Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:25:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Earthcoin so undervalued?  (Read 1515 times)
volunteering2014 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:30:05 AM

What is happening to Earthcoin? Huh
Value is dropping and it even has left the top 30 on Coinmarketcap.

I don't understand this, because this coin has everything to make it.
I'm confused...

Regards

Robbie
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:35:41 AM

Too many new coins coming out, we are giving too much value to the new ones and forgetting the old, steady ones.

I don't really like where it's heading, I see it in a negative way right now. But if you can't beat them, join them.
meee

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:38:04 AM

What is happening to Earthcoin? Huh
Value is dropping and it even has left the top 30 on Coinmarketcap.

I don't understand this, because this coin has everything to make it.
I'm confused...

Regards

Robbie

Because Netcoin is so much better? lol, Sorry, just being a troll...

But in all seriousness I don't mind earthcoin either, think it is a pretty decent coin. Not sure why it is being dumped so hard, to be honest I don't know all that much about it. Maybe it was pre-mined or something?

volunteering2014 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:04:20 AM

Too many new coins coming out, we are giving too much value to the new ones and forgetting the old, steady ones.

I don't really like where it's heading, I see it in a negative way right now. But if you can't beat them, join them.

I agree on that.
The new coins all get pumped at some point, and many ppl make good money from that.
But for every winner there is a loser, never forget that!
We need steady ones as well, like earthcoin.
For my long term investment, I'm all in on EAC.

They have so many good things going on right now...

- EAC/USD exchange being build http://incryptex.com/
- Android wallet almost finished http://earthcoin.eu/?p=288&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=android-wallet
- Earthazaar being build http://earthazaar.com/
- Earthcoin foundation http://getearthcoin.com/eac_foundation.html

I still believe this coin has a good future in the world of altcoins!

Regards

Robbie
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:19:54 PM

I think EAC has a great community and devs, but there are to many coins in circulation to fast. I got out at 600 satoshi, should of been 800, but o well made some money. nows the time to buy though. been thinking about getting back in, but will wait for difficulty/reward drop more.

iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:40:24 PM

Because Earthcoin requires 1 million dollars per day to maintain a stable price. Ain't happening.
volunteering2014 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

Because Earthcoin requires 1 million dollars per day to maintain a stable price. Ain't happening.

I don't know where you get those numbers...?
@ the current price, you need 10,080$ to maintain the value.

Dogecoin for example, needs 864,000$ to maintain the current value.

Even @800 sat EAC would only cost 70,560$ to maintain that value.

If you give us information, please make sure you give correct information.

regards

Robbie
thejepper

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:17:09 PM

i've got some EAC as long-shot investment but honestly the coin it isnt that innovative, just had a really well marketed launch.

Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:22:44 PM

pretty big premine, and nothing innovative about it.

VTC > LTC
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:23:40 PM

i've got some EAC as long-shot investment but honestly the coin it isnt that innovative, just had a really well marketed launch.

Coins don't need to be innovative, they just need to work, honestly do you think the ordinary person really gives a shit if a coin is sha 256, scrypt with a specific algorithm.

At the end of the day coins just have bad names, bitcoin is great, litecoin is fine, iCoin is amazing (if the devs end up doing something with it), eCoin is alright... but really
most of the coins I don't see my GF ever taking a interest in besides iCoin.

I even like the name Digibyte but I am a geek, but outside the crypto community it's a name that won't fit well in the real world, unfortunately that's the same with most coins.
volunteering2014 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:31:15 PM

I agree on that, the coin isn't the most innovative.
But I believe what's most important is the community + the fact that you can actually buy something with your coins.
This is where EAC will succeed I believe...
Your coin might be as innovative as you want, but if no one is able to use it, or to convert it to usd and back, it's only a submedium to BTC in my opinion.

The EAC devs and community are working very hard to get these things done.
Earthazaar, where you can actualy buy things with your EAC, and Incryptex where you can buy EAC with dollars, or trade your EAC for dollars.

The android wallet, earthcoin foundations and all other good things that are coming are well needed extra's!

Regards

Robbie
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

and nothing innovative about it.

+1
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

This + there isn't anything innovative about Earthcoin or Vertcoin really. Other, older coins solve for their 'innovation'

Producer
Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:19:25 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 03:36:01 PM by Iter

This + there isn't anything innovative about Earthcoin or Vertcoin really.

Vert has some innovation, but not enough to warrant its market cap this early.

nice contradiction.

VTC > LTC
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:58:29 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 04:12:40 PM by rhyso

Ummm EAC is only a couple of months old. I mined it from launch, held it for a bit and now I have dumped it...

The truly undervalued coin is MEC...

So many have said it was pre-mined, it was not. So many have said it has no innovation, now the KGW has been adopted by a hoard of coins...

EAC is new and I am no expert but apart from a nice logo and a bit of marketing it is not really innovative or worth holding...

But who knows, look a DOGE for pete's sake... LOL

accrual of monetary value
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

This + there isn't anything innovative about Earthcoin or Vertcoin really. Other, older coins solve for their 'innovation'

Reagrding VTC - is it YAC and CACH you are referring to? Educate me on which others if you'd like Smiley
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

I've just stopped mining LTC and focusing on this now with my GPU. Can see some potential in it, so I'm willing to mine some while it's still a bit quiet and take a risk on it potentially rocketing down the track, as I've got ASIC hardware working away on BTC and soon to switch that to PPC, so I'm not overly invested in EAC. The marketplace and so on should really help, not too many other coins seem to try and do this (i.e. 99% of the pump-and-dumps and novelty coins kicking about).
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

This + there isn't anything innovative about Earthcoin or Vertcoin really.

Vert has some innovation, but not enough to warrant its market cap this early.

nice contradiction.

Notice how I said some innovation and nothing really innovative about vertcoin or earthcoin?

I wouldn't say that's a contradiction. They both don't bring that much new to the table that warrants them having a high market cap. They obviously have some different features (albeit nothing significant), but they aren't Namecoin for example. I hope you understand this.

Producer
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

Not alot of money if you consider the global supply though, I have to guess that it will be around for awhile, and its value would rise if there were brick and mortar shop's accepting it as currency, that is my best guess why so many altcoins are undervalued, they need to be accepted as currency in the mainstream of consumer's, then shop's would accept it as a  means of payment.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Kasym

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:52:50 PM

Earthcoin never had anything going for it and I'd go so far as to say, was a scam. The foundation is a joke obviously thrown together to deceive hapless goodniks. Take a look at it over at www.earthcoin.biz - the projects are really micky mouse, and above all- the sort where it would be unprovable as to how much support they actually do send.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: