Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:28:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The root of newbies problem  (Read 319 times)
Nanagyasi (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:06:03 AM

I have observed on this forum that almost all newbies are interested in only making money and hence ask questions related to only trading, and bounty campaigns. They also seek to increase their post counts and therefore post low quality posts all over the different boards.

I think newbies should first of all learn about Btc, cryptocurrency, and the blockchain technology as a whole and understand the dynamics in the crypto world before they venture into making money.

Newbies should use this forum basically for learning before any other thing else.
What do you also think about this??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiurminator

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:29:54 AM

So how do you suppose a newbie like me make a quality post?  I need to rank up too while learning, so I post on off-topic and political/society board.  As a matter of fact, everything is already there on this forum or google.  I mean I can learn everything without asking or posting on the forum, but my rank will be forever newbie, right?
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:47:28 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 12:49:02 PM by jacee

I have observed on this forum that almost all newbies are interested in only making money and hence ask questions related to only trading, and bounty campaigns. They also seek to increase their post counts and therefore post low quality posts all over the different boards.
It doesn't matter where someone posts, the whole forum is full with spam and you can't only point out that spams are on the boards/topic you mentioned. Btw, I have to point out that it isn't only the newbies who's spamming the forum, there are several high rank users who does.

I think newbies should first of all learn about Btc, cryptocurrency, and the blockchain technology as a whole and understand the dynamics in the crypto world before they venture into making money.
I agree on this but this doesn't make a user who is learning these stuff a user who is not spamming.
You can see several post which is asking about these stuffs you mentioned and they are still consdered as spam to some users:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4470484.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2770323.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4556338.0

You can also see several spam thread in the bitcoin discussion board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0

So how do you suppose a newbie like me make a quality post?  I need to rank up too while learning, so I post on off-topic and political/society board.  As a matter of fact, everything is already there on this forum or google.  I mean I can learn everything without asking or posting on the forum, but my rank will be forever newbie, right?
The key is to try not so hard and be as useful as you can. It does not matter how long the posts you are making. If you are posting on threads that already have tons of pages with the same repeated replies then it's a spam.
Posting in offtopics and nonsense threads also doesn't help you to gain a rank. You are only making your post history bad. You need to participate in threads that actually can help someone.

Btw, tho everything is already in google some people can always ask here about clarifications. Those who help clarify these to them makes them helpful thus their posts are considerd constructive.
mlgblockchain

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:10:44 AM

So how do you suppose a newbie like me make a quality post?  I need to rank up too while learning, so I post on off-topic and political/society board.  As a matter of fact, everything is already there on this forum or google.  I mean I can learn everything without asking or posting on the forum, but my rank will be forever newbie, right?

tiurminator is right. Just watching and reading and learning is not really that much exciting. You need to participate with the community to take your learning one step ahead. But you are right about "making money" policies. Newbies should learn about Blockchain technology first. Although the goal is to make more money but newbie should invest their time and effort to learn in order to earn money efficiently.
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:33:38 AM

Newbies should use this forum basically for learning before any other thing else.

I concur. The main reason for that is because one or some of their friends introduced this forum in a different way. They thought that joining in the forum would make them a living in just a blink of an eye. There's no such thing as shortcuts in learning and earning in this forum. I myself spent hours everyday accumulating as much knowledge as I can since its free information. I'm making most of my time valuable in this forum by learning about the technology and some other new innovations being introduced in here.

What I can suggest is for you to read, read, and read posts of different members in here that has lots of merits. By reading to lots of quality posts, sooner or later you will be adopting to their posting strategy and habit. I did make a thread on how to make a quality post. Hope this can help you out. I was able to record every links of the threads that I read from this forum and compiled it for newbies' benefit to rank up. I know that we all need merits to rank up but all we need is time and patience for us to blossom and grow with knowledge together with our rank without neglecting the main purpose of this forum to learn and contribute at the same time. Earning from this forum shouldn't be the first priority as a newbie in cryptospace. There's still so much that we can learn and possibly we could earn in the future if we just accumulate knowledge in here that is for FREE.

Here is the link of the thread I made about how to make a constructive post. Hope this will help you out.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4576232.msg41257656#msg41257656
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

The root of the newbie's problem lies in the fact that there aren't many newbies. We have a massive invasion of economic migrants attempting to leech off the forum, and they don't want to learn much beyond how to cut and paste.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ngocanh3799

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:36:31 PM

The root of the newbie's problem lies in the fact that there aren't many newbies. We have a massive invasion of economic migrants attempting to leech off the forum, and they don't want to learn much beyond how to cut and paste.
I'm newbie, I studied a lot on bitcointalk then boldly post suggestions, but everyone is not interested and also not comment on my useful posts. So how can I study more? Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

I'm newbie, I studied a lot on bitcointalk then boldly post suggestions, but everyone is not interested and also not comment on my useful posts. So how can I study more? Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

My quick impression of your posts is that they are basic and general. This means the the topics have been covered many times in the past. One great help for me was to run a full node, and to experiment with it.  It was easier then though, and the blockchain was under 60Gb if I remember correctly. I have been toying with the idea of offering a shared blockchain for new members to use to start a pruned node, but my hosting provider only uses SSDs, and it would be too expensive for me to offer as a freeby. Maybe a trusted member could offer blockchains on SD cards to help people to start a node.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Chaki_

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

One point also that is wrong is that people from the forum invited new people to join in using the word "to ear extra money" without explaining the basic of all things, like how's things work and all... Sometime take a wrong grasp of the situation and created their own account looking forward for their first reward which is wrong.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:20:26 PM

Why? Couldn't you continue to study if people ignore your posts? But yea, like Jet Cash said, your posts are quite generic. Pretty much bitcoin-related information that probably almost everyone knows.

Also, I suggest that you don't do your research on bitcointalk alone. Look for some outside sources too. If you haven't read these yet, I suggest that you do so: https://www.coindesk.com/information/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:55:55 PM

I have taken this into consideration I it is helping me. Thanks for the information.
Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:33:08 PM

The reason is not far fetched , most bounties do not accept newbies ,they inturn spam different threads to have 29 activity for junior member rank
vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:58:33 AM

It seems like this now. I think it should be more inclusive.
If they have the ability to share the basics, then they can do something about it.
Have good airdrops & bounty activities, or market dynamics, they can also share.
They should not be limited. Those who want to learn will use the search to find the information they need.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
wvizmanos

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:02:07 AM

If you want to rank up and make your posts count, avoid P&S and of topic. These boards don't count. Try posting in meta or beginners and help if you know you can help someone in need.
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:58:35 PM

Here’s the thing guys, if you’re just here to learn and engage with people not because you’re rushing to get a lot of money, you’ll be struggling, big time. But for knowledge investment to be much more comfortable with our world, that’s when you will be successful.

oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:32:39 PM

I second you, there isn't any rule to check weather a post is of quality or not, that is why I still maintain that the merit system is not favorable to all. Besides the roots of newbies problem isnt money because each one of us here either in bounty or not is seeking knowledge to make money from crypto.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:55:43 PM

I don't think it is their fault in the first place. From all I know Newbies here who are trying to earn in the forum have been wrongly introduced to Bitcointalk. You will see a lot of social media posts, online articles and Youtube videos on how they earned money from the forum also they even have their friends to teach them how to participate in the campaign hence they think that this forum's sole purpose is to make them earn cryptocurrency. And without any proper introduction they will literally get lost in the forum and will soon do threads of their own which is also on the wrong section just to find the answer they are looking for (and those thread are commonly related to on how they will earn in the forum).

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Vic108_btc

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:28:16 AM

I think for a newbie their posts will definitely be a little less refined than those of experienced members or traders because they lack that kind of knowledge. Moreover as mlgblockchain said these forums provide newbies a platform to get and share ideas and experiences by interacting with experienced traders. That said, I believe it is more important to stress on the essentials of learning about cryptocurrency trading. Once you have gained sufficient knowledge in this respect you’ll be better armed to forge into the crypto trading battlefield as you will understand the price movements and market dynamics in a better way and thus will be able to make more money while minimizing your losses.
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

I honestly don't see what is so difficult for newbies here. Fair enough if your English isn't great i can maybe understand. But for everyone that joins here with all intents and purposes of actually joining in the conversation, there really shouldn't be a "problem".

This isn't rocket science, its a forum about an interest or a hobby.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that this place owes them a living for whatever reason, and their sole purpose for being here is only money and ZERO participation in anything else. Does it really hurt to offer some insight (whether someone agrees with your opinion or not) say hello and be a COMMUNITY member?

Seriously, if people can't even be bothered to contribute, they are in the wrong place.
Kgdktac

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

The root of most of their problem is lack of proper introduction into the system. Basic foundation, a newbie ought to have is fundamental knowledge of blockchain, crytocurrency;  how whole system works.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: