Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you experience FOMO?  (Read 499 times)
fastrabbit

Activity: 216
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

After reading this I am definitely also going for the long term hold strategy Wink (and sometimes a bit of trading in between^^.thanks for this post  Shocked Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:09:57 PM

Hi everyone,

We all been there and still do it but everyone does things differently Cool. That is when I was in my FOMO mentality I was sleepless and agitated. How did you experience it? So curious to know Grin
Well, I think we all have experimented something like FOMO but the most important thing is to never fall victim of this, when we were at the beginning of December of 2017 I was very nervous and like most people regretting not investing more in bitcoin when I had the chance, but fortunately since I knew what was FOMO I understood that investing at that moment would be a mistake and that saved me.
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:51:06 PM

Sadly, I got sucked into Fomo before and bought near the top, it was a stupid mistake and I should of been patient, oh well at least I tried.  You miss all the shots you don't take.
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Last year, I was amazed by the price of bitcoin. Some of my friends really gained a lot from trading bitcoin. For me not to be left behind, I joined the party. I bought bitcoin at a higher price believing the experts that it will go up much more. But, now I'm still holding some if it with the expectation of rising up. This is my FOMO experience.
racingboy

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:34:44 PM

My first FOMO experience was when I bought BTCTC in aroung 11,000$
thinking it might go back to 15,000$ up
bohr

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:00:39 AM

So you bought when the price was already going down? If that is the case then that is not FOMO that was just terrible timing, the price at which you bought is not terrible but at that point it was obvious that we will need to touch the bottom before the price became stable again and that there was not any chance to see any kind of recovery, I just hope that you learned your lesson since then.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:36:53 AM

So you bought when the price was already going down? If that is the case then that is not FOMO that was just terrible timing, the price at which you bought is not terrible but at that point it was obvious that we will need to touch the bottom before the price became stable again and that there was not any chance to see any kind of recovery, I just hope that you learned your lesson since then.

Fomo is everywhere mate, and that bad timing we had experienced was just a bad dreams for us. However the lessons learned makes you stronger in the next picking of coins to invest with your trading assets plan. All of us who became good traders had such experiences like this when we're just starting to roll over our money with cryptocurrency.
XIANNE25

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 04:31:43 AM

Yes I'm so much affected of FOMO many times in different altcoins. now I'm trying to control myself haha coz I really hate those feeling when I just bought my tokens at a high value then suddenly dump.. We learn from our mistakes so we should avoid it to happen repeatedly..
Cryptokarl

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:31:07 AM

FOMO means, fear of missing out though. I experienced it with bitcoin when the price was rising endlessly and I jumped in and made some money in it and jumped out as well. We all experience it but the ability not to get burnt is what matters most
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:08:06 AM

December last year is  for  the first times iam in FOMO and just thinking the price will keep going up more. Then iam decided to hold all my crypto and hopely the price going up more,  but the market did different thing,  all crypto was going down and i missed huge profit.  so we should be avoid FOMO whenever put money in to crypto because in crypto market there are always top price and bottom price.

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

I got Fomo last time from altcoins especially ICO tokens newcomers to exchanges and their product releases most of them are from my bounty that time I got it that it makes me want to borrow some money to my friends good to know I got nothing from them neither I got much money that time so I did not get into that hype now the price was really worse beyond the ICO and the last time is the December hype but I just invested little money.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:07:58 AM

Hi everyone,

We all been there and still do it but everyone does things differently Cool. That is when I was in my FOMO mentality I was sleepless and agitated. How did you experience it? So curious to know Grin
I experience this thing before when the market is on a great bull run before and before of that greed I lose some of my money. Luckily I was able to exit early that time, well I've learned a lot from that experience and it proves to me that FOMO is really not a good emotion. We must not follow that trend, not unless you hold that coin since the beginning of the hype then you have the chance to take profit during the peak. Its too risky, so be careful when buying a hype coin.
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:33:41 AM

I don't like to join the train, do clods to the station, imitate have discovered that at that point the hype goes so high, and everyone is trying to get in, that's the closest time to a drop.

Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

FOMO is just like following a pump, sometimes it could go write but most times wrong, before I have to FOMO, will make sure I am have an exit plan, works best for me
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:39:47 PM

I went fomo before when new coins getting listed and pumped hard. Its very frustrating when seeing dumped hard fast, I will never get Fomo again but it’s normal to new entrants in the space and learn a lesson.
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:39:47 PM

Hi everyone,

When tons of news shared the "successful stories" of the people who bought BTC at xxx price and now it's hundreds of thousands of times  Grin  And I tried my luck  Roll Eyes
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:07:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Last December or prior to that, FOMO was very real. You will see that everyday bitcoin rose like $500-$1000 or even more. Personally, I was able to get on board before the madness that was December. So I didn't FOMO that much however, I was really amazed as how many irrational buyers are there around that. time. Well maybe being agitated in not good though. I think its better to used our common sense and think everything and not just FOMO in my opinion.

I believe this is true.
One friend of mine got the idea of riding the boat or should I say the Titanic.
They all saw it like it will go to more like 50-100k dollars because of the sudden increase in price.
I too almost taught about that. Pushed him to get in and I hope he is not blaming me anything.

It was almost real to me until I see that there is something wronng.
Made him to get back the investment if he did one and wait for a few more days before buying again.
But as we can see a sudden dump came that week which I think I saved him from a sudden hell. Grin
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:15:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Last December or prior to that, FOMO was very real. You will see that everyday bitcoin rose like $500-$1000 or even more. Personally, I was able to get on board before the madness that was December. So I didn't FOMO that much however, I was really amazed as how many irrational buyers are there around that. time. Well maybe being agitated in not good though. I think its better to used our common sense and think everything and not just FOMO in my opinion.

I believe this is true.
One friend of mine got the idea of riding the boat or should I say the Titanic.
They all saw it like it will go to more like 50-100k dollars because of the sudden increase in price.
I too almost taught about that. Pushed him to get in and I hope he is not blaming me anything.

It was almost real to me until I see that there is something wronng.
Made him to get back the investment if he did one and wait for a few more days before buying again.
But as we can see a sudden dump came that week which I think I saved him from a sudden hell. Grin
That was a close call because you like it or not your friends will definitely blame you up if he do caught on that pump.These are the common mistakes of a certain investor where we do buy coins when they are pumping.I dont know why us dont consider on buying while the price is in the bottom yet this is the right timing or opportunity for us to get in and secure out our places on possible gains when the market recovers or reversed.
pant-79

Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:04:58 PM

Fear of missing out - FoMO. Obsessive fear of missing an interesting event or a good opportunity. FoMO is also often called a sense of regret.
It is the fear of losing the profit most often and leads us on the exchange to the fact that we really lose this benefit in reality!
To combat FoMO, I use the following steps:
- a clear plan drawn up before I start buying or selling anything. I calculate the point of purchase and the point of sale.
- After issuing an order, I just start doing something else. I calculate and open the next deal or just leave the laptop and do other important things.
If after the sale, the price continues to grow, then I try not to regret. After all, I made a calculation and it turned out to be correct, I earned money, so why should I regret it? This will be a waste of the most important resources: time and moral strength.
bohr

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:57:28 PM

Fomo is everywhere mate, and that bad timing we had experienced was just a bad dreams for us. However the lessons learned makes you stronger in the next picking of coins to invest with your trading assets plan. All of us who became good traders had such experiences like this when we're just starting to roll over our money with cryptocurrency.
While FOMO is everywhere as you say at the same time it is way more likely that people buy for that reason when the price is going up, because they feel they are going to miss in a lot of profits if they do not invest right now and they do this without thinking that perhaps we are in the middle of a bubble, as we were, so buying for FOMO when the price is going down is a little bit odd to say the least.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: