August 28, 2024, 07:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will mt gox allow withdrawls
in a few days - 7 (12.5%)
in a few weeks - 14 (25%)
in a few months - 5 (8.9%)
whats a withdrawl? free money or something? - 5 (8.9%)
Gox goes down before any withdrawls are given - 25 (44.6%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its a buyers market. Gox delay and prices plummeting. Whose buying now?  (Read 2570 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

"MtGox will resume bitcoin withdrawals to outside wallets once the issue outlined above has been properly addressed in a manner that will best serve our customers."

The prices (on bitstamp) are going down.  Who is buying now or who is waiting for it to plummet more?
------
sub 600 reached
paulifa123

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:57:58 AM

Watching and waiting... Wink

AlexM

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:04:24 AM

I have tested the market with a small buy or 2, these are cheap prices but I have set a wall of buys lower. Hopefully we will hit them before we go to the moon later in the year lol!

Smiley 1KQdUW6gjbJrdWUuLfMvaLzceMVE2dniB9
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:55:58 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 02:07:44 PM by MatTheCat

"MtGox will resume bitcoin withdrawals to outside wallets once the issue outlined above has been properly addressed in a manner that will best serve our customers."

The prices (on bitstamp) are going down.  Who is buying now or who is waiting for it to plummet more?
------
sub 600 reached

If Gox resumes withdrawals, then it will die on the very same day. Gox is facing a death sentence, all it can do is delay the inevitable which may or may not be a useful tactic for the crooks operating Gox.

For me it is yet again an out and out wait. Market looking increasingly likely to go sub $400. No way is this the end of it.

Down to $100 on both BTC-e and Bitfinex. Just shows you what can happen when/if panic really sets in.

Furthermore, whilst it is all very well looking at the absolute bottom on charts with a shoulda, woulda, coulda, mentality, you have got to think of your own pscyhological make-up when playing the catching falling knifes game.

In a previous drop to $540 (from $800), I caught the falling knife at $640, but it was back up at $740 before I knew anything about it. So that was nice and I cashed out the lot at $880. On the drop down to $380 however, I did have my buys in the $400-$500 range but debating with Bitcoin Nutters on this forum managed to convince me that my $400 buy ins were a little 'unrealistic' (I guess I got lol'd and *facepalmed* at too many times), so I moved my tranches up $100 and ended up catching the knife at $540. I got to my computer when Bitcoin was at $440. 'Knowing' that it would bounce dramatically up, I waited and low and behold, it bounced right up to $550.....and then back down to sub $500 where a very bearish pennant started to form on the 5 min chart. I lost my nerve and sold everything at $490. At the end of the week, Bitcoin was $700 and topped out at almost $1000.

With me being me, I would have been better waiting until uptrend was confirmed, which would have meant buying in high $500s or low $600s for me, and taking in probable 30% profits. As it happened, I took a £900 loss on that trade.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 03:06:59 PM

I have been waiting for this opportunity. Panic is wonderful.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:08:57 PM

I woke up with 226 more btc this morning then I had when I went to bed last night. I'm HODLING.
warpio

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:15:44 PM

I think if you have fiat available, and you can afford losing it in the event that BTC ultimately fails and goes to $0, then it's always a good idea to spread out that available fiat into small buy orders at random intervals. so like at every $10 drop you buy a trivial amount of bitcoins with your available fiat. As long as events like this keep happening, where people panic even though BTC is still fundamentally still working perfectly, you can just relax and forget about it.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

I woke up with 226 more btc this morning then I had when I went to bed last night. I'm HODLING.

Of course you did.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
jamesb777

Activity: 49
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

I think at this point there's more chance of losing money than making it..
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:29:48 PM

Of course you did.

And of course you did not!
paulifa123

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:34:21 PM

If Gox resumes withdrawals, then it will die on the very same day. Gox is facing a death sentence, all it can do is delay the inevitable which may or may not be a useful tactic for the crooks operating Gox.

You know what Mat, I think you're wrong, I've observed just how dumb some people really are, I'd bet if/when they resume withdrawals, people will still use them  Shocked

coinpharmer

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

------
sub 600 reached

poll is broken due to being about mtgox. im sad i missed this epic buying chance at sub 200 prices, but may still buy a 650 coin. my reasons for not being too eager for 650/coin is that Im already heavy in btc. ill pick up part of a coin today atleast though and more if it dips again
j3steven

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:58:28 PM

------
sub 600 reached

poll is broken due to being about mtgox. im sad i missed this epic buying chance at sub 200 prices, but may still buy a 650 coin. my reasons for not being too eager for 650/coin is that Im already heavy in btc. ill pick up part of a coin today atleast though and more if it dips again

You had to have a bot to get in on the sub-$200 coins, they went instantly with people who had automated orders on them.  With that said, there was about a 5-10 minute window I saw on both Coinbase and BTC-E where it was 450-550ish.  I told myself if i saw 600 I would buy a little, and I got a small amount at 560 around 5am EST

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:08:23 PM

You had to have a bot to get in on the sub-$200 coins, they went instantly with people who had automated orders on them.  With that said, there was about a 5-10 minute window I saw on both Coinbase and BTC-E where it was 450-550ish.  I told myself if i saw 600 I would buy a little, and I got a small amount at 560 around 5am EST

It would be interesting to hear if anyone had ultra low BTC-e orders that never got filled. I have been the victim of prices dipping below my buy in orders and somehow not getting them filled before it shoots away back up. That would be on Bitfinex.

If there was front running bots involved, then here is one of your culprits:

[I woke up with over 200 BTC more than I had when I was asleep]

Hey Bobshite, don't fancy showing us a screenshot of your buy in do ya?

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:18:02 PM

It would be interesting to hear if anyone had ultra low BTC-e orders that never got filled. I have been the victim of prices dipping below my buy in orders and somehow not getting them filled before it shoots away back up. That would be on Bitfinex.

If there was front running bots involved, then here is one of your culprits:

[I woke up with over 200 BTC more than I had when I was asleep]

Hey Bobshite, don't fancy showing us a screenshot of your buy in do ya?

Yes there are many on BTC-e who has orders in $100-$300 range that never got filled in, it happened so fast that i think only a limited amount of people actually got to buy it at those prices before it shot up to $500+

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:27:21 PM

Yes there are many on BTC-e who has orders in $100-$300 range that never got filled in, it happened so fast that i think only a limited amount of people actually got to buy it at those prices before it shot up to $500+

If someone had orders at $200 that went unfulfilled, then there is no good reason at all why the price should go below this. The fact that it did, proves that these trading platforms (BTC-e and Bitfinex) are hooky, with front running facilities clearly being provided to selected parties.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:29:48 PM

Why is simple incompetence always blown up into nefarious conspiracy theory. Can't people just write crap code anymore?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:31:39 PM

Don't know if  OP's question is serious, but: me, for example. Admittedly, I also sold 2 days before, at around 680/690, but who in his right mind *wouldn't* buy when there's such a nice opportunity at 530/540 :D

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:39:39 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 08:00:14 PM by MatTheCat

Why is simple incompetence always blown up into nefarious conspiracy theory. Can't people just write crap code anymore?

'Crap Code' that benefits certain parties immensely at everyone else's expense?

The reason that everyone jumps to nefarious conclusions us because most of the time in the real world, such events are accompanied by nefarious deeds...

Oh c'mon, the money was just

resting in my account!

trepper

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:57:49 PM

If someone had orders at $200 that went unfulfilled, then there is no good reason at all why the price should go below this. The fact that it did, proves that these trading platforms (BTC-e and Bitfinex) are hooky, with front running facilities clearly being provided to selected parties.

For example, my 90 days+ old buy order @503 on Gox has never been fullfilled this morning, but I'm sure  it will tomorrow  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: