Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining still profitable for individual people?  (Read 192 times)
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:42:23 AM

Hi. Wanna ask if mining still profitable this day? We know that mining requires a lot of energy(electricity).
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:46:44 AM

That's a good question. I guess you are asking about GPU mining. It could be profitable, depending on the country you live in, of course. But you have to factor in the price of the hardware, in case you don't already own some GPUs ready for mining. If you have to buy the hardware, you won't have any revenue until your mining profit has covered the price of your GPUs. It could be months or even a whole year to start making some revenue. And who knows what will happen with mining in one year's time. All in all, if you just want to get a feel about what mining means, start with a low investment in hardware and learn how things work. Then you may decide to scale, but you will have already figured out this business.   
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:47:43 AM

As a home miner, I can say for sure that I still on my track and getting enough profit from mining.

But a statement from one miner can't generally be shown that mining still profitable nowadays. It will depend on miners itself (isn't only about electricity cost [mine $0.15]) The most thing that affects mining profits is your way to do mining. As the miner, we were always facing many things that out of our control (such as market condition, devices regeneration, etc.) but the way you faced all of the situations will determine the outcome.  Wink
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:17:32 AM

Hi. Wanna ask if mining still profitable this day? We know that mining requires a lot of energy(electricity).

Farm mining requires a lot of electricity at a cheap rate. Hobby mining with just one or two rigs, not that much. It's all about perspective nowadays, some are happy making a good amount, some are complaining about the profit drops and not having the same profitability like last year (probably the people who are in it for the money), a few are still here for learning and trying new stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: