Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with Token Spam  (Read 375 times)
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

Some of you may have noticed a bunch of tokens appearing in your Ethereum Wallet in the last couple of days that you have no idea where they came from. In my case it was  tokens for IFOOD, FRES, LXT, DAG, ARP, EES, NC & LET. When people send me token spam my standard response is to report them to Etherscan as a spam token. If you have received unsolicited tokens you should also report them as this is the only we can stop what is now a nuisance from becoming a plague.
It can't be reported and it will be exist in the blockchain. I doubt that etherscan will give a feedback for your report. The only thing i will do to send them all to the default wallet and it can decrease their supply. But this will not help a lot but at least this is my effort to not keep shit token in my wallet.

Following that strategy I'm afraid that you will run out of ETH very soon. At the end, the best thing you can do is leave those tokens in your wallet and forget about them, unless someday they become valuable.
ChopseyMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:19:31 PM

If you understand that that it is a scam token them you can just ignore or report it.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

That's really irritating. This spam tokens only clogs the Ethereum network. Actions must be taken to prevent this spam coins from clogging the blockchain network.
GaryCynthia

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:40:44 PM

It has been heared that many spam tokens are appearing on the ethereum wallets of the people. It is not a matter tp worry but you can report against it on the Etherscan.
DosPower

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:43:34 PM

Wow, I didn't know that was a thing. Anyway to determine how they got your address. Is it through joining another airdrop, or they just randomly look for address on the Eth chain?
bastian466

Activity: 1316
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:52:00 PM

it could be a good step for the future can reduce the garbage token scams make the perpetrators will not do it again, so the creators create a real project real quality and useful

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
johnokeefe09

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:43:00 PM

Spam mainly takes place by offering promo tokens, tokens with zero value and a free advertising for every eth address known.The best solution to prevent your main wallet from being wasted is not sharing your wallet address to airdrops or in public. Keep a separate wallet for airdrop, general use and long term storage. It might be a bit expensive for fees but worth the trouble not to happen in future.
barsametu01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:42:03 PM

Actually in market many things have been created for crypto based on this some are good some are fraud or scams based on this situations some tokens are also found scams so we need to follow the instructions and gain knowledge about scams so we can avoid loss.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:47:03 PM

it could be a good step for the future can reduce the garbage token scams make the perpetrators will not do it again
It is a good step to send those useless tokens to a random ethereum address?

so the creators create a real project real quality and useful
No, creators aren't creating those things all of the time they are only creating ICO tokens that will make them rich and leave it after making money and repeat.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:49:59 PM

Exactly, i was also surprised to see some tokens i never took part in entering into my wallet. At first, i was like, i never did this, not until later, i discovered they were spams. I think it is high to get total rid of them.
maneka

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:04:30 AM

Spam is always a nightmare, although most email clients have spam filters, but nothing is perfect. Here are some techniques to help you minimize spam.
Teach the filter where the spam is
1.When you see spam in your inbox the first thing is not to delete it, but let the filter know that this is spam and the next time it encounters it to spam it.
2. Never respond or respond to spam
When you see something unusual in the email received, do not open it, or if opened, absolutely do not click on any links, buttons and do not download attachments.
If spam is sent from your colleague or friend, it's best to contact them to make sure this email is reliable.
3. Hide your email address
The more people who know your email, the more spam they send you, the more you should create 2 separate emails like work email and personal email. You can use your personal email to write to the web when you sign up for a service on the web, business-only email (colleagues, customers, partners, etc.).
Or you can use fake email instead of your real email with the blur tools, spamex, mailshell ...
4.Anti-spam filter
Most Antivirus or Internet Security software of antivirus companies have spam blockers but it is better integrated with Microsoft Outlook on your personal computer and does not work with webmail.
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:09:18 AM

I usually report that token too but in the end that coin never removed from my etherwallet so I just ignore it and sometimes in 1-2months the token suddenly will disappear, so next time I don't report it again and just let it stay.
MichleDow

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

Some of you may have noticed a bunch of tokens appearing in your Ethereum Wallet in the last couple of days that you have no idea where they came from. In my case it was  tokens for IFOOD, FRES, LXT, DAG, ARP, EES, NC & LET. When people send me token spam my standard response is to report them to Etherscan as a spam token. If you have received unsolicited tokens you should also report them as this is the only way we can stop what is now a nuisance from becoming a plague.

I just do not pay attention to them. From them there is no benefit, but I do not see any harm. I think let them just be in the wallet, maybe someday something from it will grow in price Smiley
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:31:31 PM

I don´t think this is going to become a real problem since if it becomes too much it will become automatically filtered in most wallets.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 04:36:12 PM

This can be called counterfeiters in the crypto world, as well as fiat currencies, there are a lot of fakes, and cryptocurrencies have not escaped the same fate. Can somebody come up with a project for the destruction of such false and spam coins.
anchuoinhhoc

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:51:46 PM

I am very upset when faced with spam so it will take us a lot of time to work in vain. I hope someone will fix it

██▬██▬██▬██▬██▬██      iTEX      ██▬██▬██▬██▬██▬██
██████████   INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE   ██████████
https://itex.exchange/
Arceusz

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:47:29 PM

I think you should not entertained those token scam because they are wasting of time.
Instead of entertaining them you should spend your time in most valuable thing that should do first.
pretfeestje

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

It's really becoming annoying and even something else with the spam tokens. I really do wish that something urgent and valid can be done towards preventing or stopping the people that are behind these scam tokens. Just be careful as to what site you visit and the kind of ads you allow on your phone. There's almost little or nothing that can be done regarding them for now.
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:47:29 PM

For me I’m dealing with token spam by preventing myself from them and if the time that comes
that I’m the one who victim of this then I will report it to the authorities to do an action about this.
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:23:20 PM

If we have lots of different types of tokens in our wallet. l think it's a trick to know about our eth. address. we should be careful & ignore them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: