June 30, 2024, 07:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will mt gox allow withdrawls
in a few days - 7 (12.5%)
in a few weeks - 14 (25%)
in a few months - 5 (8.9%)
whats a withdrawl? free money or something? - 5 (8.9%)
Gox goes down before any withdrawls are given - 25 (44.6%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its a buyers market. Gox delay and prices plummeting. Whose buying now?  (Read 2555 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

Why is simple incompetence always blown up into nefarious conspiracy theory. Can't people just write crap code anymore?

'Crap Code' that benefits certain parties immensely at everyone else's expense?

The reason that everyone jumps to nefarious conclusions us because most of the time in the real world, such events are accompanied by nefarious deeds...

Oh c'mon, the money was just

resting in my account!

My question, then, is whether you think Karpeles is an idiot, or an evil genius?

I'm as cynical as the next man about a lot of stuff. I'm putting this one down to circumstances though. It was a trading site for an online card game... I'm guessing the standard of code for that wasn't too high Wink

I think he just got too deep too quick. I'm a coder I wouldn't relish having to suddenly learn everything about high performance n-tier architecture because traffic to my site was increasing exponentially, and the consequences of failure suddenly becoming millions of dollars. I think he panicked and hoped for the best. A lot.

I reckon they are just a bit crap. Some have greatness thrust upon them; Karpales fumbled it Wink

Just my $0.02 though Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:51:03 PM

price on stamp has hovered around $666 for far too long, be careful!

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:53:12 PM

Yes there are many on BTC-e who has orders in $100-$300 range that never got filled in, it happened so fast that i think only a limited amount of people actually got to buy it at those prices before it shot up to $500+

If someone had orders at $200 that went unfulfilled, then there is no good reason at all why the price should go below this. The fact that it did, proves that these trading platforms (BTC-e and Bitfinex) are hooky, with front running facilities clearly being provided to selected parties.

True.

and indeed it didn't execute many orders at that price level, i was having a discussion earlier with some traders whom i know confirmed the same.

geri

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:54:24 PM

I'm buying, more than I should, but not on Mt. Gox, I love myself too much to do that.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

My question, then, is whether you think Karpeles is an idiot, or an evil genius?

I'm as cynical as the next man about a lot of stuff. I'm putting this one down to circumstances though. It was a trading site for an online card game... I'm guessing the standard of code for that wasn't too high Wink

I think he just got too deep too quick. I'm a coder I wouldn't relish having to suddenly learn everything about high performance n-tier architecture because traffic to my site was increasing exponentially, and the consequences of failure suddenly becoming millions of dollars. I think he panicked and hoped for the best. A lot.

I reckon they are just a bit crap. Some have greatness thrust upon them; Karpales fumbled it Wink

Just my $0.02 though Smiley

Way in over his head, liar, opportunistic thief, and in that order.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: