Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect Scam ICO/ potential fail projects  (Read 467 times)
celestinamoore (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:58:18 PM

It is becoming more worrisome in the cryptosystem, so many scam ICO and also failed projects. We do so many bounties and end up with useless tokens of failed project.

I am quite an amateur in the system but I know research has to be done before embarking on investing time or money in an ICO by reading about them in different platforms or even checking out their community, team and investors but sometimes I still guess wrong.

I would like to ask the experienced in crypto how to be sure a project isn't a scam and how to determine their success.
I've been following the forum quite a bit and I hope I get response to help me and others enlightened.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gbale

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

my joint advice is to see their team whether professional or not.
then read their whitepapper. website brand. roadmap and their target.
then assessing what their products deserve in the market or not.
then look at the minimum amount of investment.
and who their bounty manager if you bounty hunter.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:24:05 PM

Off course in todays date there is high chance that we may get to see highly qualified whitepaper and roadmaps. The stage make up can be done in such way that everything looks like perfect investment portal!
But it may not be like that. What you should be looking now a days is how much porgies these people have already made? Do they have working models, real life projects or are they starting from the scratch at all. If its from the scratch then try to be more strict about it but if they are start ups with in built products and services then they could be goos investment.
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:30:09 PM

At the moment we can not ask any organization that gives you advice on investing. We must do it ourselves.

If you want to invest your money in any crypto currency, you have to scan all the information about this project.

Read the White Paper

See the website.

See Prototype

View team members: who are they? What did they do before?

This should be the real problem that they want to solve.

And this service / program / application must have a future.

If you think that investing is simple, you are wrong, but it is real.

I wish you more money and good investment.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

It is becoming more worrisome in the cryptosystem, so many scam ICO and also failed projects. We do so many bounties and end up with useless tokens of failed project.

I am quite an amateur in the system but I know research has to be done before embarking on investing time or money in an ICO by reading about them in different platforms or even checking out their community, team and investors but sometimes I still guess wrong.

I would like to ask the experienced in crypto how to be sure a project isn't a scam and how to determine their success.
I've been following the forum quite a bit and I hope I get response to help me and others enlightened.

Majority of ICOs are failing due to the market situation. It is difficult to tell which project is legitimate or not. Some projects are just copying other project's white paper just to make it legitimate, so it will take a thourough review for you to judge whether a project is a scam or not. Take your time, so your effort on joining campaigns will not be wasted.
andrejfilipov876

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:03:10 AM

I am also a beginner ( and it is very difficult . even if the project takes place in all of the above aspects, it is not a guarantee of success . to life . Many cases were where the project is super in all aspects , but still scammers
Dergansion

Activity: 175

https://www.snbtoken.io/

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

I see it just from the number of token their sold out..many partner that was support their project and also they project implement in the field of .how about the project long-term or just limited to the project the launch of the coin course..and than we must look who their team that was working at their project..is passed or not their experience

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

Majority of ICOs are failing due to the market situation. It is difficult to tell which project is legitimate or not. Some projects are just copying other project's white paper just to make it legitimate, so it will take a thourough review for you to judge whether a project is a scam or not. Take your time, so your effort on joining campaigns will not be wasted.
The market has been created a lot of fear for those altcoin traders to buy the new ico, the majority of them were doing a lot of research to determine which is ico that will give you a very huge profit in the future.,
You can see that even some new icos have no buyer after they have listed on the exchange site.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Donned

Activity: 196

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

I think we should pay more attention to the open source code of this project.
If the project remains actively developed, the code is updated quickly and the quality is excellent, then I think the project is worth investing in.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
celestinamoore (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:40:30 PM

my joint advice is to see their team whether professional or not.
then read their whitepapper. website brand. roadmap and their target.
then assessing what their products deserve in the market or not.
then look at the minimum amount of investment.
and who their bounty manager if you bounty hunter.

Much appreciated, i was also advised to check telegram activities
raymondspeaks

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:00:02 PM

Telling us that if we buy in at $0.50 and their coin will go to exchange and be worth more than $5 or so is a red flag for me. No-one can predict what their coin will do and making statements like that gives me big red flags.

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
kyra0018

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:06:02 PM

In order to detect scam ICOs and potential failed projects, everyone who is joining any bounty should take time to read comments and reviews about that specific project.
Mr. Art

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

look at their team carefully,
sometimes a scammy project will add any picture from the internet as their team,, put a good profile link to their team member as well
and read their whitepaper, its a copy paste from others project or not,,

buterinnews

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:20:08 PM

Honestly, almost nothing. One of your main guarantees may be the media nature of the person behind it. Let's say, besides Pavel Durov, I have confidence and I am ready to invest without a share of doubt in his ICO project. And if some unknown person offers to invest in a supposedly promising ICO project and promises to increase funds in a short time without risk, then I will pass by without listening to him.
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:32:26 PM

My advice is to jump in and start getting involved and see what types of projects fail and which succeed.   It's more of a feel than hard fast rules.  If you start to get too ridged you will start to miss opportunities. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:32:31 PM

IIC scams may not be detected at the beginning but ICO scams are detected after a party has thoroughly researched the project.

And detecting projects that have the potential to fail is very small, sometimes when we think the project failed, it works and vice versa. So we believe what we are following, the easiest one is to see the ads that are scattered everywhere, like on YouTube, if you often see crypto project ads there then 70% of the projects are not scams and also fail.
b_economic_d
Copper Member

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:49:56 PM

You need to watch out z team,to study the white papers to monitor the amount of sold tokens, transparently vzaimodeystvovat with investors.
leoni_lach

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:51:38 PM

Nohow. You just have to trust the professionals. If this project is trusted by the big players of this market, then why not just trust us.
SooEz4Me

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

Professional Designer & Manager | PM ME

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:05:03 PM

Its not easy detect scam or not scam ico, but I can help with this criteria, just analyze project:
-Team
Experience and Trusted: visit their linkedins and search their names in internet. Also analyze Advisors
-Whitepaper
Read whitepaper, research it, you can see in whitepaper a lot of to say invest or no
-Media
Look at social networks, follow the project, good team will be update your social networks
-Check GitHub
Just check code of the project, maybe there are a lot of errors
-Read other info:
Roadmap (good roadmap - 5 year)
Token Distribution
Use of Proceeds
Website
Video
Privacy Policy
And other, of course its not full list, good luck!
freshbcash

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:23:27 AM

100% guarantee no one will give you. But, look who is launching the project, what projects they had before, how profitable they are, what team is working in what country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: