Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Tether be delisted from exchanges?  (Read 165 times)
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:32:58 AM

It is a possibility!
Tether won’t even be ranked on the top 500 a year from now!
Currency pairs are on the way!
Bitcoin will also suffer from currency pairs because it will become obsolete: Think about it!
Market dynamics will change!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:41:48 AM

It is good that Bitfinex and Tether are under investigation: I have no Tether because I am ahead of the game!
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:45:23 AM

I never understood the game of Tether at all. I never liked this currency and idea to secure our funds with the Tether when the crypto currencies are falling. Why not just use the normal fiat currency which can also keep our investment as it is if the rest of the market is falling and you have converted everything into the fiat at the right time. With the fall many people suggest to convert to Tether but I always suggest putting the fund in fiat. Tether is after all crypto currency and its volatility can outburst any time if it did not receive the proper support in the time to come. May be I will be more than happy if that happens.
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:56:43 AM

I never understood the game of Tether at all. I never liked this currency and idea to secure our funds with the Tether when the crypto currencies are falling. Why not just use the normal fiat currency which can also keep our investment as it is if the rest of the market is falling and you have converted everything into the fiat at the right time. With the fall many people suggest to convert to Tether but I always suggest putting the fund in fiat. Tether is after all crypto currency and its volatility can outburst any time if it did not receive the proper support in the time to come. May be I will be more than happy if that happens.

Thank you for supporting my opinion!
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

Actually the market of crypto currency is now on demand. At first there were few crypto currencies but now there are more than 1500 crypto currencies that are operating in this market. So the market has become very complex now a day. Competition has been increased and so this coin will need time to be in the market. I think they should not be delisted now.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

but the process of putting to fiat is more problematic than tether?
say you want some coin out of the top 10 - most exchanges that handles fiat, does Not list many coins.
so you'd essentially have to go from obscure exchange > main exchange > sell, and back, every time.
and that also in a sense demands KYC from people since they need that to handle fiat, while exchanges that only has tether has far less restrictions.

tether, in my opinion, definitely fills a purpose. sadly, it seems mismanaged.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 12:48:45 PM

Not all exchanges has fiat currencies integrated, I personally use tether a lot especially in exchanges that doesnt have fiat integrated, it helps keep my investment stable.

RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:50:17 PM

I think it's possible. Tether is a very unstable factor.
Because they haven't released their bank accounts yet.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:54:50 PM

It is a possibility!
Bitcoin will also suffer from currency pairs because it will become obsolete: Think about it!
Tether is really very important. Traders need Tether to hold and wait for the opportunity to trade. I usually trade through Tether and never hold any other altcoins.
Its advantage is price stability and we will be safe to hold it.

etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 12:58:52 PM

It is a possibility!
I don't even know while exchanges are trading tether in the first case.  If their terms and conditions states that they are not under any obligation to redeem tether for real cash.  Exchanges should all trade fiat directly and delist tether.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

I'm very doubtful about Tether and this usage.. if I remember well no one till today has proved that Bitfinex had really bought $ to cover Tether peg.... so I don't trust this coin.
harrybell

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:01:56 AM

Given that these coins got enlisted, shows that they have potential to be able to generate money for the people.  Smiley There are more than 1500 coins in the market. The competition is tough and everyone is in a throat cutting mode.  Roll Eyes These coins deserve a chance and should not be removed, at least for now.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:53:52 AM

It is a possibility!
I like this coin it secure our  funds when market is falling. I like the idea instead of tether used fiat, but to withdraw in fiat you need something like bank accounts and credit cards whatsoever. Tether made it easier and not all exchanges has fiat and I think Tether is much easier to integrate on exchanges.
But it all depends on bitfinex and Tether this currency is controversial.
tothetop

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

I don`t use Tether, but I don`t think it should be delisted, it has it`s own niche on the market and USDT capitalization will grow anyway..

teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:03:20 PM

Did anyone invest in Tether? I didn't. How could anyone even go there? My bad though. Not everyone is well knowledgeable of the cryptocurrency world. There are so many worthless coins around and people should look to consult professionals before making any investments. And yes, i want Tether delisted from exchanges.
Jana Wood

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:04:43 PM

It seems to me that in the future this asset will be excluded from the exchange. And as a result of this a huge mass of money will be distributed among the coins, the leaders of the market, the crypto currency.
bitcoindiary

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:46:49 PM

Their project is not good enough and they are also under investigation. That’s why i think they may be delisted from the exchange. For removing this threat they need to improve their quality.
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:55:40 PM

Tether (USDT) will not be delisted from the cryptocurrency market due to its potential. The current USD represents the dollar in real life, helping investors avoid losses when the exchange rate drops rapidly. Typically, if the exchange rate falls, the first thing I would do is to exchange the entire crypto owned to USDT.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BitCoinDream247

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:01:18 PM

I think its good that tether is being delisted from exchanges because I think its management and security was not good and also I didnt trust it as well.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:08:13 PM

USDT is the best stable coin to enable traders hedge their investment so why should it be delisted from exchanges. It is alwasy available for traders to lock their profit without incuring much losses. Is my favorite trading currency.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: