Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:19:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE PLUMMET TOMORROW!  (Read 26184 times)
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:43:24 AM

Clutching at straws here but maybe related to this? http://www.itnews.com.au/News/372033,worlds-largest-ddos-strikes-us-europe.aspx

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:05:09 AM

Going by Bitcoinsteve's post history, he's the last person (except Fonzie and that Ripple twat, obviously) to hold the secret to Bitcoin's inner sanctum.

But that's probably what they said about Jeebus...

SELL!
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:21:32 AM

So after reading over his comments I believe something's afoul. Not with the OP; but with the circumstances surrounding this market.

Unfortunately the OP is asking for payment for further information; that's not a donation and even though a donation may very well be deserved in this case there's a major difference between the two. It's amazing that he accurately predicted an unpredictable event and also predicted that it would be Gox responsible for igniting it. Nobody expected that to play out in this manner and in this moment so soon...

So he has credibility in his statements...
That's complete nonsense.

Multiple sources confirmed Monday would be a tough day
The price restored within 24 hours despite all the bad news

Bitcoin is getting stronger by the day.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:32:06 AM

So after reading over his comments I believe something's afoul. Not with the OP; but with the circumstances surrounding this market.

Unfortunately the OP is asking for payment for further information; that's not a donation and even though a donation may very well be deserved in this case there's a major difference between the two. It's amazing that he accurately predicted an unpredictable event and also predicted that it would be Gox responsible for igniting it. Nobody expected that to play out in this manner and in this moment so soon...

Sanity will get you nowhere on this thread.   Pretty everyone knew something would happen on Monday, but I guess this thread proves a few didn't.   
MBoudet

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

BitcoinSteve hath spoken!

SELL SELL SELL!

YOU ALL SHALL SEE TOMORROW!

Anytime now...
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:34:49 PM

KAHRU WILL SHOW NO MERCY
cdooer

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

KAHRU WILL SHOW NO MERCY

KAHRU fucked off a long time ago, I saw it with my own two eyes...

Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

KARHU will destroy us all !!!!11
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:54:09 PM

It's not a factor of how quickly the price restored; it's the $100 claim. Obviously the price will correct itself insanely quickly in that type of arbitrage situation... The recovery was within a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't have thought $100 was a realistic number. That type of movement is unprecedented...

It's nonsense to think that type of trading is normal on a tough day...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

It's not a factor of how quickly the price restored; it's the $100 claim. Obviously the price will correct itself insanely quickly in that type of arbitrage situation... The recovery was within a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't have thought $100 was a realistic number. That type of movement is unprecedented...

it was probably someone missclicking

winklevoss twins can go and make the price of bitcoin $0.001 for a few seconds

does that mean bitcoin is valued at $0.001? no it doesnt
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

Oh come on, someone simply dumped too many coins with a market order in a thin bid side on one exchange. Mistakes like that can happen sometimes especially with all those bots running wild. The OP claimed that MtGox would halt all trading indefinitely and that that would cause the price to drop to $100. That didn't even happen at all, MtGox just made up some crazy FUD about a bug in the bitcoin protocol and people started panicking like crazy. The price also didn't really drop to $100, a bot or a leveraged long just went awfully wrong on BTC-e. So, to summarize, OP is full of shit and just made a lucky guess about a huge plummet. I wouldn't even say it was lucky, a drop was to be expected if MtGox would come out and state that they would keep halting BTC withdrawals. And it wouldn't be a bad bet to make that MtGox would not resume BTC withdrawals this soon.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:10:27 PM

It seems that the mutated transactions attack is intensifying, and is not limited to MtGox, but spread to the whole network.
May I ask how could someone know in advance that the price is going to drop so sharply (on BTC-E at least), and because of this attack?
If this attack continues / worsens, then maybe the OP knows who is perpetrating it, or even he may be involved.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:13:12 PM

Interesting.

I found the following link in the thread. The link leads to a NSA journal paper from 1996, a study into making Cryptographic Cash:

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Miz4r
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

It seems that the mutated transactions attack is intensifying, and is not limited to MtGox, but spread to the whole network.
May I ask how could someone know in advance that the price is going to drop so sharply (on BTC-E at least), and because of this attack?
If this attack continues / worsens, then maybe the OP knows who is perpetrating it, or even he may be involved.

You might want to back up those claims with some arguments or proof you know. I can't believe you people take the OP seriously... I guess this is how all the crazy conspiracy theories get out into the world.

pungopete468

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

it was probably someone missclicking

winklevoss twins can go and make the price of bitcoin $0.001 for a few seconds

does that mean bitcoin is valued at $0.001? no it doesnt

I agree but you don't see them doing it. That's the point of this... Why?

I'm not worried about a collapse; I don't think it was a mis-click; it was more like a "self destruct."

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

You might want to back up those claims with some arguments or proof you know. I can't believe you people take the OP seriously... I guess this is how all the crazy conspiracy theories get out into the world.

http://www.coindesk.com/gavin-andresen-jeff-garzik-mt-gox-wrong-bitcoin-isnt-broken/

Bitcoin core developers Jeff Garzik and Gavin Andresen have responded to Mt. Gox’s claims that there is a flaw in the Bitcoin software.

Mt. Gox issued a statement this morning (GMT), revealing it had suspended bitcoin withdrawals indefinitely due to a previously known technical issue with its custom wallet implementation of the Bitcoin core protocol.

Garzik stressed that Mt. Gox seems to be attempting to shift the blame for its recent failings onto Bitcoin and its developers.

“First and foremost, bitcoin is not broken. There is no fundamental flaw in bitcoin,” said Garzik.

pungopete468

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Oh come on, someone simply dumped too many coins with a market order in a thin bid side on one exchange. Mistakes like that can happen sometimes especially with all those bots running wild. The OP claimed that MtGox would halt all trading indefinitely and that that would cause the price to drop to $100. That didn't even happen at all, MtGox just made up some crazy FUD about a bug in the bitcoin protocol and people started panicking like crazy. The price also didn't really drop to $100, a bot or a leveraged long just went awfully wrong on BTC-e. So, to summarize, OP is full of shit and just made a lucky guess about a huge plummet. I wouldn't even say it was lucky, a drop was to be expected if MtGox would come out and state that they would keep halting BTC withdrawals. And it wouldn't be a bad bet to make that MtGox would not resume BTC withdrawals this soon.

So lets look at our current situation...

This is fact:
- Gox is insolvent ever since the FBI grabbed 9 million USD.
- Gox price hovers far above other exchanges for USD withdrawal issues related to insolvency.
- Gox offers Gox Bux for withdrawals instead of USD.
- Gox halts all BTC withdrawals claiming a bug in the BTC protocol.
- Gox admits to knowing about the problem since 2011.
- Gox somehow re-enables USD withdrawals despite previous insolvency.
- Gox exchange prices plummet.

This is speculation:
- Gox was the source of the coins unloaded on other exchanges in an effort to gain fiat liquidity.
- Gox is allowing USD withdrawals because they expect the price to fall on their exchange as people cash out in fiat
- Gox can profit from the arbitrage as their members will sell BTC for relatively low USD amounts reducing the financial liability for Gox.
- Gox has no intentions of enabling BTC withdrawals but will allow users to cash out in fiat.
- Gox is using the Bitcoin protocol as a scapegoat to scam it's members by selling their coins at a profit through arbitrage.

Some additional info:
This "bug" is not actually a bug but rather a caveat that the exchanges are well aware of and have already designed their automated payout systems appropriately. The payout systems rely on wallet addresses and confirmations rather than TXID's to prevent this situation.
Gox enabled USD withdrawal the day after the major dumps on other exchanges.

You don't have to agree with my opinions on the speculation but if you look at the well known history and put the pieces together it really looks bad for Gox...

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

KAHRU WILL SHOW NO MERCY

KAHRU fucked off a long time ago, I saw it with my own two eyes...

That van was full of bitcoins
Miz4r
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:59:10 PM

So lets look at our current situation...

This is fact:
- Gox is insolvent ever since the FBI grabs 9 million USD.

Not a fact. This belongs under speculation. They also didn't grab 9M USD but 5M if I remember correctly. I doubt that would make them insolvent.

- Gox price hovers far above other exchanges for USD withdrawal issues related to insolvency.
- Gox offers Gox Bux for withdrawals instead of USD.
- Gox halts all BTC withdrawals claiming a bug in the BTC protocol.
- Gox admits to knowing about the problem since 2011.
- Gox somehow re-enables USD withdrawals despite previous insolvency.
- Gox exchange prices plummet.

This is speculation:
- Gox was the source of the coins unloaded on other exchanges in an effort to gain fiat liquidity.
- Gox is allowing USD withdrawals because they expect the price to fall on their exchange as people cash out in fiat
- Gox can profit from the arbitrage as their members will sell BTC for relatively low USD amounts reducing the financial liability for Gox.
- Gox has no intentions of enabling BTC withdrawals but will allow users to cash out in fiat.
- Gox is using the Bitcoin protocol as a scapegoat to scam it's members by selling their coins at a profit through arbitrage.

Some additional info:
This "bug" is not actually a bug but rather a caveat that the exchanges are well aware of and have already designed their automated payout systems appropriately. The payout systems rely on wallet addresses and confirmations rather than TXID's to prevent this situation.
Gox enabled USD withdrawal the day after the major dumps on other exchanges.

You don't have to agree with my opinions on the speculation but if you look at the well known history and put the pieces together it really looks bad for Gox...

The only thing I agree on is that MtGox is done for, they can only delay the inevitable. But this is something I and I think a big part of the market with me has been very much aware of since June 2013. The only thing that surprises me is how long MtGox has been able to keep being in business, I actually expected their lights to go out somewhere last year. I would be really surprised if they survive this year as well. But for me personally MtGox is already dead and has been for quite some time.

igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

Do you know this man ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!