Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:41:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing Z9 mini to Europe - Not allowed in Germany?  (Read 346 times)
SergejDoe (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:03:46 AM

All,

a friend of mine just got a statement by the german customs that his ordered Z9 Mini does not comply to european regulations, and hence needs to be sent back or destroyed. I can share the letter by the customs if needed.

Can anybody that successfully imported a Z9 to Germany let me know if he/she faced similar issues ?

Thank you & my best regards

mfyilmaz

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

First of all you should maybe post this in the german forum and second I think the problem ist not the miner itself but some security things like the german "CE" sign so its tested by the german authorities and is safe to use... this is probably the only reason why they wouldnt allow it, but as I think this is the same with almost every miner. AFAIK there is no law that prohibits the import or usage of miners and stuff... it actually can only be the security threats...
Lypus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:45:58 PM

Had no problem wirth the import, but UPS needed thes time a extra agreement for the customs in which I wrote my EORI number. Bt the hotline told me it shoul work for private persons even without EORI.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:57:57 PM

I don't know how in Germany but in England I got my Z9 mini with no problem. Delivery was via DHL. They cleared the customs themselves and I was billed upon receipt. I doubt that German customs regulations are very different from those in England. You must have a problem with the paperwork. There should be no ban on imports.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:57:36 PM

Could be EU regulations aswell, i know importing electrical hardware from china is a big no no for EU customs. I think the chinese put all sorts of dangerous metals inside their chips, and EU dont want that shit inside. I got some stuff destroyed due to "too high rating of banned metals".
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:01:04 PM

There is a clear distinction between PSU and simply electrical hardware actualy.
PSU must have the CE logo but electrical hardware powered by less 50v doesn't
https://emcfastpass.com/could-your-product-be-exempt-from-emc-testing-altogether/

As a result, if you buy only the miner it is not subject to CE marking as it's doesn't have a PSU.
If you buy a PSU from bitmain and it has the CE marking, you are safe. Just check with Bitmain or other people on the forum who purchased a PSU from bitmain to check if the PSU has the CE marking.
SergejDoe (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:41:39 PM

On this at the moment.

Seems like the responsible government agency in Germany does list the following as a reason:

- missing or wrong CE sticker
- CE indication wrong or misleading
- not fulfilling 2001/95/EG standards

I am totally lost on where to find the issue here - and can't imagine Bitmain trying to ship hundreds of these ASICS to the EU, well knowing they will get sent back or destroyed.

There is a clear distinction between PSU and simply electrical hardware actualy.
https[Suspicious link removed]mpt-from-emc-testing-altogether/

As a result, if you buy only the miner it is not subject to CE marking as it's doesn't have a PSU.
If you buy a PSU from bitmain and it has the CE marking, you are safe. Just check with Bitmain or other people on the forum who purchased a PSU from bitmain to check if the PSU has the CE marking.
SergejDoe (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:25:35 PM

Statement of reasons from the official authorities in Leipzig, Germany:

a) no Bitmain european postal address printed on the device
b) warning notes on the device not in German language
c) CE sign and test certificate for Low voltage devices is not applicable, by that falsified CE sticker (this one impresses me ... Bitmain overperform by making sure they even do the LVP test, and get punished for it ?)

We are clarifying with the official authorities in different states in Germany (expecting different statements than the one from Leipzig) , as well as we handed the whole topic to our lawyers.

On this at the moment.

Seems like the responsible government agency in Germany does list the following as a reason:

I am totally lost on where to find the issue here - and can't imagine Bitmain trying to ship hundreds of these ASICS to the EU, well knowing they will get sent back or destroyed.

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:11:31 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 01:24:30 PM by melpheos

Statement of reasons from the official authorities in Leipzig, Germany:

a) no Bitmain european postal address printed on the device
b) warning notes on the device not in German language
c) CE sign and test certificate for Low voltage devices is not applicable, by that falsified CE sticker (this one impresses me ... Bitmain overperform by making sure they even do the LVP test, and get punished for it ?)

We are clarifying with the official authorities in different states in Germany (expecting different statements than the one from Leipzig) , as well as we handed the whole topic to our lawyers.

On this at the moment.

I'm pretty certain that the CE marking claim is bogus and the miner itself doesn't require one.

The postal address requirement is also completly bogus otherwise they would have to send back almost everything coming for USA, Japan, Taiwan, China etc... I never heard about this requirement for imports. Maybe they are claiming as as the address is missing, they have no way to contact the company to check the regulation but that also bullshit because i never heard the authority contacting a company on behalf of the customer for that kind of query.

No warning notes in German looks also bogus to me.

However it's does indeed require a sheet form showing it does follow 2001/95/EG standards.
Usually it's a simple sheet of paper with some reference on it that everybody throws away. Unfortunately, if it was not in the box, your friend is out of luck and got hit by some overzealous agents :-/
Indeed lawyering up it the right way to go if there is many units bought.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:20:12 PM

thats the problem with DHL.. im also from germany and my 4 D3 were sent back to china. had to pay shipping costs again and lost 3 monthios of mining because of slow bitmain-support reply.

ALWAYS USE UPS AS A GERMAN!
911tt

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

Same shit in Latvia. With UPS from 1st batch everything was ok, now from 2nd batch problems with DHL and looks like it will be sent back. Only Z9s. No PSU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: