Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worried about Mt Gox? What does this price fall mean for BTC and its clones?  (Read 6224 times)
TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:46:44 AM

Centralized exchanges have long governed Bitcoin transactions. From the plights of Bitinstant to the regulatory, technical demise of Mt. Gox to the wipeouts of centralized wallets by hacking, we have witnessed costly screwups by centralized players. Subject to regulation and easily targeted by world governments and hackers alike, centralized exchanges have no place in the new economy. Tragically, the Bitcoin community has trashed the very savior of Bitcoin transactions from the start: Ripple. Ripple offers a means to conduct transactions instantly with little to no fees in a decentralized manner. This means no longer do we have to wait for confirmations or trust exchanges to be technically capable or safe from a regulatory standpoint - no longer do we have to rely on centralized merchanting solutions. We can bypass confirmation times and reduce fraud to zero by conducting merchanting on the Ripple protocol.

Why hasn't the Bitcoin community caught on? Now is the perfect time - when Mt. Gox withdraws finally come through send that Bitcoin to the Ripple protocol and enjoy freedom once more!

Instead of disregarding Ripple because some Bitcoiner has told you that it is centralized (lie), Ripple isn't open-source (lie) or Ripple is premined (this isn't bitcoin, there is no wasteful mining - lie), think for yourself for once. Remember this. Ripple is competing with BitPay, NOT Bitcoin.

If you do not understand Ripple, I suggest Peercover.com - incredibly user friendly!
BThunderW

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

Pump much?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

This is an ad for Ripple ? lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

Nope. Just something a majority of people are missing out on. I'm personally sick of waiting sometimes over an hour for a Bitcoin transaction every time I go outside of the Ripple protocol. Everything is so much quicker and easier in there. Instant transactions and it is FREE. My wallet holds XRP, BTC, LTC, USD, shares etc. Wow! Not just the one currency. I only experience the reality when I transfer my Bitcoin using Bitcoin bridge (where you replace a Ripple address with a Bitcoin address) and it sends the Bitcoin outside of the network.

I feel sorry for those of you who do not open their eyes and continue to live in the stone age with your long confirmation times, fees, centralized exchanges etc - so little freedom. I can instantly turn my BTC into ANY currency/ commodity (being crypto, fiat, precious metals etc instantly if it is crashing). I don't need to wait hours while sinking with the boat, everything is interchangeable within Ripple INSTANTLY.

MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:54:33 PM

Whoever have the gut now can put money into mtgox and buy when its low Smiley

MileyJohanson
SolarFox

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

Some ppl don`t like to be driven in their own cars. But in this case, maybe they should think about changing something in near future.
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

ripple is not the solution, we need a truly open, non centralised, fair p2p trading system

thejepper

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:58:09 PM

more info here:
http://ripplescam.org/

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

more info here:
proudly presented by tradefortress. Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:11:54 PM

more info here:

Do you know who wrote that? His name is TradeFortress. I invite you to search him on the bitcoin boards.

You might find some unpleasant truth behind this Bitcoin whale (who felt intimidated due to his large bitcoin holdings - wonder where the motivation came from  Roll Eyes ) such as a scammer who stole millions of dollars from vulnerable people and countless other questionable actions. Can't be bothered to do some homework? Simply click his trust rating. I think we could all classify that website as a unreliable source due to the unreliable/ shady author.

Edit: Let's open this up for discussion. If you were building a world changing protocol which could change the current financial landscape. How would you fairly distribute the currency? I look forward to hearing your reply!
thejepper

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

more info here:

Do you know who wrote that? His name is TradeFortress. I invite you to search him on the bitcoin boards.

You might find some unpleasant truth behind this Bitcoin whale (who felt intimidated due to his large bitcoin holdings - wonder where the motivation came from  Roll Eyes ) such as a scammer who stole millions of dollars from vulnerable people and countless other questionable actions. Can't be bothered to do some homework? Simply click his trust rating. I think we could all classify that website as a unreliable source due to the unreliable/ shady author.

Edit: Let's open this up for discussion. If you were building a world changing protocol which could change the current financial landscape. How would you fairly distribute the currency? I look forward to hearing your reply!

Did not know who wrote it. The problems remain though, the currency is partly centralized with its central server use, i believe most servers are run by the company itself (there is no incentive to run a server too) and there is a very hefty, up to absurd, premine (25%)

For a fair distributrion: PoW mining with pre-announce and source release at start switching to new protocol after initial mining window. Like Peercoin.

As the protocol is open source i look forward to a fair fork.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

They do not have a chance to create more XRP - just look at the code and api, there is no transaction that could do that. This is just as ridiculous as the articles that claim bitcoin miners could create any amount of coins at will.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:34:02 PM

Nxt is making a true decentralised p2p exchange.

Ripple is centralised through few ledgers. Ledger owners can make a cartel and scam people.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

Nxt is making a true decentralised p2p exchange.

Ripple is centralised through few ledgers. Ledger owners can make a cartel and scam people.
It seems like you have no idea what you are talking about... "Ledger" is the balance of all accounts, orders and trust lines on Ripple, there is no "owner" - it is (like the satoshi block chain) a single distributed database that has a globally agreed state from time to time (in Bitcoin ~every 10 minutes via PoW, in Ripple every ~10 seconds via Consensus).

What you probably mean is "validators" (the nodes used to reach consensus). Yes, just like miners in Bitcoin, validators can theoretically form cartels.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

Centralized exchanges have long governed Bitcoin transactions. From the plights of Bitinstant to the regulatory, technical demise of Mt. Gox to the wipeouts of centralized wallets by hacking, we have witnessed costly screwups by centralized players. Subject to regulation and easily targeted by world governments and hackers alike, centralized exchanges have no place in the new economy. Tragically, the Bitcoin community has trashed the very savior of Bitcoin transactions from the start: Ripple. Ripple offers a means to conduct transactions instantly with little to no fees in a decentralized manner. This means no longer do we have to wait for confirmations or trust exchanges to be technically capable or safe from a regulatory standpoint - no longer do we have to rely on centralized merchanting solutions. We can bypass confirmation times and reduce fraud to zero by conducting merchanting on the Ripple protocol.

Why hasn't the Bitcoin community caught on? Now is the perfect time - when Mt. Gox withdraws finally come through send that Bitcoin to the Ripple protocol and enjoy freedom once more!

Instead of disregarding Ripple because some Bitcoiner has told you that it is centralized (lie), Ripple isn't open-source (lie) or Ripple is premined (this isn't bitcoin, there is no wasteful mining - lie), think for yourself for once. Remember this. Ripple is competing with BitPay, NOT Bitcoin.

If you do not understand Ripple, I suggest Peercover.com - incredibly user friendly!

I've tried my hardest to like Ripple, used it for 6 months. I have no issue with the distribution. The issue is the way it works. ITS A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS. I still ahve coins in my wallet that I can't work out how to sell cause I have to set up a gateway with a specific trader. ITS AWFUL it drove me to tears. Since using Bitcoin its been a breeze, never had an issue with transactions. I don't care what anyine says about Ripple its not easy and quick, its a pain and slow in the end to do anything. Maybe somone will build a financial service on top of it until then I say to people stay away from that crap.

Now we do need a decentralized instant system so I'm sure you will be the first to welcome the new decentralised exchange coming to NXT very soon?
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:04:55 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 02:56:06 AM by anderl

the price fall means its a free market.  Not a centralized market that is controller by a few insiders.  I do not want a central bank crypto.  I want to make my own choices.  Ripple is a scam because it makes me put my faith in a few people who control it.  Even if they are honest they can be replaced by more corrupt people with their own agenda.  So screw ripple's system.  It is inherently flawed.

"Ripple is a scam! Ripple is a get rich quick scheme for it's creators, a private for-profit company. It is NOT open source. It is CENTRALIZED, akin to PayPal rather than Bitcoin. For more info, visit RippleScam.org."
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

Does Ripple even exist now is it still being used by a lot of people?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:09:43 AM

I've tried my hardest to like Ripple, used it for 6 months. I have no issue with the distribution. The issue is the way it works. ITS A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS. I still ahve coins in my wallet that I can't work out how to sell cause I have to set up a gateway with a specific trader. ITS AWFUL it drove me to tears. Since using Bitcoin its been a breeze, never had an issue with transactions. I don't care what anyine says about Ripple its not easy and quick, its a pain and slow in the end to do anything. Maybe somone will build a financial service on top of it until then I say to people stay away from that crap.

Now we do need a decentralized instant system so I'm sure you will be the first to welcome the new decentralised exchange coming to NXT very soon?

That is why I suggested Peercover.com they have done exactly what you have suggested. For example, instead of finding a gateway address and inputting it manually. On Peercover, you just click which gateways you trust. Simple as that. There is also stocks, insurance, rewards and a host of other cryptos you can trade in simple gateway. There is so much potential.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:18:27 AM

the price fall means its a free market.  Not a centralized market that is controller by a few insiders.  I do not want a central bank crypto.  I want to make my own choices.  Ripple is a scam because it makes me put my faith in a few people who control it.  Even if they are honest they can be replaced by more corrupt people with their own agenda.  So screw ripple's system.  It is inherently flawed.

This is another argument I laugh at and should include into my OP.

You do realize that those accounts at the top manipulate the Bitcoin prices? You do realize that the Winki Twins alone have around 1% of ALL BTC's? You do realize that the US GOVERNMENT has the SECOND biggest Bitcoin wallet after Satoshi? What do you think they could do any moment?

Bitcoin is run by Whales looking to get richer. Freedom is just an illusion and your ignorance has demonstrated that perfectly in front of everyone. At least I know who is behind Ripple and that they have an incentive to make it a success. We don't have some government entity that holds a majority of XRP, looking to destroy the network. 
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:22:04 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 02:57:59 AM by anderl

the price fall means its a free market.  Not a centralized market that is controller by a few insiders.  I do not want a central bank crypto.  I want to make my own choices.  Ripple is a scam because it makes me put my faith in a few people who control it.  Even if they are honest they can be replaced by more corrupt people with their own agenda.  So screw ripple's system.  It is inherently flawed.

This is another argument I laugh at and should include into my OP.

You do realize that those accounts at the top manipulate the Bitcoin prices? You do realize that the Winki Twins alone have around 1% of ALL BTC's? You do realize that the US GOVERNMENT has the SECOND biggest Bitcoin wallet after Satoshi? What do you think they could do any moment?

Bitcoin is run by Whales looking to get richer. Freedom is just an illusion and your ignorance has demonstrated that perfectly in front of everyone. At least I know who is behind Ripple and that they have an incentive to make it a success. We don't have some government entity that holds a majority of XRP, looking to destroy the network.  

Citation needed.  I have proof of ripple's centralized control as it is part of the architecture.  It was designed that way.  All you have is speculation and conjecture.  Keep spreading FUD because that is all you have.

"Ripple is a scam! Ripple is a get rich quick scheme for it's creators, a private for-profit company. It is NOT open source. It is CENTRALIZED, akin to PayPal rather than Bitcoin. For more info, visit RippleScam.org."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: