Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hayes: A Positive Regulatory Etf Will Push Bitcoin to $50,000 in 2018  (Read 314 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:12:52 PM

Are you joking, a price from 6500 usd to 50,000 in just 6 months left for the year to come an end. No ,I don't even think bitcoins at this stage can cross a price of even 20,000 on January 2019.
From $6500 to $52,000 is an increase of 700%.

We in 2017 went from $750 to $19,500 which is an increase of 2500%.

No one could have seen that coming, and that's the whole point of these massive bull runs. They are effective because no one expects them, and that stimulates people's emotions and directly make fomo insanely powerful.

I can agree that it is unlikely to happen again this soon, but this market is literally capable of anything with the right amount of hype, momentum and where high volumes of capital is being injected. We had all that last year.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:10:27 AM

if ETF and all that comes with it really goes through it can change this current trend and turn it into a big rise. and the market being ready for the rise at the moment will help that a lot so it can even be an easy transition but i still can not see a new ATH this year. we may see a big rise and above $10k again by the end of 2018 but to set a new ATH we still need a lot of fresh money to come in and that takes time. end of 2019 for a new ATH is a better guess in my opinion.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
dbravo

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:05:33 PM

I think it’s a good news and i also believe bitcoin don't need anything extra for attracting customers. Because we all know bitcoin price will increase that’s why we all wants to connect with this coin.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

I admire those person who have so much positivity on them like Hayes and Lee,, but the one thing that holding them by accepting they’re wrong and failure to predict the future is the 5 months remaining of 2018.. Time is shrinking fast..

For the meantime with any means I’m still optimistic on what they’re saying and doing what I always do “HODLING”,, the better options than selling on a lowering price..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Arifulislam1010

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:05:09 PM

This news is good for me because I support for this market regulations based on this it doesn’t effect on btc price I think but on the other hand their price may be increased because of it people can invest more also that time price can increase drastically.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

I have been hearing about ETF news forever now. It has been years since the first attempts by the Winklevii. I will believe it when I see it. Until them, it's just more clickbaity articles for news to fill their schedule.

If someone actually gets away with an approved ETF, even if generally I don't like all trading that doesn't happen with the underlying asset being present, it will help pumping the price a bunch I expect. A lot of computer illiterate people but with very big pockets will be able to get exposure to Bitcoin via ETF. $50k is definitely possible with a solid ETF approval news.
Facinat

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:28:40 AM

Are you joking, a price from 6500 usd to 50,000 in just 6 months left for the year to come an end. No ,I don't even think bitcoins at this stage can cross a price of even 20,000 on January 2019.

It depends if there is good regulatory news. If 1% of pension funds enters crypto market, the price will be much higher.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:39:29 AM

From $6500 to $52,000 is an increase of 700%.

We in 2017 went from $750 to $19,500 which is an increase of 2500%.

No one could have seen that coming, and that's the whole point of these massive bull runs. They are effective because no one expects them, and that stimulates people's emotions and directly make fomo insanely powerful.

I can agree that it is unlikely to happen again this soon, but this market is literally capable of anything with the right amount of hype, momentum and where high volumes of capital is being injected. We had all that last year.

Seeing the downfall of bitcoin from ATH to its price now, it seems that bitcoin will be having a hard time recovering so the rise of bitcoin to $50k within this year is just too good to be true but when you see the rise of price last year, you will be astounded as to how much the bitcoin is capable of rising. Once people see that its price is rising again, FOMO would come back and maybe we can reach a new all time high again. We might not believe that it will happen sooner but then who knows because after all bitcoin keeps us surprising.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:18:04 PM

I´d argue that there are various other factors that intensify these bull runs.

1. The tiny float of coins on the exchanges
Most Bitcoins aren´t traded at the exchanges and are therefore not really
relevant for the price discovery. You can easily push the price upwards, because
it is easy to deplete the existing offers in the order book.

2. Social media
A sudden spike in the Bitcoin price generates media coverage and is intensified
by the shilling on social media. Every Bitcoin holder is obviously incentivized to
promote Bitcoin and this feeds into the FOMO feeling.

3. 24/7 trading
Bitcoin can be traded 24/7 and doesn´t really have these weekend breaks
like most traditional markets that allow the market participants to calm down.
This also leads to an increase in irrational behavior, which obviously
intensifies the price action during a bull run.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:32:34 PM

I am not sure about how big the price would be but i am expecting a rally if ETF is approved and the chances are really high with many positive opinions coming out suggesting that this time we will have the long awaited approval of ETF and the market is showing some signs of recovery without a doubt but it will surely hurt the alt coin market as everyone will dump alt coins to make sure that they do not miss the rally, either way things are interesting
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:00:03 PM

What if all the moon predictions about the end of this year that we've been hearing from so many people are based on their belief or even insider information that ETF will get applied? Or what if they were simply building up the hype to pump the price, first without mentioning the ETF, now with it? The market seem extremely speculative now, the influence of news and rumors is growing, and that can mean even more volatility. I'm not sure if we'll have a bull run soon, but it seems very likely that we'll have some price swings. My advice is simple: don't FOMO/FUD and think long term.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
God

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:42:44 PM

Maybe the price will be going up, but it will never touch more than $50,000 in less than a few more months from now, so that is just a dream, and people should stop dreaming that high, because it is not possible and reliable.

thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:35:47 PM

No way. An accepted ETF would certainly push Bitcoin back to bullish territory and leave behind any doubt that we are out of the bull market, but just from that news it'd probably pop the price up like a thousand or two. And it'd probably take a few months before even a decent amount of money starts coming in from ETF. I could see $50k in 2019 but now this year.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:10:23 AM

What if all the moon predictions about the end of this year that we've been hearing from so many people are based on their belief or even insider information that ETF will get applied? Or what if they were simply building up the hype to pump the price, first without mentioning the ETF, now with it?

I doubt it. I think they've just been stuck in bubble/hype mode since 2017, and the ETF rumors add more fuel to the fire.

Time is always a big question mark, which is why "by the end of the year" is so silly. Tim Draper is the only guy in the room being reasonable from that perspective.

The market seem extremely speculative now, the influence of news and rumors is growing, and that can mean even more volatility. I'm not sure if we'll have a bull run soon, but it seems very likely that we'll have some price swings. My advice is simple: don't FOMO/FUD and think long term.

I think we're in a range market for the foreseeable future: taking profit at every level is the best way to trade. We've seen a lot of downside, there should be some mid-term bouncing, but we need a lot more evidence before assuming a raging bull market is upon us. The ETF is a "buy the rumor, sell the news" situation as far as I can tell.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: