Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect Scam ICO/ potential fail projects  (Read 468 times)
Dblue

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:30:42 PM

I like to think that before anyone invests in a project, they read the whitepaper, check out the team members behind the project and also look out for reviews of the project on the different social media platforms. By doing this, you should be able to determine to an extent, whether the project is a scam or a good one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_cryptoniya_

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

There are a number to recognize the "reality"of the project. One of the most understandable are:
- inexperienced or anonymous developers
- not enough information on the project website
For more information, it is necessary to study the Internet.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
korg1960

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

First of all, you need to check the reliability of the ICO project. The project should be realistic and have a clear budget plan; check whether the project has circumstances under which the obligations to the holders may not be fulfilled and whether the actions with risks are considered; tax obligations should be clearly defined; the availability of a license to carry out financial activities. If these points are met, then, in my opinion, the project can be considered reliable.
Gunslinger-SA

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:53:52 AM

I agree with most of the posts above, but also, you need to look at whether the company can actually make money however good the project is. How far away is the company from actually being able to generate real-world revenue in $ or crypto? This is the sign that the token value will increase after ICO.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 12:40:04 PM

I believe it's hard to detect potential fail projects but easier to detect scam ICO's. I usually check on the team of the project's qualifications and see if they are ambitious enough with a realistic goal. Also read the one page whitepaper.

joshsmith15

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:02:27 PM

No way of knowing for sure. A lot of them are struggling to reach their softcap lately just as the market is so low in general. Some are easy to spot as complete trash though.
ProstoCrypta

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

I think that we cannot be 100 percent sure of that. However, you can study the history of the company, read reviews, study the biography of its owners. In General, to dig as deep as possible.
Nicolapetro

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:34:38 PM

One of the most important criteria, as I believe, is the investment not with the help of Bitcoin, and the ability to invest in rubles or dollars in a real account.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:44:56 PM

One of the most important criteria, as I believe, is the investment not with the help of Bitcoin, and the ability to invest in rubles or dollars in a real account.
then what relation do such investments have to the crypto currency, if it is a question of dollars and rubles? This fraud is aimed at making real money, not crypto currency.
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

It's easy to detect scam ICO. The most important is to background check the ICO team members. Research about them if they really exist. There so many way to verified them. They should also doing live streaming for Q&A  not just posting about their project. Also check their advisor, you can contact those ico advisor easily and you can ask them for confirmation.
89shaky

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:59:24 AM

It is becoming more worrisome in the cryptosystem, so many scam ICO and also failed projects. We do so many bounties and end up with useless tokens of failed project.

I am quite an amateur in the system but I know research has to be done before embarking on investing time or money in an ICO by reading about them in different platforms or even checking out their community, team and investors but sometimes I still guess wrong.

I would like to ask the experienced in crypto how to be sure a project isn't a scam and how to determine their success.
I've been following the forum quite a bit and I hope I get response to help me and others enlightened.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated
I have been involved in the crypto currency market for almost a year, but I still do not understand how to accurately identify fraudsters. Any information will be useful to me
89shaky

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:00:50 AM

It's easy to detect scam ICO. The most important is to background check the ICO team members. Research about them if they really exist. There so many way to verified them. They should also doing live streaming for Q&A  not just posting about their project. Also check their advisor, you can contact those ico advisor easily and you can ask them for confirmation.
Nevertheless, experienced fraudsters can forge everything very qualitatively, and it will be difficult for us to find a mistake Sad
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:06:57 AM

To detect the high potential of an ICO to become a scam you need to do a lot of research. Through the key points to look for:
- website (design + protocol - https to be always used instead of http)
- Whitepaper
- social media activity
- team experience in other projects
- milestones achievement if you're in after ICO
- references on other websites.

I would highly recommend you to have a look to non-ICO projects. (have a look to Staker project in my signature if you're interested)

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:17:30 AM

It is becoming more worrisome in the cryptosystem, so many scam ICO and also failed projects. We do so many bounties and end up with useless tokens of failed project.

I am quite an amateur in the system but I know research has to be done before embarking on investing time or money in an ICO by reading about them in different platforms or even checking out their community, team and investors but sometimes I still guess wrong.

I would like to ask the experienced in crypto how to be sure a project isn't a scam and how to determine their success.
I've been following the forum quite a bit and I hope I get response to help me and others enlightened.

By far the biggest factor affecting if the project will turn out to be a scam is the people behind the project. As a general rule I will not work on any project where I am not able to confirm the identity of the people behind the project. Even then you need to accept the fact that you are investing in startups and even with honest and well intentioned people behind them the majority of them will fail. You just have to make sure you manage to invest in the ones that become huge successes to offset the losses on the failures.

Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:19:56 AM

my joint advice is to see their team whether professional or not.
then read their whitepapper. website brand. roadmap and their target.
then assessing what their products deserve in the market or not.
then look at the minimum amount of investment.
and who their bounty manager if you bounty hunter.

Actually you can do all these steps, and still fall victim to scam ICO. Very good whitepaper, brand roadmaps and even the best bounty manager and still no chance of verifying if that ICO will be successful of not in the end. But if you do your research, theres at lest some chances you'll land into some profitable projects.

Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:22:19 AM

Nevertheless, experienced fraudsters can forge everything very qualitatively, and it will be difficult for us to find a mistake Sad

Definitely true. Even top bounty managers in this forum can fall victim to theses frauds and I have experienced this firsthand. I have always followed top bounty managers to avoid landing on scam ICO but still there is no escape.

rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:32:09 AM

indeed we cannot be sure to detect ICO scams or potentially failed projects. but we can minimize the failure by analyzing their white paper. whether the project whose objectives are clear or not, how the project forms and the team that works in it. there we can judge whether this project is suitable or not for us to participate in it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
windfaraday

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:41:10 AM

It's easy to detect the scam project or the real project. Always check the roadmap, whitepaper and the manger who managed this project. If all clearly, then you can check this ICO in ICO bench, linkedin and the others site for check the rating of thats ICO. And the last for make you believe this project is real or not, you can check their social media's activity, if the admin always share the project with transparency and you can believe this project is really real.

█ CURAIZON █
We are Improving Healthcare, Reducing Costs, Saving Lives!
https://curatoken.curaizon.com
vebby

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:44:12 AM

to be able to see the ICO scam or fail, then I have a trick. the first is viewed from the sale of the token. Select the project with the open sales, so we can also opt in to supervise the sales. If possible, make sure that the information about the project is always updated.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

It is currently very difficult to distinguish ICO scam because they are experts in manipulating new projects to become real projects, such as the formation of project teams and creating whitepapaer.

Doing more research on their team and checking their offices is a good thing. Transparent in the project team's personal data is an added plus for the project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: