Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Mining from External computer  (Read 982 times)
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 01:04:47 AM

I was going to add an external computer to solo mine with gui miner to mine at home.  How do I connect the external(at my brothers house) to my bitcoin client through gui miner.  Thanks.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 02:14:13 AM

I was going to add an external computer to solo mine with gui miner to mine at home.  How do I connect the external(at my brothers house) to my bitcoin client through gui miner.  Thanks.

yes, set yourself up a pool.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8707.0

or just go to a pool, lot less headaches

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 04:15:20 AM

Anyone able to help me with this.  I just need a basic connection.  I don't need to keep track of stats.  Thanks.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 05:20:03 AM

Anyone able to help me with this.  I just need a basic connection.  I don't need to keep track of stats.  Thanks.

I am pretty sure it is similar to going against your bitcoind on on your home network, except:

use your router to port forward whatever port the bitcoind is on
when have have to have your friend point to your public internet address,

edit:  warning,  I think that someone that knows what there doing can take your wallet if you open up your bitcoind to the public internet.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: