Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:36:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinConnect - The Bitcoin Social Network - Business Plan [Official Statement]  (Read 1600 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 05:19:49 PM

I posted this thread in the trading area, but here is a link for anyone that does not frequent that area that would like to read this.

Thanks!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45743

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:03:17 PM

I posted this thread in the trading area, but here is a link for anyone that does not frequent that area that would like to read this.

Thanks!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45743

Why is the About Me page still blank and who is Robert Dobbs?

Domain ID:D163242025-LROR
Domain Name:COINCONNECT.ORG
Created On:06-Sep-2011 16:28:16 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Sep-2011 16:28:20 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Sep-2012 16:28:16 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:UK2 Group Ltd. (R123-LROR)
Registrant ID:DI_17227367
Registrant Name:Robert Dobbs
Registrant Organization:Bit Miners Union
Registrant Street1:P.O. Box 246
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Hannibal
Registrant State/Province:New York
Registrant Postal Code:13074
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.3159082693
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:bitminersunion@gmail.com

Also, this:

We plan to promote CoinConnect on many different platforms including GoogleAdwords(c), Facebook(c), Twitter(c) and Operation Fabulous just to name a few.

If you don't use GoogleAdwords exactly correct, you'll be throwing good money out the window.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:20:04 PM

Robert Dobbs is my brother and business partner in other projects. He has absolutely nothing to do with CoinConnect other than the domain is registered in his name because we have been using Domains4Bitcoins.com to register domain names and they just used our contact info from previous purchases.

Domain name whois info has very little to do with ownership of companies btw. Smiley

I guarantee you cannot find a fortune 500 company that has a corporate officer listed in the whois info of any domain names that they own.

and the about us page has not been written yet but if you would like to buy some shares and take a crack at it I would be very pleased if you did so Smiley
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:28:40 PM

September 4th: [CoinConnect] Looking for interested parties for new Bitcoin Social Network.
September 9th: New Bitcoin Social Network www.CoinConnect.org - Connecting Bitcoin and You.
September 22nd: CoinConnect - The Bitcoin Social Network - Setup Your Profile Today
September 26th: CoinConnect - The Bitcoin Social Network - Business Plan [Official Statement]

I think that we have enough threads now with the same purpose.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:31:00 PM

thats fine if you want to clean it up Mod. I will PM you.
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 06:34:43 PM

Would advertisers really be willing to pay for ad space on a community site where the majority of topics are composed of people advertising their own businesses? You're more likely to get a click by simply plugging your service as a "discovery" or "announcement" and pasting a link to it for free. You can even bump it up every once in a while to get more free impressions. And if they want more ad space? Just post more!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:47:28 PM

This is not even justified considering the 'business plan' is shorter than a brochure for toothbrushes. Now it's safe to say this is aggressive pollution.

why the negativity? I am sorry but I disagree with your attitude. We need to evolve the Bitcoin community past these forums and that is what I am working on doing. I am trying to be a part of the solution and not the problem. I will not respond to any more non constructive comments. Thank you.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:51:21 PM

Would advertisers really be willing to pay for ad space on a community site where the majority of topics are composed of people advertising their own businesses? You're more likely to get a click by simply plugging your service as a "discovery" or "announcement" and pasting a link to it for free. You can even bump it up every once in a while to get more free impressions. And if they want more ad space? Just post more!

With all due respect you need to think beyond what is going on right now. This site is going to function like a fully functional social networking site just like facebook. It will have Bitcoin business profiles and it will also have games, and blogs, and lots of other features. On Facebook you can go and register a free profile for your business, and on facebook people still pay to advertise. Of course I do not expect us to be as big as Facebook but only a small portion of that pie will be enough for all the shareholders, which by the way there are 4000 shares sold to people other than myself right now.

Let me give you a precedent, one of the first things we did too attract people is this Bitcoin Mining Rig builders competition. Now of course we have not made anything off of this, but we currently have four outside sponsors that are paying real money just to be associated with this thing.

I am sorry for everyone's pessimistic attitude but I believe in this thing and we are going to make it work.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

With all due respect you need to think beyond what is going on right now. This site is going to function like a fully functional social networking site just like facebook. It will have Bitcoin business profiles and it will also have games, and blogs, and lots of other features. On Facebook you can go and register a free profile for your business, and on facebook people still pay to advertise. Of course I do not expect us to be as big as Facebook but only a small portion of that pie will be enough for all the shareholders, which by the way there are 4000 shares sold to people other than myself right now.

Let me give you a precedent, one of the first things we did too attract people is this Bitcoin Mining Rig builders competition. Now of course we have not made anything off of this, but we currently have four outside sponsors that are paying real money just to be associated with this thing.

I am sorry for everyone's pessimistic attitude but I believe in this thing and we are going to make it work.

Good luck with it.  Bought a few shares in support. Smiley
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 07:07:25 PM

thank you. Smiley
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 07:08:20 PM

Got a few shares as well.  I signed up hopefully continued success.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 07:12:02 PM

Facebook bled money until 2009; games, blogs, and other features do cost money to develop. They didn't limit their advertisers to a small subset of the market either. According to your plan, you'll be selling ad space to BTC-related businesses, right? You're trying to raise 100 BTC in start-up costs. If you already have enough outside cash to make this work, $500 USD isn't going to make a difference. If you're trying to do this on $500, I'm not seeing it happening.
Anonymous

September 26, 2011, 07:12:15 PM

Pardon me. You have a good spirit about you. I like you.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 07:15:50 PM

BitcoinBux is sponsoring 3rd place in the competition.
We want to see you succeed.
I think contests and other sorts of social events are necessary for the community to flourish, keep at it. It brings everyone closer together.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 07:38:35 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement. Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 07:03:40 AM

Im happy to see you are  ignoring the negativity and pressing ahead with this.

I might buy a few shares in support.

A bitcoin social network needs a bitcoin media and pr department .  Smiley

Whats your policy on user data if  you get a notice to hand it over ? Which jurisdiction is the servers in ?

Do you have a backup domain if you refuse to comply and they seize the existing one ?

teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 06:12:57 PM

Hi Cablepair, what is the status on your GLBSE offering?  I read you were having account troubles at one point.  Get this sorted out?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 11:14:58 PM

yes Nefario finally got my account fixed, I think I got into it just yesterday or the day before as a matter of fact.

I apologize to the share holders for when things started to go south with CoinConnect, unfortunately we ended up in a position where we could not achieve the kinds of things we wanted to.

But now thanks to our upgrade we on the right path to be able to provide a real world social utility to the Bitcoin world and act as a bridge to the rest of the world and a showcase for all the great Bitcoin businesses.

We have a working Google Adsense style advertising platform now that will allow us to sell advertising on the site, we are VERY excited about this new feature and will be offering it publicly very soon. Another great new feature is our market place, the market place provides a free and open venue for anyone to sell goods and services for Bitcoins.

Our new API Auth system allows users to register and login to the site with any Google,Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIN,Foursqare,AOL, or Yahoo account which is a very cool feature that makes it extremely easy for people to check out and use our site.

Thanks to our upgrade and hosting move to BTCWebhost.com we are in a very good position for our shareholders and for Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: