes dealings. (he is the main cuda guy)

Although i think it is far more likely they had a miner modder making a Cgminer mod for Max coin than Nvidia..
I did see a picture of Max's devs asking for a coder to help with a GPU miner on Twitter dated on the 3rd (way ahead of time)
And considering that the algo is a straight across rip off Quark / Securecoin etc, you basically just have to delete the code
for the other hash algo's those two coins used, not too much else too it ..i checked in detail closely and i was working on my own mod
before Cudaminer was posted or i noticed he posted it etc ..so i am not just guessing i was working on that myself etc.

Anyway is it likely Max Keiser arranged a flash mine setup ? Not sure but i know that is why many of these other guys make coins in the first place.
Spots for example had told me back in like August he had more than 100 7950's and a month or so after that i tested him out again and once again
he admitted it and said he had way more than that.. which was surprising because he denied everything else i ever asked him lol

Did Keiser maybe rent a crap load of server for a botnet to flash mine with ? that is another possibility..

I dunno though a lot of things could have went down and hey lets be honest here if he did ? he ain't the only one.
Nor would anyone care anyway.. as long as some noob can brag he made 1 or 2 BTC the mysterious anonymous coin spammers
are more than happy to stay in the shadows and let their fanboys defend their scam coin clone while they rake in 100x the noobs.

Stealing some old ladies purse is encouraged around here as long as you give the little guys a couple bucks..
Welcome to the Altcoin scene ladies and gentleman.. please check your morals at the door and proceed to the download wallet section..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:52:33 AM

what a garbage scam shitcoin.  I will not ever accept any amount of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: